Enoree, SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Enoree Camping Reviews
Just A Good Campground

This campground won’t blow you away or anything but it’s a good campground that you’ll enjoy. Nice wooded coverage, walking and hiking trails, plus a few lakes to fish. Bath houses are probably the cleanest I’ve seen in all the campgrounds I’ve been too. The only reason I wouldn’t give it 5 stars is because the sites are pretty close to each other and you can hear aircraft traffic from the airport close by. I recommend sites 22,23,25 if you are tent camping.

Peaceful

Close to Caesars Head and Table Rock. Full hookups, and the staff helps you back in and level up. Great service. Short drive to grocery and fresh produce stands.

History Abounds

Tons to do, including hikes and history. Make sure to go across the street to the Kings Mountain Military site. Better yet, plan your stay when they are doing an event.

Im home.

Love this place. Next to the lake. Quite, friendly clean. Good bathroom.

Love it.

Great place to camp. Very quiet,very friendly clean bathroom. Cheap camping.

Very nice

We have been a few times and really like it. The staff are very friendly. The bath houses and park are always really clean.

Quad Overload of Steps

I'll admit that I'm not in my best shape ever but also know it's not my worst shape, this was full leg workout for 4 miles up as well as 4 miles back down. I highly recommend in the warmer months you get on the trail as early as possible. It opens at 7am. Bring plenty of water. The views along the way are beautiful and when you get to the top at the main overlook is fabulous too. I say the main overlook as there are a couple spots like right at Governors Rock is deep into the trail…but not the main view.

Ranger Review: Banner & Oak Apparel at Paris Mountain State Park

Campground Review:

Paris Mountain State Park is just a short drive outside of Greenville, SC, but seems a world away. It is beautiful in all seasons. The campground is a typical state campground. Water, electric, fire ring, and picnic table were at our site. We stayed at #39 which was fine for our needs. If you had any sort of rig, we would NOT recommend this spot. The concrete was in poor shape and would make for a leveling nightmare. We voted we’d stay in #40 next time. It was a pull through with a creek running by the fire ring. The shower house was perfectly adequate and clean. Their reservation system was easy. We enjoyed all of the hiking options and the swimming area in the park.

--------------------

Product Review:

As Rangers for The Dyrt, we get to test products from time to time– today we tested Banner & Oak apparel www.bannerandoak.com. We loved their trucker hats. They were breathable, and held their shape under the sweat from a hard hike. We felt they were very attractive as well. As a long torso’d and arm’d couple, we both noticed right away and appreciated the length of the shirts themselves and the length of the sleeves on the long-sleeved shirt. There is nothing worse than washing shirts and having to stretch the heck out of them to try to get them back to looking presentable. We have no fear our Banner & Oak short and long-sleeved shirts will not give us this trouble. They worked well under our packs and we didn’t find ourselves needing to pull down our shirt every few mins or so. As a larger busted woman, however, their Women’s Large ran a bit small in the chest. I normally wear a Large which gives me some room to move around, but I wish I would have ordered my shirt in a XL. It is a tight fit. All in all, we really liked Banner & Oak’s apparel, in style, cut (mostly), and comfort. The shirt material is super soft and we could see ourselves ordering more from their site.

Nice Place to Relax, Just out side the bustle of Suburbia.

We had a great time staying here. Some of the sights were rather inclined, but they listed this on the website when booking(it's on a mountain after all). The areas between most of the sites was spacious, we were able to hang 2 hammocks to chill in. The Bathhouses had been remodeled and were kept clean while we were there. (There wasn't hand soap at the sinks that was a little weird for me).  The Large trash bins were located back down across from the Park Center, as was the play ground. It would have been more convenient for campers to have these things closer but were convenient for day use visitors. The park center is a gorgeous stone/log cabin type building with a long porch facing the Swimming area. There are Adirondack chairs on the porch, then between the porch and the lake are wooden lounge chairs and benches to relax on while taking a break from swimming or hanging out. There are miles of trails and streams to explore. We had a lovely time and plan to visit again soon.

Surprisingly Accomodating, Even When Crowded

I had never visited Lake Greenwood, save for driving by on the way from Augusta to Greenville. So when no other State Park had reservations available for Labor Day weekend, I was hesitant to book here. I will admit, I was mistaken. My in-laws and my parents both pulled their camper trailers, while I pulled my Jayco pop-up. I was very satisfied with the size of the spaces, which were accurate compared to the website. The camp website also accurately informs campers about the grade of campsite driveways, which did become an issue for my parent’s trailer. The sites are generally not much more than an asphalt driveway, and a gravel picnic table/fire ring area. I didn’t see many tent campers in this part of the campground, and I would imagine tent camping would be especially uncomfortable (hot) during the summer months. Electrical hookups are new, and standard, and water hookups are plenty for even the biggest of rigs.

The campground maintains decent tree/shade coverage, especially on the outer sites. The sites near/on the water are also shaded and have the added bonus of the lake breeze, although they are a bit crowded; very close to the sites next door. Speaking of which, perhaps due to the sold-out Labor Day weekend, but most probably because of the design of the campground and lakeside access, foot traffic was heavy between and around my campsite. This was annoying as always, and made me feel like I needed to bring in all of my chairs, etc when I left the site.

There are several bathhouses spread throughout the campground. Each one has two showers, two sinks, and two toilets, though at my closest bathhouse, one of the showers was out of order. The bathhouses were always very clean, and did not have the usual peeling paint and army of bugs and spiders that some bathhouses seem to maintain as a matter of principle.

Nearby Ninety Six NHS was a great half-day attraction, less than 15 mins away. Greenwood City is also a draw. Of course, the gem is Lake Greenwood. I was wishing the entire weekend that I had a boat to enjoy the cool clear water.

Bottom line, I have plans to come back on a less crowded weekend, and definitely with a boat.

Great campground with amazing staff!

This was our first camping trip for my wife and I. The staff led us right to our site and helped direct me into our site as it was dark. Knowing that it was our first time they even came back by to check on us a little bit later. It was Labor day weekend, so they were full, but we had no issues with noise or anything. The kids were having a blast between swimming and riding bikes. Plenty of activities were planned by the staff from bingo on Friday night, corn hole tournaments, movie night, and even an ice cream social! They even sell Hunt Bros. pizza from the store and will deliver to your site. Looked amazing and very reasonably priced. We can't wait to go back!

Beautiful location and beautiful lake

If it weren’t for Hurricane Dorian we would have never found this gem! What a beautiful location. Most sites directly on the lake. We were 10 ft from our own swimming area. The water is clean to fish, swim, boat, kayak, jet ski. You can easily rent a pontoon and jet skis at the nearby Skippers and cruise to a great bar and grill, “break on the lake” for dinner and drinks.  The lake is big enough to explore but small enough not to get lost. The reception is helpful and bathhouses very clean.  You are 20 minutes from the cute town of Greenwood too.  Full hookups available at this state park. Picnic tables and fire rings provided too. Don’t carry your own firewood in due to possible invasive insects.

Dog gone good time

Looking for a place to relax with your four legged family, then this the place for you. Nice off leash areas for your furry friend to stretch their legs and release that energy. Because a tired puppy is a good puppy.

Great Family Campbround!

Our family had a great time! Lots of stuff for the kids to do! Bath house clean and laundry facility great! We will definitely be back!

Fabulous

This park is new and clean. There’s miles of winding golf cart trails in the woods. Beautiful pool. Great friendly owners. We will be regulars.

Beautiful views!

My family loves this campground! It’s clean and has a Great Lake to swim in.

Better than expected

Long weekend stay at site #42. Nice level and large site. Some sites are smaller and closer but our site and those on both sides of us were large and level. Bathhouse by our site was kept clean and stocked well. Small lake for fishing and they rent canoes and kayaks. Lots of trails. Equestrian camping area on the other side which we had no reason to visit.

A unique camping experience

Goat island can only be accessed by boat but with 5 separate spots it’s a pretty neat island to camp at. There are picnic tables and fire pits at each site, but no other accommodations. There are rarely any other campers there, but when there are they tend to leave trash at their sites. The light pollution is at a minimum for the lake so it’s beautiful and very secluded at night. There are small, but clear beaches by some of the sites suitable for beaching a pontoon or other boat, but no docks. There are squirrels and birds on the island but I haven’t seen any other wildlife there.

Not a pleasant stay

Campground had some lovely views, some sites with lake access. Water and electrical hookups at most sites. RVs and tents share same area. Bright lights were burned all night, no need in complaining to camp hosts they burned strings of bright LED lights all night too. Large groups allowed, across from our tent there was a party that included 13 children. Generally noisy, lots of traffic moving at all hours. Bathhouses well maintained. Maybe okay for RV but no sleep if using a tent.

Dangerous

We were at site 29, ADA. It was horrendous. We overlooked the women’s restrooms, which was very poor taste! At night, when the lights were turned on….. distasteful. More importantly, this ADA site was extremely dangerous! The site was so unsafe. I fell twice getting out of our rv, b/c the site was more mountainous than the mountains! I couldn’t leave my rv for two days! Restrooms were clogged and filthy. You had to walk a mile to the front to thrown your trash out! Really! Unfortunately, will never return. Below are pix.

Beautiful place to relax

We stayed in a cabin. The cabins have everything you need. Full kitchen with all utensils included. Very clean and the beds are so comfy. No cell service. Which is grea!

Table rock is a very clean park. My sister and I hiked the Carrick creek trail. We had a great hike. Would highly recommend.

Best Camprground in SC

My family had been coming here for years and we love it. Brad and Cece and their son Evan have done great things with this campground. Lots of fantastic amenities, cleanest bathhouse I’ve ever seen and a great pool make this a great place to stay. Add on all the activities they plan for big holiday weekends and this place is a no brainer. Go to Pineridge!

Haven’t been yet. Will review end of trip

Haven’t been yet. Will review end of trip

Very large park right outside of town

We stayed here for a week and found this to be one of the quietest parks we have stayed out and used it for a base camp to hike Jones gap and table rock. The bathhouse was clean and there are lots of trails and a big pond.lots of bicycles riding around the park.

We love this campground

We camped here for a few days and loved this park. Plenty of hiking and fishing. We did not have to leave the park for anything. Everyone was very friendly. Some of the sites are not very level but you can do it. We will definitely be going back to this park. They have two different campgrounds and this park is geared towards horse back riding

Just like the name, solitude.

Small in size with only @14 rv sites, but huge in friendly staff and super helpful getting you in/out of your site.

Was once nice. (Edited)

Forest Service has changed the price from $5 to $30 a night for a primitive campground. Nasty vault toilet, and trash cans but no water. As of July 2019 campground appears closed.

Great family spot

Was only a 45 minute drive from my home growing up so went a lot on the weekends with my family. Hiking, biking, and relaxing!

Ranger Review: Travelers Rest KOA

Very pretty campground in the fall. Operators live onsite and were friendly. Full connections and no issues leveling. Easy in/out and close to Greenville, Paris Mountain, Travelers Rest, Swamp Rabbit Trail etc. Bathhouses were very clean, but the lights are on motion detectors which weren’t sensitive enough to pick you up in the shower. We both had a couple moments of total darkness to contend with. A camp cat hung around our site at times and loved the heat coming out of our furnace. We don’t have pets so didn’t mind. Cell coverage was great (att & Verizon), so we had no issues working our 9-5s. Love the bubbling creek next to our site, which was so pretty from our back window. We’d definitely stay again.