Standard (Tent/RV)
About Mirror Lake

Welcome to MirrorLakeWisconsin.com! Mirror Lake State Park covers over 2000 acres and is just three miles south-west of Wisconsin Dells. Sandstone bluffs surround half of the lake which offers excellent fishing, swimming and canoeing, kayaking and birdwatching opportunities. You’ll also enjoy wooded campsites, picnic areas, a boat landing, and miles of biking, hiking and cross-country ski trails.

Rocky Arbor State Park is Managed by Mirror Lake and is located within a mile and a half of Wisconsin Dells. Rocky Arbor offers over eighty wooded campsites, while pine trees and sandstone bluffs offer a cool escape to the picnicker or hiker in this summer park.

RVs and Trailers
30 amp Hookups
No 50 amp Hookups
Max Length: 30 ft.
Mirror Lake is located in Wisconsin
23 Reviews of Mirror Lake
Nice Camping, Easy Walking Trails and Weedy Lake That's Great for Kayaking

This Wisconsin State Park has a several loops of campsites, a nice, though at times weedy lake and nice trails throughout. While I didn't do it myself, friends who have camped here told me that the Ishnala Supper Club is a nice walk away if you're looking to expand your dining horizons from your campsite cooking adventures.

Mirror Lake is large and long, and thus makes for interesting kayaking and canoeing because there is always something new to see around the next corner. As though to prove my initial thoughts about this, while enjoying the view at the boat launch we saw three kayaks put in or pull out in less than 5 minutes. I was there in July and October and both times the lake had significant weed coverage. Fortunately the beach was spared of this water growth.

I have not camped at this park, but have spent several days there hiking the trials, spending time on the water and exploring the park's campground areas. Most of the sites have a permanently-installed tall, metal "shepherd's hook." These could be used to hang lights or get a small bag of food out of animal reach.

21 this campsite has a picnic table, basic fire pit and shepherd's hook.

24 doesn't have much privacy, but it is really big with lots of room for large tents or a big kitchen fly.

36 has a fair amount of understory growth keeping it private from other campsites, but what makes this site interesting is there is a sandy area that would make for a very nice place to put your tent.

44 is a very large campsite with lots of trees in the campsite good for hanging hammocks.

93, in the Sandstone campground, this is one of the nicer spots, long driveway surrounded by trees nice and shady and has a bit more privacy from the road than others. One downside of tent sites in this area is that they are among lots of electric sites.

203 is furthest off of the parking lot and for this away from the other neighboring campsites.

201/202, and 203/204, would be great as double sites for families that want to camp together. Not necessarily group campsites, but they are close enough together that they would be great for two parties camping together.

201 through 204 are a little bit off of a large parking lot. They don't seem to be group sites but are definitely Far away from many of the other campground sites and would be nice if you wanted to get away from other campers. It's also nowhere near any electric sites.

Lovely park- close to freeway

Mirror lake feels like taking a little step back into time.  Ishnala supper club is basically in the state park, and having an Old Fashioned cocktail there is quite possibly one of my top Wisconsin experiences.

This park is kind of the hidden gem of the Wisconsin Dells area. If you are looking for loud levels of activity, you hit up a water park or magic show. If you want some nature, you do the Dells or Devil’s Lake state park (which I’m informed is a party campground). With all of this going on it is quite easy to overlook Mirror Lake, even though it is only a hop skip and a jump away from the retro Denny’s.

We stayed at this park so that we could have a pandemic-style meetup with my in-laws. I chose site 204 because it looked enormous (it is) and it has a good sized parking lot. If you are camping with another family this is a good site to get, since 203 is connected by a trail. The sites don’t have a lot of visual privacy between them, but you are far enough away that the people staying there weren’t even really on my radar.

There are A LOT of campsites at this park (I believe 110 total) .There were very few that I would designate as a“bad” campsite, there is just a lot of variety. A fair amount of them were directly off of the main park road and looked nice, you just have to be willing to deal with more car traffic. We stayed in the Sandstone Ridge loop, and some of the sites had more elevation gain than others. The bathrooms are open during the pandemic, they look on the older side. Firewood was $6 a bundle at the time of our stay.

Important thing to note: you are so so close to the freeway. I wasn't aware of the freeway noise during the day, but once I went to bed it was all I could hear- so bring better earplugs than I did!

Relaxing Friday Night

We arrived friday afternoon and left saturday after lunch. Good weather, and water. Only downside was the bathroom/showerhouse was out of service at our campground section.

Beautiful but not the most private

7/3/20-7/5/20. Site 29

Nice, a bit on the smaller side

We took site 138 as recommended by another reviewer.

Pros:

Nice, quiet loop,

Little traffic,

Close to a bathroom with showers and the paved trail

Private path in the back of the site leading to an area overlooking the lake,

Nice fire ring,

Garbage/food hook,

Not bad mosquito-wise,

Nice trails,

Picturesque park,

Decent cell phone reception, even data, with Mint Mobile that runs on TMobile towers.

Cons:

The loop has no trees, so you can definitely see your neighbors across, we parked our car across the driveway for privacy,

Freeway noise is very prominent, especially at night,

Site itself is small, surrounding sites are also small, especially 139, there was a full-size RV backing into it as we were leaving, and it looked like it would not fit (we stayed at a single site at Governor Dodge a week prior, and it was almost twice as big),

Path behind the site ends on a bluff overlooking the lake somewhat, but if you have kids, I’d not let them go alone, it gets steep towards the edge.

Overall, we enjoyed the park a lot. Nice trails, walking distance from the campground, unlike in some other parks, where you have to drive to hike, great terrain to explore, boat launch area is very nice and wide, we had a rubber boat with a trolling motor, and the lake was very enjoyable.

Quiet with Plenty of Tree Cover

I stayed in the Bluewater Bay campground because after a terrible stay at a state park in Illinois that didn’t have separate spaces for RVers and tent campers, the fact that Bluewater Bay doesn’t have electric was all I needed to know. I was not disappointed. I stayed on a Sunday and Monday night in July and it was very very quiet and even when most the campsites filled up the second day, the fact that there’s dense bush and tree cover between sites means you still feel some sense of solitude. The bugs were bad—bring spray and coils to burn.

The best part about Mirror Lake State Park is the lake itself. I SUP and it was a truly magical lake for a few hours paddle early on a Monday morning. I SUP’d Devil’s Lake the next day and just kept comparing the two—Mirror Lake feels secluded and with its calm waters and cool canyons, this is easily one of the coolest lakes I’ve ever SUP’d. Devil’s Lake is cool, but it was crowded and less magical by far.

Very Peaceful Weekend

This trip was planned on very short notice, so I didn't really know a whole lot about this park. I was pleasantly surprised when we started to do some exploring. Echo Rock trail is a great hike around rock formation. I was disappointed when I realized how far away the shower/toilets are away from ever loop in the campground. It wasn't a huge deal because vault toilets aren't awful, but it is nice to actually wash your hands properly once your done.

My favorite part was finding an unmarked trail along the lake! If you walk down to the fishing pier and hop over the railing to your right you will walk along a beautiful trail between large rock structures and the lake.

Big woodsy sites

We have a big private site #138 it’s in the Cliffwood loop at the end where the circle is. We had electric, picnic table, (you have to fill your camper with water after you enter there’s many hoses) we had a fire pit and a private trail behind the campsite that leads to a view of the lake. It has been so quiet in this loop it’s hard to believe it’s opening week due to COVID.

The lake is nice and cold lots of kayaking and canoeing. You can launch at the boat ramp.

There is a swim beach, nice pet area and trails in the park to hike.

There are 3 loops for camping we like the one we’re in. Cliffwood loop Big sites near us ours 138, 137 big but soggy when it rains hard, 136 is nice it has a view of the lake. 139 is ok the back drops down a hill where you park for day use.

Sandstone ridge loop some nice big sites are 74, 75, 77.

Bluewater bay loop has no electric smaller sites we saw all tents in this loop.

Some sites are not level so come prepared.

We ate at Ishnala supper club it’s very pricy yet excellent food. The building is cool with some original parts from the old log cabin it once was. The service is great beautiful view of the lake from a window seat. Several bars and a little gift shop.

Good food in Baraboo at the little village cafe. The chocolate torte is so good. The owners are so nice.

We would stay here again.

Wonderful Wisconsin Park

Mirror Lake is just up the road from Devil's Lake, so if it's too busy there - make sure to go check out Mirror Lake!

Although we didn't actually camp here, we did hike a lot of the trails. We came across lots of fun nature (toads, snakes, bunnies!). The trails are well maintained and a nice woodland area.

Camping in the Dells

It was a nice site but probably the nosiest place i have ever camped. Great place for hiking. Kayaks for rent. Nice sized site. My neighbors left out garbage and so i was up all night with racoons trashing their site. Not the campgrounds fault just lazy campers. I would go back again and hope im next to more considerate neighbors.