The best DRIVE IN camping near
Fairmount , TENNESSEE

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Fairmount Camping Reviews
Out in woods very primitive! John’s Mountian.

Getting there: GPS helped us get to Rock Creek Road but we had to search for a minute to find the Forest Service Road 955.

Once you get on the service road it’s about a mile and a half until you need to stay to the right. If you pass the 955B gate you’ve gone too far. The turn and the gate almost right next to each other. The only amenities are pre made fire rings. It’s definitely a good place to camp with privacy. The camp sites are a good distance away from each other too! We drove the service road and it had some decent views!

Really beautiful

This place has a lot to offer: hiking, waterfalls, put put, playgrounds, lake views and paddle boats, standard hook up sites, etc. Its high in the mountains and its got great views. Two small issues took a star off, the campsites are pretty close together and they aren't maintaining some areas. Took a pretty nasty fall on the put put golf course because it was muddy and slick. I will definitely be back though and really enjoyed our stay. Missed the snow by a day though!

Decent little place to stop

Came through traveling from FL to OH for just one night. Easy checkin, helpful staff. Site fit our 44ft 5th wheel just fine. Pretty clean, easy to get to, easy to navigate, and close to gas, stores etc. Only thing I'd suggest is requesting a site not under water. Many had standing water. Ours was ok though.

Beautiful!

It's a little hard to get to if you have a big giant rig, but I can't justify giving this place any less than 5 stars. Tons of hiking trails with beautiful scenery, nice big parking sites, and full hookups. They have a little store for essentials and a lodge/restaurant that was awesome! I had no service at all with T-Mobile, but my verizon hotspot worked well in most places. The free wifi is only available at the check in site/store, the lodge, and the comfort stations, so it doesn't reach to all sites.

A word of caution though - if you value your life and property, stay off county road 604/606. Check your directions ahead of time and find another way. I only drove it with my tow car and still felt like my life was on the line - and it's a Chevy spark 😂 Had a bit of a rough time getting the RV backed in, but that was my fault for 1) being a newbie and 2) just having to see this park even though all pull-throughs were booked. Nice neighbor helped me out.

Amazing

Absolutely incredible park. Very busy but easy to spread out. We stayed at campsite e217 and it was a pull through and quite spacious. Bath house was clean. The 2 regular stalls had very low toilets with no separate seat. The park office and store was well equipped and was open to 10pm every night!

There was a fun little "village" on the grounds as well with a general store and outfitter. There was a restaurant but was closed due to coronavirus. I wish we found the store first because trekking poles would have been great on the trails.

THE TRAILS. Words cannot do them justice the hike down to the base of the falls was slow going down. There is a railing but this is where trekking poles would have been a benefit. But oh was it worth it.

I realized after leaving I took no photos of the campsite, but yes, great spot

Beautiful clean state park

We really enjoyed Rock Island State Park. The campgrounds are easily accessible and roomy. We were there only couple days but would love to go back and visit some of the cute shops and ice cream trailer at the entrance later. It is probably lots of fun in the summer with the huge beach. We plan to visit again soon. FYI there are some sites with sewer. I didn’t realize this when I reserved. They have great dump station but prefer to have that taken care of before we pull out.

Beautiful camp

Conasauga Lake campground is heaven on earth for this country boy. On top of Grassy mountain in North Georgia it is a great small camper / tent camp. Lots of large hemlocks and rotadendren on the trail aroundthe lake. The gravel road up the mountain is not for the faint of heart but worth the effort.

Good for families and groups

The Pocket recreation area in northwest Georgia is named for lying in a low area surrounded by the steep ridges of Horn and Mill Mountains, and is the former site of Civilian Conservation Corp Camp F-16. Families camping here can enjoy the vibrant spring colors of mountain laurel as well as the brilliant fall color mix provided by mixed hardwoods. tent pads, tables, and lantern poles. Adjacent day use recreation area.

Nice place to spend the night

Nice place to spend the night. If you come up from the south, the first spot contains about 5-6 campsites. If you proceed up the road, you will find other designated spots off both sides of the road. All the sites appear to be relatively close to the road, but it did not feel like the traffic(very little) was intrusive. I only stayed on night and I was passing through so I can't vouch for things to do in the area.

Our favorite local spot for a quick get away.

Lots of trails, one in the campground. Wading area for kids. Bathrooms always clean and host always very nice. We try to go during the week, less people. Not super secluded sites, but OK. Pet friendly as long as they are on a leash. Some amazing trails just a short drive away. Highly recommend.