Camping in Angeles National Forest

169 Reviews of 37 Angeles National Forest Campgrounds

Heather L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2022

Relax by the lake!

Hardly anyone there when I went in March and felt like I had the place to myself! Hot showers and picnic table available. Just a 1 min walk down the hill to the lake - a perfect place to have my morning coffee! They allowed pets which is awesome. Super quiet, lots of stars, and a beautiful view.…

Month of VisitApril
Andres P.
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2022

Great scenery

I've stayed here before and love the view it offers. Site #13 feels more secluded than other sites on the campground. Only problem was it's on a slope. Not perfectly flat. There is a clearing about 30 feet out but feels far from the firepit. I enjoyed the scenery and low cost of $12

• great view from firepit
  • the flatest area was between these trees.
  • some snow in January
Sitesite #13
Ashley  C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2022

Technically Open

Seems the campground is open for camping but all the loops and camp roads are closed off due to the snow. There’s a good amount of snow up there too.

Swan R.
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2022

Pretty close to LA

This is our go to spot since it’s close to where we live. Sometimes it’s quiet. Sometimes it’s loud depending on who your neighbor is. And sometimes this place get’s windy as hell.

Brian & Jennifer M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2022

California RV Resort EXCELLENT

Small spots, but level, clean, cement, and full hook up. Bathrooms have great showers, extremely clean, pool and hot tub. 40 to 50 mins to LA and 1 hr to Longbeach. Easy access to freeway small grocery and great coffee shop close.

• Beautiful View
Judy46563
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2022

Small state park campground.

This is the perfect little get away. I'll add there is electric outlets in the modern restrooms that are handy if you aren't prepared to camp without electric. Just please don't abuse them.

Michael C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2021

Nice people, great little store

North of LA. Easy to get to when traveling south. Staff very kind and helpful.

SiteA18
Month of VisitJanuary
Judy46563
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2021

Hidden gem in the desert!

Basic simple campsite but there is water and bathrooms available. Each site has a fire pit, grill, picnic tables and a Ramada to provide shade and block the wind.

Month of VisitJanuary
r
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2021

Hidden in the valley of the high desert

This is a great spot for quiet solitude & magnificent views & sunsets. You also get to hear the train come thru daily which really reminds me I'm in the west. Super scenic, beautiful sunsets.

Sitetent section C
Derek & Alex W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2021

This place is huge!

I think people give this campground such negative reviews for no reason to be honest. The road in is a little windy, but it's easy to get here. The staff were all very friendly during our week stay. Just note that they are going through a lot of updates, which is a good thing for the future!

All…

SiteN-210
Steve F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2021

First time here

This is a huge campground. Not a lot going on here in Acton. Surrounded my mountains, which is nice. Staff is happy and helpful.

Siteb086
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2021

Home Away From Home

Petty much the best rv park in the area for long term stay

Month of VisitOctober
Ann-Marie C.
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2021

Ok overnight stop

I needed an overnight...nearby Flying J would only allow staying 2 hours. I found this and got a spot in their overflow. It only had 20 amp, but glad to get it. Showers nice and clean, spot was level and sort of private. Other sites very crowded from viewing them

SiteT-1
G
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2021

Very Friendly staff with lots of amenities

I can't deduct stars for how crowded it was during Labor Day Weekend. I think it was a treat that we were able to book on a fairly short notice for a holiday weekend. The pool is awesome and huge compared to other campgrounds. It was overly crowded this Labor Day weekend but what do you expect,…

• Roomy campsites
Month of VisitOctober
Ann-Marie C.
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2021

Convenient to I-5

I needed a place just as an overnight and called them late in the afternoon and got a space in their overflow (20 amp, water only). Space was level and large and private. Showers were clean, staff friendly.

SiteT 1