About Fishing Bridge RV - Yellowstone National Park
National Park Service
Fishing Bridge RV - Yellowstone National Park is located in Wyoming
17 Reviews of Fishing Bridge RV - Yellowstone National Park
Great for the family

Just finished up our yearly trip to Yellowstone and we stay at this campground every time. We booked 4 sites for family this year and they accommodated us all and put us close to each other. Do not walk around at night without a light as there are lots of wildlife around. Had a close encounter with a very quiet bison one night. Everything is always clean and the people are friendly. Very close (by Wyoming standards) to West Yellowstone, MT if you need supplies. This year, while driving around the park we were able to see wolves, bears, mountain goats, bison, rabbits, and of course all the other little creatures.

Bridge Bay

Large campground nicely set up for tent or RV camping, with loops for tents only as well as mixed areas. Try and avoid the "meadow" loops unless you like the outdoor festival atmosphere. Watch for wildlife such as deer or bison wandering through your campsite. Loop E and F have nice views of the lake, and loops H, I, and J are nicely tucked in the trees. Shower house is just up the road at Fishing Bridge. Be sure to check out Lake Hotel in the evenings for libations and soothing music. The restaurant there is excellent with fair pricing.

All around camp

The camp ground is very conveniently located in the center of the park. It gives campers access to the lake, restrooms and grills. Very family oriented. It's probably the largest camp ground in YS NP, so that is your better chance if you booked too late.

I also found the staff at camp registration very helpful, patient and informational. They don't mind taking the time and answering any questions you may have. The line might be a little slow when there were too many camper. I was being patient because I knew they want to make sure the camp remain clean and safe (from bears).

Bridge Bay Campground

Good location for activities around Yellowstone Lake. There weren't many hiking trails with fantastic views nearby, but the location near the east entrance to the park was convenient for a first night stay. Good jumping off point for a several day trip in the park if you are arriving later in the evening. Sunset over Yellowstone Lake is lovely if you find a good spot on the north or eastern shore of the lake.

Standard Campground near many Yellowstone attractions

With no reservation we drove into Yellowstone hoping to find open campgrounds. This was the closest open campground. We stayed at site 196, which was right across from the campground amphitheater. The campground was pretty standard. There were ample clean restrooms though this campsite had no showers, which meant we had to drive to another and spend part of our day adventuring to shower. This campground is right off the main loop of the park with relatively short drives to many of the main attractions. There was also a lodge just across the street that offered cheap breakfast items, because everyone deserves a plate of pancakes before sightseeing and hiking. There were ranger talks every night, which we could hear from the campground – made walking over to watch an easy choice. We had no major wildlife encounters at the campground but were extra careful to keep items with smells and food in the car out of sight – no grizzlies for us please! The sites were a bit crowded without much privacy but since we were away for most of the day this wasn’t to big an issue. Overall the campground was a bit pricy and pretty standard – nothing particularly special. I’m sure there are others in the park that are much nicer. As this was my first trip to Yellowstone I spent most of the time driving around taking in all the sites. I was of course wowed by all of the geysers, springs and colorful pools. However what was the most unexpected and favorite part of my stay was the grand canyon of Yellowstone the stairs down to see the waterfalls were awesome and it’s a part of Yellowstone that is not as well known. I would definitely recommend visiting!

Not bad for first NP visit!

My husband and I enjoyed our stay. Right near the bathroom which was very clean. The campers around us were fairly quiet and we overall enjoyed our time. We will be back!

typical NP campground

site: smaller sites. lacks privacy. some trees, but not too much shade. amenities: decently clean for the large amount of people at the campgrounds. attractions: near hiking. ranger lead programs at night which were great. quite busy. I would go camping here if we wanted to stay within the park (drove through just to see campgrounds).