Colony , ALABAMA

Most Recent Colony Camping Reviews
Perfectly Designed for RV Newbies!

Loved this park! It was our first trip in our new Travel Trailer and it couldn't have gone better. We stayed at Yellow Hammer site #9 easy pull through with plenty of room. Not only did all the sites have amazing scenery but the roads were well maintained. Full hookups and AT & T cellphone coverage good enough for working from Trailer. Verizon cellphone coverage didn't work here. Each site fully equipped with fire ring, picnic table, and lantern poles. Wood available for purchase from host.

Beach & Bath houses were closed due to COVID-19

We spent a lot of time walking with our kids on the trails and riding scooters around the campsite roads. Nature trails were extremely well kept with great views on the water

Best site is Yellow Hammer #17

Clean campground, pleasant check in

We only stayed one night. Large campground, broken into 3 areas. Lots of camp sites and cabins too. Campground was wooded, clean and had all the amenities you could need.

Love! Love! Love!

We're craft vendors at Tannehill Trade Days March- November and we've started camping out there every month. My grandkids absolutely love it. The ride their bikes, play in the creek, and eat great ice cream from the creamery!

Really neat

Great state park. RV sites are close together but the amenities are awesome. Great shower and bathroom plus a big pool with water from the caves! Great stop. Took the cave tour which was awesome as well.

We love this place!

We absolutely love camping here. The campground is small but it’s nice and clean! Very peaceful and relaxing! The pool is a major hit in the summer, some of the water running in the pool is from the cave and it is ice cold! The staff here is extraordinary! We have stayed here a lot, I would say site 12 is our favorite! Hope you enjoy!

Not for tents

We stayed here for two nights to kayak the Sipsey River nearby. The location is great. I don’t know about the other spots but the Yellow Hammer loop is not meant for tents. We were told by the host we could not pitch a tent on the grass so we had to pitch a tent on a gravel/concrete slab. There is water and electric hook ups. One of the two bathroom facilities was open. The showers were hot! This is a very family friendly campsite, we heard children playing loudly late into the night (so bring ear plugs) lol.

Beautiful and Quiet

I couldn’t believe how quiet and beautiful the park was. We were surrounded by the biggest trees I had ever seen in person. Hiking to the falls was the best activity for our family. We are planning on returning!

The rv sites are huge, and well spaced out. The camp hosts were nice and helpful.

Great

Everything was perfect from the first call until the day we left. Big spots. Shower houses were very clean and big pool I will recommended 100% $30 dlls per night

Nice group site

This is another great group site for 2-3 tents at one of the bends in the river. It is situated nice and high up on the bank so you should be well protected from flooding. It is also situated on the closer end to one of the parking lots making it a great spot to set up if you hit the trail a little later in the day or want to finish early the next day. Overall like most of the other sites in the Sipsey, it is very much a backcountry site with a few logs and a crowdsourced fire pit but.

Small site along the water

Make sure to check out my other reviews of Sipsey to get a full picture of all the hiking and camping available in the area. This particular site is a small flat area along the bank of the river in a sandbar. It is enough space for a single tent and has a small built-up fire ring. I would not suggest camping here since the river flooding can be a major issue. This site, although comfortable with the sand, would put you at risk of waking up in the river. There are many other sites in the same area that I would suggest scouting out first before setting up camp here.