The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Lemon Cove , CALIFORNIA

Camping California Lemon Cove Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Lemon Cove Camping Reviews
Pretty, Simple, and Comfortable

Visited right before Christmas and so we were treated to chilly temperatures and a relatively empty park. As a result, the experience was quiet and relaxing with a soundtrack dominated by the creek right outside our site. Location is perfect as a launch point for trips into Sequoia NP!

A quaint stopover

I spent two nights at the campground and would gladly stop by again if I find myself in that corner of the valley. I visited in the last days of November, and imagine there is more activity in other seasons.

I enjoyed riding my bike around the historic town. The infestation of ground squirrels was horrifying for someone who works in agriculture, but they do provide some entertainment to watch, along with the blazing orange sunset.

The staff and host were welcoming and facilitating were clean. There are flush toilets, free hot showers, water spigots, and a $10 dump station. It’s no frills, but had everything I needed for my stay.

Another nice river spot

Stayed here three nights Full moon November 2020 Being the last night There was a few other campers But plenty of space to be away from other camps Not much trail hiking to be had Campground just off fairly busy road No verizon cell service at campground 1 mile west of the campground,by the electrical station,there is spotty Verizon signal You can take a short climb up a service road Across from the entrance to the electrical station. It is very steep Go around a curve to the left Then as you are going around a curve to the right There is a road that goes to a power pole I got 3 bars Verizon 4g at this spot.

The service road goes up the mountain to a water tank Very steep strenuous hike Its about 0.9 miles and elevation change of 750 feet

Nice place to relax

Stayed here 3 nights at the end of November 2020 Camp ground had a few campers in it. Not really any trail hiking to be had. Mostly just a river-fishing A good bit of traffic comes up and down the road. No verizon cell service at campground. If you like steep incline hikes One can hike up a service road and get 3 bars Verizon 4g lte The service road is across from the electrical station, west of the campground Go up and around a curve to the right Then as you go around a curve to the left A road will go left to a power line Best signal here Spotty signal all the way to the water tank. Its about .9 miles and 750 elevation climb To the water tank

One of my faves

This is by far one of the best campgrounds in CA!! Beautiful and stunning scenery!!

Very fun

Short drive from the valley. I highly recommend not going around December it was extremely cold.

Very nice very quiet

Manual and his wife the camp host's are very very nice people making rounds very often , spoke to them many times during the three nights we stayed super quiet at night some wild life can be seen , some slips has a water riser for the trailer or what ever needed , we will be back on a regular basis , manual even brought us the fire wood we bought i didnt even half to go pick it up , the river just a little ways from the park good fishing from what i here

Outpost Camp

We camped at Outpost camp which is about 4-5 miles in from the entrance. No one was there when we camped. Most people camp at Trail Camp. There was a nice waterfall nearby as a great water source. Permit is a must.

It's a place to stay.

Friendly staff, well kept grounds, solid amenities. Many long term guests, a few of which were a bit noisy. I stayed here in a pinch in one of the tent sites. It's a grass patch in the middle of an RV park. I didn't expect more. I might stay again in a pinch, but I'd probably just get a cheap motel room.

One of my favorites.

Snowcapped peaks up high and rushing water below. The pull off has plenty of parking but I was surprised to find people set up next to their cars, granted there was only one other camping party there. So many openings and sites next to the water, only rule is that fires and tents have to be 25ft from the water. No big deal, plenty of room. Two well kept porta potty’s and a dumpster are located in the parking lot and are not a far walk from any of the sites. Hang your trash in a tree or walk it to the dumpster before you go to bed, had to figure that the hard way. Lots of curious birds and squirrels watching you during the day. In the evening/late day that area of the river is LOADED with beavers. Watching them swim around and nibble on branches is memorizing, amazing creatures. At night time you get another variety of animals. We made friends with a couple of skunks. This area has the traditional and familiar stripped skunk and one that is newer to me, the spotted skunk. They’re so cute, more like ferrets. We named him Farley because “HE LIVES UNDER A ROCK…DOWN BY THE RIVER!”. At night, amazing view of the stars! No light pollution granted I went on a new moon. On your way in or out don’t forget to stop in the quaint town of Kernsville. If you need ANYTHING, you can get it at the Kern General Store. You could literally go there with nothing and buy any camping equipment at the General Store.

Lastly, do yourself a favor and stop in the Kern Brewery for some suds and food. I personally got the tri-tip sandwich and a flight of their finest beer. Delicious!!98

Overall, fantastic spot. Will definitely become one of my regular haunts! -Chuck

P.S. Don’t forget, always leave the area better than you found it!

tip: Park your car and before you unload, explore down the hill by the Kern River to find a great spot!