Water Unknown
About Zion Wright Family Ranch

Family owned for six generations. Come enjoy an off-the-grid experience, away from the Zion National Park crowds, off the beaten track, tranquil, with breath-taking views of Kolob, Smith Mesa, and Zion National Park. Wake up to cattle grazing, deer playing, or even cowboys working the ranch. Come stay, book a horse ride, and enjoy Southern Utah in a way that can't be beat. .

Private
Zion Wright Family Ranch is located in Utah
1 Review of Zion Wright Family Ranch
Private owned primitive campsites

This off the beaten path campground near Zion National Park is a great place for those looking for a more relaxed time.

I found this on Hipcamp app and I am so glad I did, not a soul was around the 2 days we were there.

Head out of Virgin Ut. Up Kolob reservoir rd to Smith Mesa rd. Following it out of Zion Nat. Park onto the private road it gets a bit rougher and I higher clearance vehicle is recommended. Reaching the turn off to the campsites and turning right onto a two track road that leads to the sites. Now I must caution that if there has been or will be moisture this road is nearly impassable if not completely impassable.

Once at the sites follow the road back to were the host has set a couple porta-potties, which are a nice luxury when you are primitive camping.

There are like 50 places you can choose from dispersed throughout the site, there are numerous roads that have fire rings, some very near the Mesa's edge with views of the valley below. The views are spectacular in every direction.

Again I booked through Hipcamp but hopefully The Dyrt can also be used in the future.

I really loved this spot, and want to return to it soon, and the proximity to so many National parks is so perfect to see so much. Cell service is sketchy, but if you really want it try to camp more towards the rim, I was able to get 4 bars of 4g on T-Mo.

The altitude is 5,500 ft so early or late season may be cold, and I can't say it enough, stay away if moisture is expected.

There also is no trash receptacles so please be respectful and pack out what you pack in..

Happy camping