Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 35 ft.
Brunet Island is located in Wisconsin
14 Reviews of Brunet Island
Awesome Camping Destination

What a great place to visit this time of year (Fall). Falling acorns, frogs and chipmunks chirping, turtles basking in sunlight and more. The owls at night were a treat (sometimes even scary) to listen to.

Clean facilities and nice trails. Next time we’ll bring some kayaks.

Probably my favorite camping spot

I absolutely loved this campground. The area was kept very clean. The spot that I reserved was beautiful. Loved that it was tucked in the back of the camping area and was able to put my canoe in the water at my spot. The site I had was huge. Probably about 3x larger than any site I’ve been to before. And driving through the area was beautiful and lush

Beautiful, large variety of outdoor activities

Beautiful with all sorts of outdoor activities. Great fishing, perfect kayak and Conoe location as well as motorized boats, swimming and also land recreation like serene hiking trails and an extensive bike trail.

Comfortable park in western WI

We camped here in the fall and the colors were lovely.  The camping was sort of open but sites are spaced nicely so we didn't feel like we were on top of each other.  The nature trail was very nice - the biking was also good.  We took advantage of being near Lake Wissota State Pk and explored that too.

good place to kayak

the island is a nice place to visit. we stayed in the north loop on a water front site . great for just putting the kayaks in and going . they are vary dog and family friendly. the camp sites are a little close for my liking but it was a busy labor day weekend and every site was filled . my only big complaint would have to be that they only have one shower house on the other loop(South loop) north loop just have vault toliets . all in all I would recommend this place .

Island Camping

Brunet Island State Park sits at the North West corner of the state of Wisconsin. The state park is actually an island that sits on the Chippewa and Fisher Rivers. It is connected to the mainland via small Bridge. This is very close to the city of Cornell, they have a grocery store for most of your necessities, enough to get to buy for a few days of camping there's also a mom and pop ice cream shop nearby. This park does offer two different Camp Loops the North and South. The North sits along a bay off of the Chippewa River ,many of the campsites overlook this area of water. This may sound nice but there are a lot of a echoes from your neighbors across the way. The campfires that light up the lake create pretty sight of ambiance if you can stay out there and beat the mosquitoes. The south camp is closer to the beach and also offers flush toilets and showers. The park also offers a boat landing, playground and baseball field. It should be noted that there are multiple fishing piers at this location, one at the South Campground and one at the north Campground, and there is a lot of good fishing in the area. There are some hiking trails nothing too challenging or long.This area is beautiful but the campgrounds themselves are not very kept. Other than camping on an island and having a double site as well as the wild life, I cannot say this is one of my favorites.

Water paradise minus mosquitoes

Getting onto this island takes you back to an earlier time in life, the whole island is dedicated to the state park. With so much water I was afraid I would be bathing my kids in big spray but we didn’t have to put any on! We met up with some friends from MN as a half way point and we had a blast. Kids were kept busy and entertained with the natural wonders. Canoe and kayak rentals were reasonable and they dropped it off at your campsite. All mature trees provide wonderful shade in the dead heat of summer. If you love water sports; kayaking, canoeing, fishing or bird watching this place is perfect!! Lake front access at each unit.

Beautiful!

The North Loop has beautiful waterfront sites! The bathrooms are amazingly clean and for some reason the whole place was mosquito free! The only done side was that the “beach” is not real swimmer friendly. No sand at all, lots of rocks. The boat launch was actually better to swim at.

Beautiful setting

You really feels the outside world woes melt away at this island park on the Chippewa River. Large sites, many right on the water to make launching your kayak easy. Lots of slow moving inlets to paddle into and get lost in nature and fishing if you like. Nice hikes to take and part of a great biking trail. The park has a beach and volleyball area. Great for large group get togethers.

Nice roomy sites with awesome views from all. Trails and places to hike/bik

Nice roomy sites. Trails to hike connects to the old Abe bike trail which you can ride all the way to Chippewa falls if so desired. Overall awesome campground.