The best TENT SITES camping near

Most Recent Norman Camping Reviews
Ouchita lake

The place is beautiful!

Great park

This is one of the nicest parks. RV camping with all hook ups avaliable and right on the lake with very scenic hiking. The entire park was very clean. The only con is the camping spots are very close together, but We had the whole camp ground to ourselves. Would be awesome summer hot spot

Beautiful Lakeside Camping

We enjoyed our 2 night stay here. We arrived on Friday evening and found our site was even closer to the lake than expected. We were nearly surrounded by water and it made for a pretty view--especially at sunrise. Some of the other sites looked a little muddy, but ours and the one next to it were built up and relatively dry. We had a table, a lantern pole, and a fire pit. There was a faucet next to the site and several covered trash cans across the street. It was quite cool and the breeze off the lake made it feel even colder, so be prepared for that. There isn't much privacy anywhere in this campground as far as I could tell. Our neighbors were very close and there aren't as many trees as you might expect. I don't know that I'd want to stay here during a busy weekend, but it was good for winter camping.

The bathrooms were clean and the one near the boat ramp is heated. The booth was closed for the season, but the campground host came by once to check our reservation. We saw several deer grazing behind the playground and a Bald Eagle flew over our site one morning.

Our campsite was nice and very close to bathhouse with hot showers. Sites were mostly well maintained. Some of the sites near the water were on top of each other due to rising water levels. Sites next to ours were closed due to water washing out the road and electric hookups almost underwater. Despite problems, this campground could be amazing if Forestry Service wod be allowed to upgrade a few sites. Swimming area was nice.

Great campgrounds around Lake Quachita

So we have noticed that there are a couple of different review options/pages on Dyrt for this particular area of Lake Quachita. We have written reviews for both Lake Quachita State Park and Crystal Springs Campground. If you are looking for reviews for either of these campgrounds, I would recommend looking at those specific pages on this website. They will offer more reviews than this page.

I uploaded a video and a few pics from both just to give you an idea of the stuff they have to offer.

All-in-all, you can't go wrong with either option if you are looking for a campground in this area of Arkansas.

Good price and close to the crystal mine

I don’t think camping at this RV park is about the camping experience; it’s about the proximity to the crystal mines. It is a good campground for the price, but it is not anything fancy.

However, if you travel to the area to specifically go mining for crystals then it is definitely a win because the crystal mines are only a rock(or crystal) throw away from the park.

This RV park is located near Coleman Rock Shop & Crystal Mines and Ron Coleman Mining (And yes, they are owned by the same family but they are different sites). Ron Coleman Mining is the site closest to the RV park and the Rock Shop is located on the corner of main st. Coleman Rock Shop is the more affordable option out of the 2 crystal digging sites.

Beautiful Park with campsites by the lake

We absolutely loved our stay at Crystal Springs. The woman at the gate booth was wonderful upon checkin, just so kind. The site was wonderful. It had trees for a couple hammocks, a picnic table and firepit facing the water(most of the sites are lakeside with wonderful views), and was an easy pull-thru for our vintage Avion trailer.

I also feel like our site was the most ideal site if you have kiddos with you. They can walk in the water from the adjacent beach, you can see them the entire time, and you’re super close if they need you. The beach has a very large area that is shallow enough for littles to stand in and play(our daughter is 7), and it gradually deepens.

There is also a small playground on the beach(however, it was roped off for Covid-19). I don’t recall our site number, but it’s just to the right of the beach, and you can see its position in our youtube video.

On one day, we made the short drive to Hot Springs National Park for an afternoon hike and also went digging for Crystals at Ron Coleman Mining which our daughter loved. And I didn’t know this beforehand, but the“Coleman Rock Shop& Crystal Mines” on the corner of the main road(State Hwy 7) also offers crystal mining for a LOT cheaper. They mine a different area though, and we don’t have video or pics of their mining lot. Call to compare the two before you go.

I can definitely say, we will visit Crystal Springs again(same site, too). Our Little D loved the entire trip.

Great lake and beautiful campground

This was officially the first campground we stayed at after we bought out Uhaul CT-13. It was perfect for our first camping adventure.  It had great views of the lake from most of the campsites. The only thing I would say we had an issue with was the fact that there wasn't a lot of space between each camping spot. Other than that, the park was great.

Beautiful trails with views of the lake.

The only reason I didn't give this park 5 stars was because we didn't camp overnight here, we only did a day hike, so I can't rate the park on EVERYTHING they have to offer. However, everything we did have the chance to explore was GREAT.

From the visitor center, where everyone was very polite and eager to help to the hiking trails that were well maintained and clean. This park was beautiful. Plus, they didn't charge a day fee which was amazing since everywhere I usually visit has a fee to enter the park. That was great since we only wanted to do a short hike.

I did notice they also had a nice playground for the kids, as well as, a boat dock and pier. I definitely want to go back again sometime and actually stay a few days.

Quiet By The River

Stayed here for a night in August 2020. I can’t remember what site we stayed in but each campsite is reserved on a “first come, first served” basis. You can get there and pick an available site at 11Am and must reserve it in the campground office. The camp hosts are very nice! Bathrooms are cleaned and nicely spaced but no showers. Our campsite had plenty of room for both of our tents and 2 hammocks for daytime naps:) Cell reception with Verizon wasn’t an issue. We did have a difficult time finding fire wood as no store nearby sold any. Camp hosts didn’t have any either so come prepared. There are picnic tables, a grill, and fire rings at each site. Even though we had picked a campsite closer to a bathroom, we still ended up having to walk a bit to another since they periodically closed  rest areas for the day to clean. A little annoying when you don’t want to walk but I appreciate them taking all precautions during a pandemic. There’s trails nearby that take you to downtown Hot Springs so we didn’t have to drive. I’d definitely come back here. It was very relaxing!