the dyrt
KoA
Natural Bridge / Lexington KOA is located in Virginia
7 Reviews of Natural Bridge / Lexington KOA
Great place!

First, middle of summer, no big issue! Was a stopover trip on our way to Pigeon Forge. nice canmpground and pool. Very close to Natural Bridge.

A bit expensive for no more than it was

I selected this site. because it was near Natural Bridge and all that it has to offer. There were not a lot of options in the area so I bit the bullet and paid $30 for a site for the evening. While the facility was typical of a KOA I was not entirely impressed by the overall price to amenity ratio, especially after seeing other campgrounds in Virginia along this trip and their price being so vastly different.

Let me just give a full disclosure on this…. There are tent sites which cost less here, BUT there are only 5 of them in the entire campground so if you end up there on a weekend don't count on them being open at all. I even checked just for a reference of how booked they are and even checking some 2 weeks in advance on a random week day the same results appeared, NO BOOKINGS.

During summertime I can see how this place would attract a lot of people with the pool and various options, but in my opinion that does not offset the price point. And RV sites, which are more costly looked hard to get into with larger units.

My site was even and pretty basic despite having electricity. It was just across from the deluxe cabins and close to the restroom which I liked. Everything seemed well lit at night.

This campground being my hub only I did enjoy that it was very close to the town of Lexington itself as well as Natural Bridge, which is a pretty cool site with a lot of interesting history as well.

TIPS:

• If you want a primitive site book well in advance. These are apparently quite a difficult ticket to score at this camp.
  • Call ahead about RV lengths to make sure you are booking the correct site for your size. I noticed more than a few people struggling with their units and some of this could have been avoided with proper booking.
  • Check into local sites!! There is a zoo and dinosaur area as well as the Natural Bridge, hiking and a historic downtown.
Small but sweet

This was a nice place to stay, Natural Bridge is a small town and not to crazy. Beautiful area but not much to do, there is a small museum and the natural bridge. You have to pay to hike and it is kind of expensive. It was nice to stay there for a night but I wouldn’t stay longer than that.

Needs Improvement

Located in a beautiful part of central Virginia, this campground gives you lots of options for sightseeing. It is definitely worth a trip to the Natural Bridge. The nearby town of Lexington has many historic buildings, and the town seems very dog-friendly. The campground is kept very clean, and the staff is very helpful. However, the sites are small and not leveled well. Although my camper is only 15’ long, I ran out of shims trying to level my rig. I watched a fifth wheeler spend two hours trying to position his rig so that it could be leveled. The store is friendly, but doesn’t stock much variety. Given the beauty of the area, I would go back, but I would insist on seeing the site before trying to set up. There is a wonderful country store (Lynne’s) close buy with great produce and meats. Be sure to check out the famous Red Hen Restaurant in Lexington.

Nice cabins

Stayed here for Spring Break in 2015 and then agaIn In 2016. The entire campground was nice and well cared for. We stayed in one of the cabins. The location isn’t great, but it was a 45 minute drive to some great hiking locations to include McAfee Knob.

Saved our weekend!

We had originally booked to stay at another campground nearby and that one turned out pretty bad and we found this one after staying in a hotel for a night. We walked up and got 2 sites on the spot for a reasonable price. They had excellent camp sites. The grounds were well taken care of, clean facilities and friendly staff.

Quiet and Clean

Had an to stop early and they were very accommodating.