Weston Lakes, TEXAS

Camping Texas Weston Lakes

Most Recent Weston Lakes Camping Reviews
Amazing time.

My wife, myself, and our 3 & 2 year olds stayed here for 5 days and had an amazing time. We had a back in site that backed up to a fishing pond. Our site was within walking distance to the pool which was amazing and our kids loved it. Pool has a smaller kids area with tons to do and play with and a bigger pool with rock slides, rope swing, swim up bar, lazy river, and plenty of area for people to just lay out. Not crowded during the week and when more people arrived on the weekend we never felt crowded. Town is a short drive away if you forget anything It was an amazing time and we will definitely be back soon.

Family-Friendly Park

This is a great family-friendly park, as it has many activities for nature education, an observatory, and endless trails. (Dont hike alone! Alligators arent shy and they think they own the trails!) The drive in to the main area is great. Drive slow so you can enjoy the views! Also, take your binoculars and scope the horizons!

Small But Plenty

I think this must be one of the smaller state parks of Texas, but there are plenty of trails to enjoy nature, learn about wildlife and plants, and have some good camping memories. Plenty of trees to perch a hammock, plenty of room to throw a frisbee, and some of the better bathrooms/showers I have seen among state parks.

Now a Family Owned RV Park!

Triple-B RV has undergone a change in ownership and management starting 8/1/18. We will to strive to provide our customers with reliable utilities, the best amenities possible, and an awesome RV park experience all-around.  We appreciate your business as we grow and provide great camping sites!

Great place

Secluded, wildlife, pet friendly. Owners and staff are wonderful.

Lockdown awareness

The gates close at 10pm you can not drive in or out and I wouldn't trust parking offsite near here. Full amenities for use with 2 week advance reservations. Quite a busy site during the day with pleasant public works professionals tending the park beyond expectations. Dogs, joggers and on site policing help keep things grounded and safe. Emergency services and authorities will gain access to park when necessary and random.

Brand new park

Full hookups with concrete roads and parking pads

AMAZING POOL!

Amazing pool! Fantastic place to camp with or without kids. Very clean, adding new kids water activities all the time. Would definitely go back!!

Brazos Bend State Park + Aligators!

Ok, I'll admit it. I visited this park for one reason only… to see alligators.

Brazos Bend State Park does have other attractions like miles of hiking trails, campsites, water fowl and migratory birds, but the real attraction for me was simply to see live alligators in their natural habitat. If you have the same motive, this park will not disappoint.

This park is located outside of Houston. During much of the year the temperature can be warm to hot and muggy. I think that the best time of the year to visit might be in the winter during November, December or January. At other times of the year you may need to fight off mosquitos as big as alligators.

There are a number of trails to hike, but I chose trails that would provide the greatest opportunity to see alligators. So we hiked along the 40 Acre Lake to Elm Lake Loop. We first saw a number of water fowl - ducks, cranes, egrets. Then right along the trail we saw a fairly large alligator. Now there are signs that warn to stay a safe distance away from the alligators and it is solid advice. But simply staying on the trail allowed me to pass about 30 feet in front of a resting alligator. I'm guessing that if the alligator wanted to get up and chase me it could have. I just calculated that I didn't need to be faster than the alligator, I just needed to be faster than my hiking buddies.

We all survived and it was a pleasant experience.

Beautiful RV Resort

Great for adults, not really anywhere for little kids to play besides the pool but this is a really cool RV resort in downtown Houston and I would definitely recommend it. It is directly off of the highway so don’t except quite 🙂