the dyrt
About Table Rock
Drive In, Walk In
Table Rock is located in South Carolina
14 Reviews of Table Rock
Worth it just for the view

I live roughly 10 minutes from Table Rock and go there all the time especially during the summer. The Table Rock trail is a must if you are nearby! It is pretty strenuous especially if you have health issues but is well worth the trek to the top. Just make sure that if you hike during the winter to give yourself plenty of time to finish the trail and to wear good trail shoes since ice can be expected. The campsites are always very well kept; as is the park in general but gets pretty crowded.

Great for families

Variety of campsites available to suit any camping style. Great for families, as there are drive up camp sites with fire pits and plenty of space, and spread out so it still feels like you have privacy. Lots of great hikes.

Wonderful camping and hiking

Late last year was my first time here. Cabins and campsites are nice and the hike to the top of the mountain is beautiful and technical. As someone who likes more primitive areas and obscure trails- table rock is a little to congested for me. You must plan your adventure carefully to avoid crowds.

A lot of trails and things to do

The camp ground itself is fine. Nice facilities and the site are fairly well maintained. The real bonus is there is a small lake with rentals and swimming. And a lot of hiking. Hiking to the top of table Rock is not for the faint of heart but worth the hard work. Just bring lots of water. I'd definitely recommend this park.

love it

table rock trail has the best views. there are campgrounds for rvs and tents and primitive.

Gorgeous! Lots of hiking

Table Rock park is probably one of my all time favorite places to visit. The backdrop is absolutely gorgeous because mountains surround the entire place. The park is pretty large as well- which is great because it gives ample room for guests. The park offers cabins, which are great. My family of 4 fit into one cabin comfortably. The cabins are equipped with a kitchen, but definitely bring pots/pans to cook with because they do not supply those. Also bring water, sleeping bags, pillows, and warm clothes if you are going in the fall/winter time. My family and I went for Labor Day weekend, and it was a bit chilly at night. One thing we really enjoyed doing here was hiking. My family and I love to hike, and this spot had some awesome hikes. The ranger we talked too said there is about 80 miles of hiking that can be done within the park. The hikes we did ranged from easy to difficult. There were gorgeous views- waterfalls, streams, and of course mountains! Two of the best mountains that are in view are Pinnacle and Table Rock Mountain. I would suggest talking with one of the park rangers if you are interested in doing any hikes. They can direct you to the right hike for your ability. The campground itself is great. There are 2 different lakes (can't remember the names of them), that are great for fishing and swimming. There is also a swimming hole, although it seemed pretty busy so we didn't actually swim in it. I believe there is a cost to come into the park for just the day- $5 for adults and $3 for children. I don't really recall what the cost of the cabins are- my parents are the ones that paid for it :). I would definitely recommend coming here, especially if you like hiking and the "cabin life."

Great Location! Ready to hike!

Our sites were clean and perfect for tents! The bathrooms seemed overwhelmed with use😩 but the rangers did a good job of keeping up with them!

Sites are kinda close but we felt very comfy with our two sites. Might have been able to get 2 tents on one site but 2 cars might have been tight.

Camp store had wood and supplies and welcome center has great wifi!!!

Mountain camping

Nice campground with great hiking trails nearby. There is a playground and a swimming area within driving distance. They sponsor great events such as the Easter egg hunt while we were there. Park rangers were very helpful with trail information.

Nice mountain campground

We tent camped in a spot too steep for campers and had a blast! Like many CCC parks the roads are narrow and large campers seemed to have issues. Roads ans bathroom paths are eroded. The swimming area at the lake is small but nice for a nonswimming child. Trails are amazing, Table Rock trail is strenuous but doable and absolutely worth it. Took one star off for the bathrooms - not dirty exactly but not that clean, and there was a weird communal bar of soap and no hand dryers.

A Great Spot to Visit Anytime!

I've been visiting this park for years. I used to live a few miles away and would hit the trails often, but I also have family in the area, so I visit often when I'm there near them.

In the winter, you can enjoy the trails and the winter beauty and expanded views with no leaves on the trees.

In the summer, though, the fun really begins. Me and the kids will usually head out for a hike to get all sweaty. Then we jump in the creek and waterfalls on the way back down. To cap it off, we jump in the lake for a final swim and lots of jumping off the diving platform into the deeper water.

You can't go wrong with a visit to this park.

As to camping, you can go with tents, car, or RV's. They have quite a few cabins available as well.