Jasper , TENNESSEE

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Jasper Camping Reviews
Beautiful!

It's a little hard to get to if you have a big giant rig, but I can't justify giving this place any less than 5 stars. Tons of hiking trails with beautiful scenery, nice big parking sites, and full hookups. They have a little store for essentials and a lodge/restaurant that was awesome! I had no service at all with T-Mobile, but my verizon hotspot worked well in most places. The free wifi is only available at the check in site/store, the lodge, and the comfort stations, so it doesn't reach to all sites.

A word of caution though - if you value your life and property, stay off county road 604/606. Check your directions ahead of time and find another way. I only drove it with my tow car and still felt like my life was on the line - and it's a Chevy spark 😂 Had a bit of a rough time getting the RV backed in, but that was my fault for 1) being a newbie and 2) just having to see this park even though all pull-throughs were booked. Nice neighbor helped me out.

First camping trip in our new pop up!

Great pull through spots and great playground for kiddos….. very clean!

Amazing

Absolutely incredible park. Very busy but easy to spread out. We stayed at campsite e217 and it was a pull through and quite spacious. Bath house was clean. The 2 regular stalls had very low toilets with no separate seat. The park office and store was well equipped and was open to 10pm every night!

There was a fun little "village" on the grounds as well with a general store and outfitter. There was a restaurant but was closed due to coronavirus. I wish we found the store first because trekking poles would have been great on the trails.

THE TRAILS. Words cannot do them justice the hike down to the base of the falls was slow going down. There is a railing but this is where trekking poles would have been a benefit. But oh was it worth it.

I realized after leaving I took no photos of the campsite, but yes, great spot

Good for families and groups

The Pocket recreation area in northwest Georgia is named for lying in a low area surrounded by the steep ridges of Horn and Mill Mountains, and is the former site of Civilian Conservation Corp Camp F-16. Families camping here can enjoy the vibrant spring colors of mountain laurel as well as the brilliant fall color mix provided by mixed hardwoods. tent pads, tables, and lantern poles. Adjacent day use recreation area.

Nice place to spend the night

Nice place to spend the night. If you come up from the south, the first spot contains about 5-6 campsites. If you proceed up the road, you will find other designated spots off both sides of the road. All the sites appear to be relatively close to the road, but it did not feel like the traffic(very little) was intrusive. I only stayed on night and I was passing through so I can't vouch for things to do in the area.

Our favorite local spot for a quick get away.

Lots of trails, one in the campground. Wading area for kids. Bathrooms always clean and host always very nice. We try to go during the week, less people. Not super secluded sites, but OK. Pet friendly as long as they are on a leash. Some amazing trails just a short drive away. Highly recommend.

Very pretty park

Very pretty park for a weekend getaway. Good pads, but short, very few can accommodate 30’. Several good hiking trails.

Great TN State Park

Really nice sites and facilities and super helpful staff. Great hiking trails and the falls are beautiful. A great park for a relaxing get away.

An exercise in packing

The Walls of Jehrico trail offers a handful of first-come/first-serve primitive campsites set adjacent to two separate water sources (streams).  Any equipment must be carried in and out which makes for a perfect backpacking experience.

Your campsite offers little privacy due to trail proximity but that should not distract from a wonderful experience.

There are minimal places to stock up on necessities along the road so be sure and come equipped.  There is also no cell service so make sure you plan accordingly and have an emergency system in place.

BUSY!

Harrison Bay SP near Harrison, Tn is obviously a popular park. I arrived on Sunday and the crowds were leaving. And yet the park was still crowded. Nice lake , good fishing. There are several sites on the water and plenty up in the woods too. These are nice sites. Paved and for the most part level. Depending on where your site is there is a lot of room to set up. Well maintained park. A lot of activities to keep you occupied.