The best DRIVE IN camping near
Bell Canyon , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Bell Canyon Camping Reviews
Nice TT near LA

This is a good location to explore LA and greater LA area, 45 min to Hollywood sign. Park is a large TT resort with recently remolded lodge in 2019. Great place to stay if you are a TT member road to resort is windy and narrow but easily manageable with larger RVs. The town of Acton is small rural town with a few stores. The area appears to be a flash flood area with heavy rains. We enjoyed our stay and mainly used it as a base camp to explore/ sight see LA. Does offer all the amenities TT resort park typically offer, but it is a TT so expect something to be out of order/closed such as laundry, pool or at least one amenity, but I have come to realize that is one of the bargain trade offs of TT membership.

Camping in the Pine Trees

I have been going to this campground for over 30 years most often in October right before the campground closes for the season. I have found it easy to get a site for the weekend. There are hunters there during October for deer season. It is nice to have space and some privacy to spread out away from other campers. The scenery is is wonderful. It is also a great place if you want to camp of the grid. Just be prepared to bring your own water with you and check the fire restrictions before you go up.

Campsite 4 has a slight incline with space for a large 2 room tent near the table and fire pit. Campsite 5 has a lot of space for a group. If you have a large group Campsites 26 and 28 give you a large flat area between the two sites.

You need to take your trash out with you. There is a store down the hill about 5 miles from the campground with cell service if you need to purchase some items or make a call.

I plan to continue to camp here often.

Perfect Serenity

The Joshua Trees, the sunsets, the sunrises! All so peaceful and beautiful. Absolutely nobody around and we weren’t bothered by any animals either.

Slept in the car and temperatures reached as low as 32 F but with the right equipment we were able to stay warm. Heats up quick in the morning!

Most amazing views of the pacific from the ocean view sites. Friendly staff at check in and wonderful experience, even despite the pouring rain.

Very nice small campground

Nice area for RVing. Good size campsites. Full hookups, Public Restrooms and nice playground area. There is a camp host on site and the Ranger makes at least a daily visit. Someone was still in our reserved spot, They were not in their trailer at the time and the Ranger said they could have the Rig towed, but we opted to have the Ranger change our reservation to another nice site.

Note: Be aware of checkout times, not just here, but any campground as it would be awful to come back to fine your RV had ben towed to an impound lot.

Nice Getaway location close to Pyramid Lake reservoir

Campground has three separate site loops with about 90 Dry Camp camp locations. Water spigots are available in some areas, but not for permanent hookup. I was here in November and it was pretty empty except for the weekend. Some people changed their minds about camping as often in California, there is high risk of fire and no campfires or BBQ's were allowed.

Common areas and every other site was closed due to Covid restrictions. Camp host was very friendly. Some nice hills for hiking and Pyramid lake was close by, paid access to the lake was not included in campground fees.

Restrooms are available and cleaned daily.

I enjoyed my stay here and there was plenty of room for walking my dogs.

Great Park, Better View

Fantastic view mixes with a clean and simple park that has all the necessary amenities. Sites are tightly packed but the spectacular views and open sky of the ocean more than make up for it.

VERY PEACEFUL!

My buddies and I stopped here on our way to the Sierra’s. It was the perfect stop. Quiet. Peaceful. Beautiful.

The owner, Levi, was great. He communicated well and even helped me with places to stay and hike in the Sierra’s.

Large full service site with lots of space on the bank of the Santa Paula creek.

Checked in the day after Thanksgiving without reservations. Staff was kind, helpful and available. Stayed in space #2. Right at the entrance. Sewer, water, 30&50amp, picnic table and fire ring included. House bathrooms available. And alot of family activity amenities. However all amenities were closed unbeknownst to us until after set up.

Awesome

Stopped for one night. Just off “the 5 “ about 60 miles north of LA. Campground has large, private sites and I guess there’s a big lake nearby, but I arrived late and left early. Would loved to have explored but was on a march