Anthony, TEXAS

Most Recent Anthony Camping Reviews
Great Military Friendly RV Park

Sites are fairly close. Wifi is good throughout the park, pet amenities need work but for being so close to the interstate it is exceptionally quiet. Manager is nice and accommodating. On site repair facility with accessories if needed.

Beautiful campground

Amazing place. Wicked hike right at the campsite. 6 stars

Beautiful Campground

Visited this park in both November & February multiple times. It’s a great place for primitive camping though official tent sites are available. No showers that I am aware of but vaulted toilets are located near tent pads. There are many trails to explore which extend all the way into New Mexico. However, at that point, you will be past park boundaries. One of my favorite areas in the Southwest.

Plan ahead online

Cant get in between the hours of 8am & 10am, unless you have a online reservation to even just stay for the day. Closes at 5pm sharp.

First come first serve

Spectacular views

Spent an August Saturday night at the campground. Drive-in, pit toilets (pretty clean) and ~50 sites. Low light pollution and amazing views of the Organ Mountains. Organ Needle, Rabbit Ears, Sugarloaf, and Baylor peaks are all visible from the campgrounds. Would have been perfect except for neighboring campers that were making noise until midnight.

Clean beautiful quiet nice campground 10+

Bring your own wood

Locked in with no water.

I arrived at Franklin Mountain SP about 4:30. I was told the park was about to close. I asked if camping was available and was told, " yes but I'll be leaving soon". No mention of locking the gate or no water.

I went in and found an almost empty CG. I think there was only one tent located a couple of hundred yards away. I went to the restroom and found no water. Checked another and found the same. I then went back to the entrance kiosk expecting to find water there, but it was empty and closed. I decided to stay since I had about 2 quarts with me.

Great sunset. I heard traffic noise from the highway most of the night, but overall it way a plesant stay. I woke up early to the sound of sirens, mst have been a crash on the highway. Made coffee and loaded up the bike to go into El Paso for breakfast. I then found the entrance gate closed and locked. It would have been a miserable night had I been without water.

Nice in the summer.

The desert was pretty hot and I was wishing I'd set up camp near Cloudcroft. After passing white sands I saw the sign and thought, "check it out". Glad I did. Nice windy road climbs up to a great campground with plenty of trees and views of the peaks above and desert below. There is no water in the CG, but its available at the entrance, so take a gallon or two in with you.
I stayed on a Saturday night and it was loud. Kids and dogs.

Completely in nature

Some trails only have a metal chain on the bottom making it feel very off the path