Camping in Brownsville

325 Reviews of 104 Brownsville, Alabama Campgrounds

T
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Very Clean RV Park

Nice overnight or weekend stay. Very clean restrooms, showers, nice pool, game room & playground. Just off I-65. Staff are very welcoming & accommodating!

B
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Plenty of space

We camp here a good bit and is cheap and has lost of room to spread out and camp.

R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Peach Queen campground

When we arrived the grass was very tall. They did mow today. Just not my site as we were occupying it. It has full hook ups. Not very much shade. My site has none. The bathrooms are dirty. The pool is a nice size. It could use a vacuum. There is a decent size jungle gym at the playground. My 8 year…

Site10A
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Awesome RV park

Very well laid out, clean, and cool RV park. Easy access to highway, very spacious and new bathrooms and showers. Very much enjoyed our stay.

Genie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Not what we hoped for

We stayed in the Antioch loop on site 93. The site was super close to 92 and 94. We felt we had no personal space. A couple kept walking through our campsite to get to a boat they had parked at our site. I love rustic but Antioch was not rustic, it was over grown and did not look maintained. We…

SiteAntioch 93
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Back again, 3rd time.

We came for the memorial day weekend and the week afterwards. The park was full but also still peaceful and quiet in the primitive camping area.

Siteprimitive site 120
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Family Fun!

We took our kids for the first time and it was a great trip! I’ve always lived Oak Mountain so I for sure go back as often as I can. We stayed on 42B which was an AMAZING site. My favorite one so far. There was a lot of traffic just because that was the way to get to the campground beach, but it…

Site42B
Kathy H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Spot by the lake

Nice place. Quiet park with some highway noise. Didn't use any amenities. Don't think there's much. Cable. We would return with kayaks and enjoy the lake.

Bill M.
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Great place

Had a great time we primitive tent camped toilets where very clean non drinking pump close by. Will be back soon

Benjamin K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Top of Alabama

Cheaha is great for year round camping. Some of the states best hiking trails. Best time to hike is Winter (IMO) when the leaves are mostly gone and you have great views all around. Also trails for mtn. biking. Campgrounds are in great shape with clean bath houses. I’ve camped at both lower and…

Site4 upper campground
fletcher6531 The Dyrt PRO User

Alabama lake spot

Stopped overnight at this very quiet spot. Didn't see much but lake was very buetiful. Worth coming back.

Jeffrey S.The Dyrt PRO User

Awesome State Park and Campground

There is so much to do and see here at the park.  For your stay, there is camping, cabins, chalets, and a lodge for accommodations.  There is mountain biking and hiking trails, along with a lake to swim, fish and paddle in; and a pool if you are a overnight visitor.  There is a camp store onsite…

• Mountain Laurel
  • Big foot
SiteS51
Bill M.

Great place

Had a great time. What was going to be 3 day trip, turned into 6. So many trails and waterfalls to find.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Hoover Rv Camp Review

It's mostly for Pull Alongs, 5th Wheelers & RV's, no spots for a Tent trees far away but not too far. On the outskirts of a parking lot of a stadium!

P
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Quiet

Nice, quiet, primitive campground. •Beautiful creek beside it that makes a great place for summer fun •Great hiking trails. •Vault toilets •No running water in faucets •Tends to hold water in rainy season •Flat camping spots •Fire Pits •Nice mountain views

Great place for a weekend getaway.…

Siteno number