Camping in Cashion

255 Reviews of 36 Cashion, Arizona Campgrounds

Kiley S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Desert Tortoise > Roadrunner

I stayed at Lake Pleasant for quite a while I’m December, I even spent my Christmas here. I preferred the dry camping in Desert Tortoise over the hookups & sites in Roadrunner. Roadrunner was lovely and families with big RVs and children seemed to enjoy it, but as a solo vanlifer, Desert…

• view from desert tortoise
  • view from desert tortoise
  • view from Roadrunner
Month of VisitJanuary
Atlan J.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Summer fun but water quality?

Out in the sun with family fun. You never know what lies in the depths of this “lake” with goggles on it seems even scarier.

Sitescorpion bay
Atlan J.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Great Sumer spot!

Holidays get packed. Currents get strong out in the middle lista of Spots. Wild horses. Fishing, you can camp in Friday-Out sunday

• wifey and I 🖤
Sitecoon bluff river bank
A
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Donkeys

Stayed there for a weekend. It was beautiful and quiet and the donkeys kept us entertained

Aeddan D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Good campground and good bathroom.

Great campground with heated bathrooms close to phoenix. Hiking nearby is fun like windy cave trail.

Month of VisitJanuary
Tony C.
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

Great views and nice amenities

The campground has developed sites in the middle of the Sonoran Desert. The views are fantastic, especially during early spring. The sites are well maintained and have several bathrooms with private showers. Usery Mountain is also just a few minutes away from east Mesa, which has a good selection…

Site18 (developed)
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Very clean!

Great hookups and space between neighbors.

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Beautiful desert campsite

We had a great stay at lost dutchman, lots of great hiking, and dog friendly attractions nearby.

H
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Bring your snow tires

Easy to find, but sites are primarily soft sand. Our van got stuck and had to be towed out.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Third trip out with the family

Went out to fine tune our camping setup with the family and a new tent. After several years away from camping, we are quickly learning the ropes. Lost Dutchman is close enough to town if we need supplies(which this trip proved to be needing) that we can go get what we need from Apache Junction.…

Andy K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Good desert lake to camp at

I'm a fan of more trees but obviously this is the desert so that's what you get.  Good location.

Nice lake site near Phoenix

This is a great site to camp if you are like me and need to look at water every now and then. It’s popular and can be crowded. Noise used to be a real issue, but it seems to be better lately. Facilities are usually pretty clean. Though it’s not my favorite campsite, it’s a regular one for me…

Siteunsure
Month of VisitApril
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Spacious sites and amazing views

I love these sites, they seem to really embody the AZ southwest camping experience for me. Our site had a view of a trail where we watched equestrians ride by sporadically throughout the evening. We saw some snakes, coyotes, and other wildlife. This is a very nice site, and a quick drive from…

Siteunsure
Month of VisitApril
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Nice trails and views just west of Phoenix

This is my go-to local campground, a quick 20 minute drive, and I’ve been camping here for years! The facilities are always clean, and the other campers are generally quiet and respectful here. The sites are spaced out nicely, and it has never felt crowded to me even during the busy season.

SiteI’ve stayed at many.