Lake Forest , CALIFORNIA

Camping California Lake Forest

Most Recent Lake Forest Camping Reviews
Perfect weekend getaway !

Lake Perris was a fun and clean place to camp at! We did some fishing, bike riding, the water was clear, and my kids loved it. There is a cool museum were the amazing staff provided us with interesting history about the lake and Indian tribes. Such a fun and peaceful place to hangout at!

Arroyo Seco loop...Clean and quiet

Car camped here 1/15/21 for 2 nights. It’s a few miles outside of Temecula, CA. Easy access via paved road (hwy 79). The resort contains a number of special purpose campground loops. I was in Arroyo Seco. Site #305 doesn’t have much shade but not much of a problem in January. Most sites in this loop are open. Sites to the right as you drive in have more tree cover. There are no power hookups in this section. If you’re tent camping or car camping it doesn’t matter. By Friday night it was filled with huge fifth wheel RVs effectively boondocking with generators. Plenty of families with kids. By 10 pm generators are off and kids are asleep and it was very quiet. Bathroom for the loop was clean. I saw staff cleaning several times a day. Wasn’t much used as all the RVs have their own bathroom in the rig. This is a nice campground for all tent and RV campers. If you’re looking for privacy this isn’t the place, but with a pool (closed for now), miniature golf, bar and restaurant ( take out only) there’s plenty to do for families who want that. Easy hike to Vail Lake reservoir.

O’Neill Local quick getaway

Excellent and well maintained campground with nice bathrooms and showers. Lots of oak tree and shade.

Love this place

My family and I enjoy coming here. We live close by and take out travel trailer there . We love it the sites are great and the staff is very helpful

RIGHT ON THE SAND!

This was the first campground my family and I visited back in September of 2019 when we started testing out the whole camping thing!

We borrowed a 1985 VW Vanagon from a friend and wanted to pick a spot we knew would be an easy WIN. This campground was exactly that.

We found a campsite online last minute. It was a beach front site for $60 a night, which was more than I wanted to pay but was worth it.

We met great people, took a fun bike ride, and spent lots of time on the beach and in the ocean.

We’d go back for sure.

Pitch Your Tent & Surf

The San Elijo Campsite, SoCal is an awesome destination for everyone. Especially, camping beginners, family camping with kids, and surfers of all levels.

The campsites are located atop a beachside bluff for some spectacular sunsets, checking the surf and people watching. The rangers are awesome and super friendly. The campsite store is convenient but if you need something you can drive to a Ralph’s grocery store in 5 minutes.

Facilities include: bathrooms, showers, hookups, etc… this place has it all.

Have fun. Go surfing

Simply ok

We picked this place because it is close to home so it makes for a quick get away. The staff was really nice and when I hadn't realized the spot I had picked was a little small they moved us to a "better" one. Overall, there is nothing spectacular about the place, just a plot of dirt with some trees. Its close to bonita falls which is nice. But there was a lot of people at the falls and SO much tagging. The place is nice enough for a quick stop, city-sh feel but clean air. I will say it was nice to "let go" at this place. Normally I always feel the need to be quite and really hunker down but the atmosphere here was really laid back and everyone was there to just chill. I don't think we will be back but I don't regret the experience

NICE SPOT!

This is an easy, safe, and fun stop with the family. It’s right on top of Pacific Coast Highway and has a beautiful view of the ocean!

Bummer is that no campfires are ever allowed, unless it’s a propane fire pit, and no dogs on the beach or trails (even if leashed).

We went twice in October and got day of spots each time. Rangers were friendly and helpful.

Met great people and walked the beach a mile down to the Shake Shack. Very fun.

Love it!!

We absolutely love it here! Great campground with an awesome staff!

A MUST!

Great, clean, campground for the family. My daughter, dog, wife and I enjoyed two nights here in November 2020 for my birthday. We didn’t have a reservation but they do a lottery at 11am each day and we got spots for two nights.

Really easy to get to. We’ll go back a few times a year.