Apison , TENNESSEE

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Apison Camping Reviews
Beautiful!

It's a little hard to get to if you have a big giant rig, but I can't justify giving this place any less than 5 stars. Tons of hiking trails with beautiful scenery, nice big parking sites, and full hookups. They have a little store for essentials and a lodge/restaurant that was awesome! I had no service at all with T-Mobile, but my verizon hotspot worked well in most places. The free wifi is only available at the check in site/store, the lodge, and the comfort stations, so it doesn't reach to all sites.

A word of caution though - if you value your life and property, stay off county road 604/606. Check your directions ahead of time and find another way. I only drove it with my tow car and still felt like my life was on the line - and it's a Chevy spark 😂 Had a bit of a rough time getting the RV backed in, but that was my fault for 1) being a newbie and 2) just having to see this park even though all pull-throughs were booked. Nice neighbor helped me out.

First camping trip in our new pop up!

Great pull through spots and great playground for kiddos….. very clean!

Amazing

Absolutely incredible park. Very busy but easy to spread out. We stayed at campsite e217 and it was a pull through and quite spacious. Bath house was clean. The 2 regular stalls had very low toilets with no separate seat. The park office and store was well equipped and was open to 10pm every night!

There was a fun little "village" on the grounds as well with a general store and outfitter. There was a restaurant but was closed due to coronavirus. I wish we found the store first because trekking poles would have been great on the trails.

THE TRAILS. Words cannot do them justice the hike down to the base of the falls was slow going down. There is a railing but this is where trekking poles would have been a benefit. But oh was it worth it.

I realized after leaving I took no photos of the campsite, but yes, great spot

Cable Gap Shelter

First shelter south of Fontana Hilton on the AT. Nice little shelter, originally built by the CCC. Rebuilt in 1988. Water source close at hand. Not many leval tent sights. Has a latrine ! No reservations…first come, first served.

Great TN State Park

Really nice sites and facilities and super helpful staff. Great hiking trails and the falls are beautiful. A great park for a relaxing get away.

BUSY!

Harrison Bay SP near Harrison, Tn is obviously a popular park. I arrived on Sunday and the crowds were leaving. And yet the park was still crowded. Nice lake , good fishing. There are several sites on the water and plenty up in the woods too. These are nice sites. Paved and for the most part level. Depending on where your site is there is a lot of room to set up. Well maintained park. A lot of activities to keep you occupied.

Clean Family Friendly Campground

We had a great time at Fall Creek Falls when we visited in October 2020. The park is very well maintained and the campsites are nicely spaced. We were supposed to stay in campsite A26, but had a really hard time locating it when we arrived after dark. We ended up staying in A25, which was a little difficult to get our 30' travel trailer into due to trees surrounding the site and the access road. We ultimately learned from a park ranger that A26 had its own service road, which we would never have found without the direction from the ranger. The time of year was beautiful to visit and the hike down to the base of the falls was short enough to do prior to our check-out time and long enough to help get our kids' energy out before the next leg of our trip. It was a truly beautiful waterfall. We would definitely go back.

Nice Primitive Campground

Trying to get into campground during afternoon hours maybe challenging to bigger RV units. Foster Falls parking does get full, can overflow towards campground even though it says registered campers. We had a pop up so we were able to pull thru at out site #9. Many sites are bigger pad sites for tents & can still have room left for relaxation. Bathroom was aged, did have shower.

Perfect RV stop

We stopped here for a night and made reservations on the fly. We called at 6:30pm and were told there would be a list of available spots and a drop box for fees. We got in the spot pretty easily and woke up to the most gorgeous view over the water! Cant wait to stop for a couple days on our way back home and explore. Friendly people, very clean bathrooms and showers, great hookups, and quiet!

Very quiet friendly campground

We recently spent two enjoyable days at the De Soto State Park improved campground. Site 22 was nice and large and butted up against the trees. Lots of downed trees made for a great fire. . The campground was very full, mostly with fifth wheels and motorhomes. Not too many tents or pop-ups. The facilities were very clean and spacious but not very accessible. We had to walk nearly a quarter of a mile just to reach them on the camp roads. You could use a trail cutting through other campsites to get there quicker via a trail in the woods but be careful as my wife slipped and fell on the slick rocks and leaves. It was one of the quietest campgrounds we’ve ever been in. Accessing the campground from the north can be a little bit harrowing as the roads are steep with hairpin curves and somewhat narrow. The route from the south is much easier particularly if you have a large motorhome or a long fifth wheel. We would definitely stay there again.