Camping in Mesa del Caballo

THE BEST Drive-In CAMPING NEARMesa del Caballo, Arizona

Recent Drive-In Reviews Near Mesa del Caballo

307 Reviews of 63 Mesa del Caballo Campgrounds

dusty

Dusty and rude hosts keep complaining abt small things daily. We ll not be returning!

River Camping

Beautiful and cold. W love it and will be back! We saw cow.

lake camp

Hosts are nice. Amazing place to be! We saw few times elk and deer. Parking can be full jn Summer. Lake is near by. Road is rocky and raw. I has to replace one tires. Beautiful I ll be back!

CC C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2022

Closed until summer 2022

Found this place online and was stoked to check out the hot springs. Upon arrival to the top of the road we were turned around. Apparently a fire a while back took out the power lines and blocked the road. linemen are working hard to get it clear and power up again before the road will open up…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2022

Houston Mesa

Great campground. Next to Payson. Opens up lots of opportunities. Biking & hiking. Excellent and well maintained camp sites. Each site is surrounded by trees. Private.

• ready to fire up.
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2022

Friendly service

Both the staff and other campers were very helpful

conor C.
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2021

Great camping

Clean good camping in February 2021. Lots of razrs on the trail. Took seven springs cave creek to bloody basin road into the site. Then bloody basin back to I17 on the way home. Both scenic good drives. BUMPY. kidney rockers on the way down to the water. Air down.

• Play button icon
SiteRiver spot
Month of VisitMarch
Haley S.
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2021

new favorite spot

Absolutely loved this campground! I went on a weekday so I got a great spot right near the rim. My little 2wd car made it in just fine. Can't wait to visit again as soon as I get the chance. :)

Matt
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2021

Serene

This was a peaceful place to camp. Right off the highway. You can hear some of the traffic but it wasn’t a big deal to us. The dirt roads are decently kept and wasn’t too rough of a ride. We drove off the road to find a spot to set up. There are small tree stumps to watch out for but I’d image a…

jaczxbox The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2021

Pretty good

Nice but kinda loud

SiteUnkown
l
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2021

Great camping!

Well-spaced sites, clean flush toilets and sinks. Pretty with trees. Close to road. We could hear traffic, but it didn't impede our good time.

SiteMou 15
Gil P.
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2021

Nice campground. Well maintained. Wide paved streets.

Campground sites are well spaced with lots of privacy. The dump and showers were out of service due to mechanical problems. The only downside is trying to find enough level sites when they are busy. The campground is also very close to Payson so you will hear Street noise if you listen.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2021

Worth the trip

I got lucky and arrived on a Saturday morning to find site two open. it has great hiking good cell phone reception I was able to stream a football game. the trailhead has restrooms.

alex M.
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2021

Nice and quite

It was a very nice weekend get away. The woods were awesome and very little noise besides cars driving along the road. Thr road was a very easy drive. Only downside is the campsite was very close to the road.

Alex H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2021

Cozy Spot

Cool little place right off the highway. Road keeps going back with more and more areas to disperse camp. If you plan on going deep, definitely recommend a 4x4 as the road gets really rough.

SiteDispersed