The best RV SITES camping near
Barstow , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Barstow Camping Reviews
totally ran down but its available thats for sure

This place we stumbled upon… it's right after the shady lane RV park, if you happen to strike out this place has everything you need for your hook ups so in a pinch it's here for you. They have hook ups, a bar on property, its a dirt lot nothing is paved, they have laundry rooms if need be as well.

A little ran down

A little ran down but everything you can need. Laundry, hook ups and a pay phone. When you first pull in you see all these dope mad Maxx cars… something super cool and they have a drive I’m down the street. I mean how cool! Barstow is nothing lavish but they do have a few rv areas that are ran down but still there if you need them.

Pull off on a long boring highway

A place to camp that's covered, and tables. It’s very affordable so it fills up fast, people leave trash everywhere… so people please clean up after yourself. The road is super easy to get to. If you strike out there are plenty of other free spots on the side of the road such as cima… so much trash but any of the side of the roads you can pull over and get a good night in that is decent.

Super cool little spot

Talk about good times!! Get dirty as you can and have a blast doing it!! Razrrrr city!! Super cool ghost town, and really family friendly! Clean bathrooms and well maintained. You can fill up your propane here and dump your rig if needed. This place has cool little mining caves and a cool train for kids to ride on. Somethings are locked down due to covid but this place isn’t shy of family fun! Really neat place! Bring your fire wood for a cool fire at night, if you don’t want to camp they do have cabins that are without bathrooms but shelter if you prefer. Also plenty of parking for your vehicles.

Good times and Good people

This little town is dope for sure… it's off the beaten path and it's one hell of a time boy!

Great for families for sure!!! Bathrooms could be a little improved but over a super dope place with plenty of history and cool stuff to get into!! It's a must you check it out! Stay a night or two and plan ahead because this place is always busy with people and sand toys!!!!

They do have a dump station and a propane area if you need to fill Up your tanks!!

Talk about good security

I love places that are child friendly because it shows when people truly care for others and this place sure does! Yes, it's a hole in the wall but what did you expect Barstow to be>??? This RV spot however is a KAO and has tons of family-friendly things to do so no one will be bored. Yes it's parallel to the major free way but I mean it's well kept and plenty of things to do. For sure a Good Spot for a day or two

I spent 14 days here over the Christmas Holiday, not very busy and has beautiful vistas. Bathrooms are vault but well maintained. There is only a handful of water sources and none at the horse camp which is approx 1/2 mile from the major campground. For $6 a day you can't beat it.

Nice level spots with reasonable distance from other campers. The horse campground has no water and is about 1/2 mile from the main campground which has a handful of water stations. Vault toilets which are well maintained. I stayed 14 days alone in a travel trailer and felt very safe. The BLM personal are incredibly helpful and kind. I dont have anything negative to say about this location.

ONE OF THE BEST!

We were heading from Newport Beach CA to Lake Havasu AZ and were wanting to split up the drive by camping with our 1987 VW Westfalia somewhere in Barstow.

Did lots of research and landed here at Owl Canyon on BLM land. We weren’t disappointed. It was perfect. We went in late December so spots were easy to come by. Weather was great. Woke up with mild snow on the car.

Campgrounds about 12 miles off interstate 15 and is about 5+ miles is on dirt roads but roads are well kept and easy to drive. Campground is in the middle of nowhere but AMAZING.

We did the main hike at the end of the site. It’s about 3.3 miles there and back.

This place will stay on our GO BACK list.

Mojave River Camping

Afton Canyon Campground is one of the hidden gems for spring and fall camping in the Mojave desert. The campground is located 4 miles from I-15 down a dirt road. The dirt road is easily accessed with any type of car. The campground is a first come first service basis and cost $6 a night. I believe there are 20 campsites.

There are train tracks located next to the campground but the train doesn't run that much. I think I saw 4 trains in a 24 hour period.

The campsite is located along the only section of the Mojave River that is above ground. It's a great place to explore the desert landscape.

Cell Service: Good

Didn’t see a bald eagle this time so I guess we’ll have to go back!

We really enjoyed this campsite. We did go from Sunday through Wednesday and not only was it not crowded but it was nearly empty. Apparently the weekends are quite full.

We stayed in campsite 108 (which had full hookups) and did not feel that the campsites were too close to one another. There were other campers there when we arrived but by Tuesday we had the whole area to ourselves.

Each campsite has a nice picnic table and fire pit with a grill.

We brought our bikes but there was not a whole lot of area to go bike riding. A bit too hilly for us to ride over to the boat launch area but we did drive over there to see the sights.

All of the staff here are incredibly nice and helpful. We spoke to many of them and they seem genuinely happy that people are there. The bathroom facilities were immaculate.

Rangers are eager to answer questions and I learned a bit about the bald eagles in the area from one of them.

T-Mobile cellular signal was fine. No Wi-Fi.

We will definitely go back!