Hardeeville, SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Hardeeville Camping Reviews
Great Park with easy access to Savannah

Campsites: Large sites that were graveled and level. We did not have sewer but there were premium sites that did. The ease of access to trails and the beauty of this park make it a favorite with most people. However, we are always disappointed when we come here that there is all this water around us and no way to access it easily from the campground. (That 1/4 mile from Park entrance to boat ramp is about 2 miles from the campground). Don’t worry- our disappointment does not impact the rating on this 5 star park. There are also 3 cabins and a pioneer group camp site.

Random points but all good !

1. Scary biking outside park (no shoulder) but with a mountain or hybrid bike you can ride on grassy shoulder pretty comfortably to some interesting areas—> boat launch at first bridge, fishing pier at second bridge, museum 1/2 mile past second bridge…..
  2. You have to sign up for trolley pickup and bus pick up by 6 pm the day before at park office to get transportation to downtown Savannah on Fridays and Saturdays
  3. No easy kayak access unless you have a way to drive 1.5 miles to public boat launch (even though campground is surrounded by water). We don’t bring a tow vehicle- and locking up the kayaks at the public boat ramp was NOT a safe choice. (We stop at boat ramp to kayak before we check in to the park and as we depart.)
  4. Easy golf cart/bike path to Publix and cute bar
  5. Nice campground store
  6. Nice book exchange
  7. Sprint WiFi was decent
  8. 7 miles of Super nice hiking trails
  9. RV parking available at visitor center downtown Savannah - daily fee 8-6:30 pm $20 no longer allows overnight . Our 34 foot RV was pushing the size limit and had the lot been full we would not have been able to pull out . (Used to have overnight rv parking but inconsiderate people ruined that)
  10. We heard boondocking spaces at convention center were available overnight for a small fee and you can take ferry across river to historic savannah. (Couldn’t find a lot of credible sources to confirm this but we are going to attempt it on next trip.
  11. Not gonna bore you with more pictures of Savannah- worth a day trip!
Amazing camping experience

My daughter and I stayed in the glamping tent at Stonewood Farm just before Thanksgiving.

What a great place to unwind before the craziness of the holidays. Stonewood Farm is tucked away and offers the perfect blend of nature and farm life.

All the animals on this off-the-grid Hobby Farm are rescues and really friendly.  My 12 year old daughter was in Heaven! She had fun with the horses, goats, dogs and especially the one cat who visited our tent and crashed our Monopoly game.

The tent itself is spacious and has a tv/dvd, a heater and the most comfy bed ever.  We happened to be there during a new moon and could see a million stars and the Milky Way right over our tent. We could hear owls in the distance calling to each other.

Kimberly and Ed were amazing hosts. The campsite is away form their cabin allowing for privacy, but if we ever needed anything, they were right there to help.

My only concern is this was my daughter’s first time camping in a tent and the bar is now raised high. Haha. This is such a unique experience, we will definitely be back!

Excellent!

This was an exceptional park! So well-maintained throughout. The trees are beautiful and the sites are spacious. Hot showers. Close to Savannah and Tybee Island. Verizon worked well. Good hiking trails. We will return!
Suggestions: Have quarters available in office for washer/dryer. One more dump station might be good. Found standing water around dump station.

Lovely campground

This is a beautiful campground, well maintained with a great pool and amenities. Conveniently located to downtown Savannah and other amenities. There are only two tent sites, and they are in docks. Tethering your tent is tricky since you can’t hammer it in, bit it wasn’t windy when I stayed so it was fine. Clean restrooms within walking distance from tents, showers are good but need to drive there. Quiet other than the occasional plane from nearby military facility.

Beautiful Park in Great Location

This state park is close to a lot of things to do.  Very close to Wormslow Historic Site and Savannah.  The campground is really nice with large trees and lots of hanging moss.  We were in site 61 that was very deep and secluded with our picnic table set back from the road.  We had to park our camper crooked because of a tree and roots.  The bath house was nice and clean.  However the heat was broken on the hand blower in the women's side.

There are sites with full hook ups.  There are also nice trails with one that leads to an observation deck.  Also have bike rentals.

Great!

This was a good find! Our campsite looked out onto a very pretty lake Mcintosh. The owners of this park are generous and gracious! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving potluck dinner in which they provided the meat and potatoes and stuffing. The social hall and deck are very welcoming. Bathrooms are spotless and showers hot! Customer service is evident here, everywhere! If you need privacy between sites, this park is not for you. It is a pretty typical layout for a private park. Extremely well-maintained and friendly.

Very nice place !!

This place has it all. Great staff and lots of things to do. We stayed here Thanksgiving weekend 2019. They provided thanksgiving dinner we just had to bring a side dish. This park is still new and adding more amenities daily. Spacious sites and the they keep the park clean. We will be back!

Ranger Review: Stream2Sea Conscious Camper Kit at Skidaway Island State Par

Campground Review: Skidaway Island State Park is a great campground. There is not a bad site on the grounds. It appeared that all sites are pull-through sites, and there is plenty of space, with greenery, between each site. The comfort station is well-kept, although there was a sewer smell. That is most-likely unavoidable due to the soil type. It was not as unbearable as it may be in the summertime. Gratefully, the bathhouse is heated. We camped during record low temperatures for the area and time of year.(https://gastateparks.org/SkidawayIsland) The hiking trails are well-kept, and easy. One trail is very short for those who want to do some nature-watching, but struggle on long hikes. This trail takes you to a boardwalk, and observation tower in the tidal marsh. We were fortunate to get there as the tide was rolling in. This area is rich and diverse in flora and fauna. Wormsloe State Historical site is just around the corner. The staff and volunteers do a fabulous job at submersing visitors in the history of the area.(https://gastateparks.org/Wormsloe) You can’t visit here without exploring eclectic Savannah. If you want fresh seafood for your camp meal, I highly recommend Dubberly’s Seafood.(https://www.facebook.com/DubberlySeafood/) Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, the Stream2Sea Conscious Camper Kit surprised me with the effectiveness and quality. I work on a floating classroom for Chattahoochee RiverKeeper. I do“Protect What I Love”. I chose this company based on the name, alone, then was impressed to see that they are co-protectors and educators of our precious water resources. I found the sunscreen to be a little heavy on my sensitive skin, but it did not break me out, and it did protect. The Relief Gel works amazingly well, with only a dab. I have itching spells, and this gave me relief. I, also, used it on a bug bite, and it relieved it. The Shampoo& Bodywash smells terrific! I am allergic to fragrance, and this is natural fragrance. It has a tangerine smell. The only problem is that the aroma fades after it is rinsed out, which happens with natural aromas. It leaves my hair feeling fabulous and is not as fly-away as other products leave my hair. I don’t even need the Leave-In Conditioner that is equally as good.(https://stream2sea.com/product/conscious-camper-kit/)

Solitude in SC

First beach camp. First South Carolina camp. Site 13 was literally 24 steps from tent to the breaking waves of the Atlantic which are a great soundtrack along with the gusting breezes for reading and cooking s’mores. Thursday night the park was very quiet with Friday and Saturday filling up with friendly families with kids, a surfer, and RVers..a great mix.

Staff was helpful, efficient, and accommodating.

Simple, relaxing, memorably situated park.

So much fun

We tent camped. There are two tent sites on separate docks over looking the lake. There are small gators in the pond and catch and release fishing. There is a pool and a hot tub at the club house as well as lots of games. It rained a bit while we were there and still had such a great time. Even the teen kids loved it. Will definitely go again.

Serene setting but close sites

We stayed at the Oaks at Point South for 2 weeks.  The sites were a bit close, also, when it rained the byproduct was mud.  However, the sites all had live oaks with spanish moss, there was a large pond(s) with great walking trails and lots of beautiful birds.

The staff was very accomodating.  They accepted packages shipped to you.  Most of the sites were pull thru.  Propane (at a really good price) was available at the KOA just 1 mile away.  T-Mobile cell coverage was great.

Nothing (groceries, etc.) was nearby.  The closest non-convenience store grocery was 12 miles away and the nearest Walmart was 23 miles away.

When running out slides you may need to juggle your rig a bit to clear the trees, as I said earlier, sites are close with big trees.

We would stay here again.

Camp South RV great fund

Great new family owned campground about an hour east of Savannah right off 16. Pine tree forest, fishing pond, bath house, full hook ups, goats, horses, tranquility.

I enjoyed every min

Great place to relax, very clean and a lot to do in around the site.

Gorgeous State Park!

We went here for the first extended trip in our new RV and loved it! Gorgeous park with all of the oak trees and Spanish Moss. The camp sites were spacious and level. Some of the cleanest and nicest bath houses I’ve ever seen. The bike trails and hiking trails are unreal and everything is so nice. Very close to Savannah and Tybee Island. We will definitely be back!

OFF THE BEATEN PATH

This RV Park is both permanent and nightly with trailer homes as well as RV. It is about 15 miles from I-95 but worth it in the savings if you have Passport America! We booked by phone 48 hours before arrival but because it was Sunday when we arrived, we were just given our site number and did not meet management.

Great Campground- Wide Open Spaces

Most sites are concrete with full hookups. Its a new campground so they are still getting a the amenities operational. Close to the interstate and Savannah. Be careful of GPS directions as they try to put you down a dirt/narrow road before the "real" entrance. I would definitely stay again. Thank goodness I didn't see any long term sites so it was nice for a change.

Great Resort

It's a great clean Resort that has everything plus some but is tight in some spaces….

Great Campground

One of the Best Campgrounds that's Spacious and has full hookups for a lot of sites… If your into History especially Civil War this is the place…

Convenient to Interstate 95

Large KOA with plenty of pull through sites and several back ins. Its right off 95 which made it convenient on our trip. They have a pool and hot tub, neither of which was very clean, the hot tub looked muddy. The womens room was large and clean, but my husband said the mens toilets were dirty (I won't include details here).

There is a nice fenced area in the shade for dogs.

They have many cabins, some of which are on the side of the pond. The pond has a family of swans, and its nice to sit on the bench in the evening and watch them.

They were having an issue with the cable so we woke up to 2 men walking around our campsite. They actually knocked on our door to ask to hook up the cable to our RV. The way the cables run, they have them on top of the ground from site to site. Crazy.

Wildness at heart

Hunting Island State Park is my favorite of the coastal state parks.  The wildness at the heart of this gem is undeniable.  Hurricanes have not been kind to it over the past few years but it has stood the test of time and shows us all how to adapt and roll with the storms that come through life.  If you want to visit a state park that allows you to get in touch with your wild side you must check this place out.

Peaceful

Having visited all of the State Parks on the coast Edisto Beach State Park ranks right up there at the top.  We have had the opportunity to stay at the ocean front portion and the Live Oak portion (twice).  Frankly, the Live Oak is probably our favorite.  While the ocean front was nice and we happen to be just across the dune from the ocean it feels more crowded.  The Live Oak offers more privacy and we love the woods and shade.  We pack our stuff in the car for the day and make our way to the beach for the day then head back to our private campsite at Live Oak for a nice quiet relaxing evening.  Either way you can't go wrong with Edisto Beach State Park.

Words cannot describe!!!

Worst campground I have ever stayed at in 30 plus years.. Small/narrow sites with half a picnic table.. was supposed to have 50 amp only thirty. No internet though advertised.. Tree branches and debris everywhere.. And expensive..

Southern History

The park for camping is not well maintained.  We stayed on site 6 which is a new site, full hook up, nice marsh view. Grass was tall in many of the campsites and it was very buggy when we were there.  We did the tour of the fort and that was the highlight of our trip.  Highly recommend the tour. We also visited the Coastal Georgia Botanical Gardens and enjoyed that very much.  Love’s Seafood Restaurant for dinner is close by.

Spacious sites and friendly staff

Our site was very close to the marsh and short trip to the town and beach. The town of Edisto beach is very quaint with many restaurants and shops. We were there in March so it wasn't too crowded or too hot. Very pleasant place to spend time. Thanks to the friendly staff.

Love it.

Amazing place to camp. We loved it. Being military it was great to have a place close by. It’s inexpensive too.

Pristine barrier island with organized campsites

Organized campsites on pristine barrier island near Beaufort SC. Accessible via bridge. Tent camping and RV sites. Several rustic trails . Literally can camp next to the beach. There is a historic lighthouse and grounds  there a available for tours. Across the channel from Fripp Island.

Nice place near the beach

I am a tent camper, and they have separate tent camping sites. I enjoyed the amenities, especially the pool and the River Room, where I could enjoy AC and work on my computer until 10pm (I was here during the hot/humid season). Also close enough to the beach you can walk, or there is a pay parking lot.

Great campground

Nice level site. Good hiking, biking and playground. Convenient to Savannah.

Secluded

I’ve camped here a good bit as it’s one of the only local places that isn’t lot camping. The “bone yard” as it’s called by locals is an area of fallen, uprooted trees on the eastern side of the island that is absolutely gorgeous (and fun to climb through). Bonus is that there’s never a shortage of firewood! Also the sunrise is absolutely spectacular at this site. I think it’s also important to check the wind speed/direction before camping here. I came out on a turbid night once and flipped my kayak! Which as a kayak instructor I’ve never done before - unintentionally. My sleeping bag was soaked! But overall it’s one of my favorite coastal sites. Secluded - but paddling distance (~1 mile) to AJ’s Dockside Restaurant.

Peaceful

Large camp sites and clean nice trails and playground for kids