Equestrian
National Park Service
No Market
Ozark - Buffalo National River is located in Arkansas
17 Reviews of Ozark - Buffalo National River
Scenic views and clear water

Floating the Buffalo is a lot of fun! Scenic views to enjoy along the way, pit stops for some amateur cliff jumping and just floating in the cool, clear water is worth the trip.

Beautiful and clean campground

Very nice campground with bathrooms and showers and electrical hookups. Nice pavilion and river access. Beautiful place to camp!

Incredible hikes/waterfalls/caves/wildlife

Incredible campground and beautiful park! We saw a ton of Elk and the trails were incredible! Amazing waterfalls!

Good swimming - okay camping...

Arrive to the campground early in order to get a spot. This place becomes very crowded on weekends & during camping season. Campsites are very close to each other so it makes for loud mornings and loud nights. The facilities are a little dated and and in need of repair.

The hiking and swimming made this place a lot better. This campground has great river access. The water was very clear in some spots and that was pretty neat!

Beautiful and remote.

The Buffalo River is a must see Arkansas attraction.

Remote Camping With Blue Waters

Arkansas is one of my favorite places to camp. The state’s focus on their outdoor spaces is apparent when you travel to any one of their campsites or state owned facilities.  They really stick to their “Natural State” theme to say the least.

I traveled down Scenic Route 7 from Eureka Springs to Little Rock and found Buffalo National River, which until that trip I didn’t know was even there.  And how did I discover it? A sign pointing me into the direction of Ozark Campground and outdoor space.

At the time of my visit I had no idea what to expect when I got out of my car and started walking toward what appeared to be a hiking trail.  It opened up to the beautiful turquoise waters of the river, something I didn’t know existed in this area of Arkansas.  Nothing I had read or researched had mentioned this natural beauty just waiting to be explored.

Satisfied with my find I looked more into the camping area which included fire rings and picnic tables. There didn’t appear to be anyone settled in due to the recent rains and the moist ground where the primitive dry campsites were located.  I noticed on the entry kiosk there was additional information about the site including that it is a seasonally non-charging facility which sounded way to good to be true considering there were 31 spaces there and had to be a popular favorite when the weather was better.

During the summer months there is a flush toilet, so I went to check it out and it was nothing to exciting but well maintained.  During the winter they did provide vault toilets but no running water.

A negative I could see for some is the lack of cell signal with AT&T, this was an issue pretty much the entire scenic highway however not just at the campground.  I also noticed it would probably be pretty difficult to travel down the road if weather was icy, with the rain that had passed through it was slick so I can only imagine if the ice was full force, otherwise I would say this would be a great place to get winter mountain photos.

TIPS:

• Check out the river the water here is some of the most clear you will find and perfect for a number of activities. I found it to be perfect for swimming or relaxing but a lot of people kayak here.

• Bring a walking stick. There are several areas around here you will find perfect for hiking.

Beautiful and serene

Plenty of options for tents and RV's. Lovely section of the Buffalo River. Flushable toilets and shower facilities available. Can get crowded and loud during peak season. Several trails to hike of varying intensity levels. Really cool sink hole to look at on one of the trails.

Gorgeous Views

Buffalo River Campground is a great place to camp. Located on the beautiful Buffalo River, the views are incredible. It’s Dog friendly too and there are many hiking trails close by, some of which even connect to the campground. The river is also clear and a great place to cool off, tube or canoe down. I will def. return here!

June 10 - 17th 2018

Loud equipment to repair multiple camp sites around us.. Didn't know the showers were 100% out until we got there.. Got $130 fine for not knowing the seat life preserver was not acceptable.. Apparently you are supposed to know to read the fish and game website to know about the year changes in floating laws.. Even if you don't fish and knew nothing about it.. Thank you Buffalo ranger.. You kinda are not my favorite person right now.. :(

Stunning river

Amazing scenic cliffs, breath taking beauty. Park Rangers are all so helpful & welcoming!