The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Glendale , TENNESSEE

Camping Tennessee Glendale Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Glendale Camping Reviews
Great Experience

Its a steep climb into the campground (CG) area but doable. At the main park entrance keep going straight and veer to the right up the hill to cabins/CGs to get to Lover's Leap and Cove View CG areas. The office was closed so we grabbed a park map and headed to back-in site 10 with 50 AMP and water. Our tags were already on our site post so we did not have to check in. The water pressure was 60+ so I used my pressure reducer. I also had to use Teflon tape to get a good seal on my pressure reducer. I noticed that other campers had similar problems evident by the water spray coming off the spigot. Site 10 is a great site with plenty of distance between adjacent sites and a huge yard area, probably the best site in the two loops (Lover's Leap& Cove View). Site 9 would also be one of the better sites. The adjacent Cove View CG is older and the sites are closer together. The yurts are also there. Cove View does have a few sites that will take larger rigs. I would definitely suggest staying in the Lover's Leap loop regardless of what size of rig you have because the sites are more spacious. We got a few OTA channels, but only one major channel. AT&T and Verizon were 2 bars. The bath house was newer, clean, and there’s a laundry with 2 washers & dryers at a $1.00 a piece. Most of the Lover's Leap sites have a clear shot to the southern sky for satellite. The trails out of and around the campground are worth the hikes. The most aggressive was to Lover's Leap Overlook and then down to the Natural Tunnel via Lover's Leap Trail. I wouldn't recommend Lover's Leap Trail if you are very afraid of heights. It goes along the rim and while it does have a fence to protect you from falling, it can still be quite scary. You can drive down to the Natural Tunnel where there’s a parking lot and chair lift down/up (seasonal) to the Tunnel. The Purchase Ridge Trail also goes out of the CG and is a moderate hike through the valley forest but without the stunning views of the Lover's Leap Trail and Natural Tunnel areas. There are other hiking trails and historical sites in the area. Duffield is about 15 minutes away and has gas stations with diesel, a medium sized grocery store, Dollar General, and a few restaurants. This was a quiet campground and we enjoyed our stay.

Very clean RV park nested in 3 creeks

Triple Creek Campground lives up to it’s name being surrounded by 3 Creeks. We stayed here over Labor Day weekend in 2020 and although it was completely full, it didn’t feel crowded.

There was a big field where kids could play, with a play set and many other things to keep them busy. There was also a stage that wasn’t used because of Covid but I’m guessing is usually used throughout the summer. Kids are welcome get wet and stroll down one of the creeks in tubes and there’s plenty of shade.

This Campground has more of an RV parking lot feel than others, but there’s plenty to do at the campground to keep you preoccupied. The staff was always present and even brought rocks to paint with all of the supplies right to the campsite!

We used this campground as a base camp to access the national park, Gatlinburg and other beautiful close by destinations. If you’re looking for a place to park your camper right on a creek, it’s a really nice place to stay. If you’re looking for a secluded campsite, you probably should keep looking.

Great spot!

Great spot! Just Beautiful. Went in off season. But definitely want to come back!

Clean, safe, fun!

Super nice owners, we had a tent camp party of 10 and really enjoyed the time there. Ice and firewood are available onsite, as well as some general store goods like sunscreen, t-shirts, etc. The bathroom/shower facilities were excellent. The sites are clean and clear.

Super close to the gorge as well, easy drive access. Also highly recommend the only diner there "down the street" (a stone building, iirc)  at the crossroads - excellent burger and fries for takeout if you're in the mood.

One note - this is indeed a "family" campground, so taking our college-aged group there with a 10pm curfew was a bit rocky but it worked out fine.

We have visited twice. Great park, my favorite in the state. Love hiking on the bald peaks.  We stayed in March 2019 and was caught in a surprise snow storm.   We had the most fun on this trip.  The State had the roads plowed by noon so we were never stranded.   Great facilities, clean and warm.

Returned to our Roots

My husband and I started our camping life with Bear Den in 2004 and we decided to come back in our own camper this time. The roads in are very narrow and winding. There were some pretty hairy parts coming in. Thankfully we made it without too many issues. Our site had some great views but mostly because the other sites were empty. The sites are very close together but if the foliage was filled in it would likely not seem as close.

The weather was extremely cold and we ended up losing our heat so had to cut the trip short but we had a nice time otherwise. We will definitely be back if we have more time. The hassle of getting in and out of the campground and each space isn’t something we want to do for a weekend trip.

Great for the hiking

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent 2 nights. Sites were very close together and it was very crowded, but friendly and courteous folks. Hiking very good from the site. Great place for dog walks. Tunnel very cool.

Great Amenities!

Warrior's Path is a great State Park. The grounds are mostly maintained and well kept. There's plenty to do within the park itself. If I had to list any negatives it would be that there's no wifi or cable and no sewer hookup. However cellular signal is available for all carriers.

It Worked For Us in a Pinch

My parents were visiting from LA and we decided to visit my niece at App State. We needed 2 spots close together and Flintlock was able to accommodate. They had 2 drive thru sites for us. My husband is pretty new to pulling our camper so we thought drive thru would be better but even those were tight to turn in and get out. The sites were so close we couldn't even put out our awnings!

The staff was friendly but when we arrived the office attendant was more worried about chit chatting with someone else we were not given proper directions into the site so ended up backing in anyway.

The wifi was useless even to just look up attraction info in the area, took 2 minutes to look up a phone number to order in dinner.

The drive into/out of the campground is on a main drive and on a hill which makes it difficult leaving.

For experienced campers this may be okay but I wouldn't recommend for novice campers. Also if you plan to sit outside don't expect any privacy.

We likely won't be back to this location.

Best Primitive Camping

Some of the most inspiring and challenging hikes are to be had here! The entire gorge is hikeable and you can even spend days walking through it on a backpacking trip. This campground is where I spend all of my serious summer camping and hiking. There's campsites for car camping or park in a designated parking lot and hike on in to the wilderness! Be prepared to see the most stars you've ever seen in your life!