Camping in Alhambra

290 Reviews of 111 Alhambra Campgrounds

James K.
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2022

Amazing tent camping

This place was wonderful. Peaceful, restful and a perfect getaway from the city. Went on a beautiful hike with my son and explored the area. Nice views of the Angeles National Forset Mountains. Definitely going back.

SiteOne of the two lower sites.
Heather L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2022

Love spending time here!

Bolsa Chica is one of my favorite “in the city” places to go and relax. Nothing better than an ocean view and a fire pit!

Month of VisitNovember
Andres P.
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2022

Great scenery

I've stayed here before and love the view it offers. Site #13 feels more secluded than other sites on the campground. Only problem was it's on a slope. Not perfectly flat. There is a clearing about 30 feet out but feels far from the firepit. I enjoyed the scenery and low cost of $12

• view from picnic table
  • some snow in January
  • the flatest area was between these trees.
Sitesite #13
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2022

Awesome Secluded Hike-In Campsite

Parked at Three Points parking lot and hiked about 3.5 miles on the PCT. I believe it has 5 campsites with tables and fire pits. Beautiful river runs in the middle and an added bonus is that it has 2 outhouses. Truly a beautiful secluded campsite.

Ashley  C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2022

Technically Open

Seems the campground is open for camping but all the loops and camp roads are closed off due to the snow. There’s a good amount of snow up there too.

Swan R.
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2022

Pretty close to LA

This is our go to spot since it’s close to where we live. Sometimes it’s quiet. Sometimes it’s loud depending on who your neighbor is. And sometimes this place get’s windy as hell.

Month of VisitNovember
K
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2022

Half Sunk, Overgrown

The camp site looks like it was buried in mud from a flood a few years ago. There’s been no maintenance to this camp. The cook stoves are covered, half of the one picnic table was underground. But still, it’s a beautiful and remote spot. The river was running when I was there in January and it was…

Brian & Jennifer M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2022

California RV Resort EXCELLENT

Small spots, but level, clean, cement, and full hook up. Bathrooms have great showers, extremely clean, pool and hot tub. 40 to 50 mins to LA and 1 hr to Longbeach. Easy access to freeway small grocery and great coffee shop close.

• Beautiful View
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2021

Nice and comfortable

I stayed here for about three weeks. Envy thing is quite nice. However, you do get some road noise if you stay on the road side

Month of VisitJanuary
Gabriela M.
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

Beach Camp

It was nice! Very clean! The boardwalk was endless and great to walk the dog and go for a run! Restaurants all around to have dinner at!

l
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2021

Great Park

Amazing park and really friendly staff. We had a not so great spot E-51 in comparison to most of the other spots, but we got a spot for the 18 days that we needed. Lots of great hiking, green grass, and tons of coyotes.

One odd note:

The staff continually said the park was full yet we always…

SiteE 51
D
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2021

Great with considerations

The most fantastic thing about this RV spot is the location - directly facing a large, beautiful, clean beach with built in fire rings, a very long bike bath and bike rental kiosk. You can step out of your RV and be right on the beach in minutes, for long walks, biking, sunbathing etc. The…

Sitecan’t remember but back row near entrance - we grabbed the only spot we could get.
r
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2021

Hidden in the valley of the high desert

This is a great spot for quiet solitude & magnificent views & sunsets. You also get to hear the train come thru daily which really reminds me I'm in the west. Super scenic, beautiful sunsets.

Sitetent section C
Derek & Alex W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2021

This place is huge!

I think people give this campground such negative reviews for no reason to be honest. The road in is a little windy, but it's easy to get here. The staff were all very friendly during our week stay. Just note that they are going through a lot of updates, which is a good thing for the future!

All…

SiteN-210
Ayla M.
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2021

Amazing park

I stayed in the ‘F’ area and was lucky to have a lake view. Beautiful view with tons of trees and hills. Love it here wish I could stay forever. Super convenient laundry & showers as well. Arturo filled my propane and was super kind and helpful. Same as everyone else here!

SiteF