the dyrt
Arcadia Lakes, SOUTH CAROLINA
Most Recent Arcadia Lakes Camping Reviews
Wonderful Park For RTT

Took my son for two days with out RTT and it was perfect well laid out sites for campers, Rooftop Tents and Tents.

Canoeing Getaway

It is a very small campground. Narrow winding dirt road to small campsites. Bathhouse in the center. Check out the site pictures on their website, they are accurate. We only have a 17 foot camper and it still felt small. We stayed on site 16 which was nice and quiet. Site 18 would have been easier to back in to with the same amount of privacy. We got there early and were able to go right to our site. There were only 4 other campers there and the hosts. The bathhouse was older and could have been cleaner but it was okay. Most importantly it was warm. Our first night it got down to 27 and the water at the hose bib froze but once the sun came up it was fine. Less than 30 minutes to downtown Aiken. We loved the town and it was very pet friendly. Hopelands Gardens was beautiful, free and pet friendly. Had some good beer at Aiken Brewing Company and enjoyed all the shops downtown. We did go into Augusta and that was another 30 minutes from downtown Aiken. We will definitely go back in the warmer months to see some steeplechase horse racing and training, canoe and kayak the Edisto River and go hiking in Hitchcock Woods. There are quite a few museums we did not get to that would be nice to visit as well. I would definitely go back.

Peaceful place to unwind

Always have a great time at Lee State Park. There are horse trails and stables if you ride horses. Most of the sites are well kept, there was one or two that has big roots all over the site, they say there going to fix…very good place to camp…

Great camping in Sumter

Stayed at site # 36, this is the best one. There are 2 loops, first loop for the RVs and the second loop for tent and small pop ups. Tables, fire ring, water at each site. There is a bath house, very clean.

The hiking trails are very well marked, get map at ranger station.

Poinsett

It was great, the lake was warm and beautiful, and it was right next to devils fork state park so we could go there as well.

Gorgeous

This park is stunning and perfect for pups to come along!

Great time with family!

My family and I spent 2 weeks in South Carolina for a family trip one summer when we were all back from college. We love camping and decided to take a trip here to do some site seeing and camping. We stayed here and 2 other places, and really loved this one. I would say this was my favorite one out of the 3. There was some amazing hiking, with beautiful views! I am used to the Texas heat, so it was nice to get away from the humid temps and come here. The campground was good…each spot had its own table and fire ring. we enjoyed cooking dinners over the fire pit and doing smores. I would recommend stopping by the grocery store that is about 5 miles away and getting all your supplies. We didnt have room to back a lot of food and fire wood, so this place was perfect to get everything we needed for the 2 nights we stayed here. We really liked that there were tons of trees and shrubs that separated each campsite. It was also nice to have trees to hang our hammocks in. There is also a lake nearby that was a lot of fun. We did a hike that took us up and around the lake, so the views were gorgeous. The weather was perfect when we came in late June. A little busy because of the summer, but we reserved ahead of time so we werent worried. Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and visit to SC. One thing we really enjoyed was mountain biking here. My brothers and I did this for an entire day on a course they had nearby, and it was a blast! I think most the pics I took were from this experience!

Great location with various things to do in the campground

We were on our way from Charleston to Greenville and this was a great place to stop. We used it as a home base for visiting Congaree National Park and couldn't be happier with our choice! We were in Site 32 and it was a great one. We had a view off the back of our site and it felt private. There was a splash pad, a lake and many trails to explore. I also enjoyed reading the different signs around the park about the history. I was shocked to find that as many as 10,000 people would visit this park on weekends in the 50's and 60's. The staff was really helpful and the facilities were all clean. We would definitely go back to this campground!

The campground is off a really busy road, but you sure wouldn't know it! It was very quiet. However - super convenient having any place you might need to go right by. Our Verizon hotspot worked great, but the Sprint hotspot was spotty through the park. If you are ever passing through or want a good home base for exploring Congaree - this is it!

Nice park.

Nice park but gets super crowded. the sites we had you could definitely have more than 6 people to a site and many sites did just that. never far to a bathroom and easy access to the water. needs a good cleaning as the trails were very littered. We saw the ranger drive by about twice a day.

A Bit of The Country, Just Down the Street

Our Cub Scout Pack frequently uses this park, and it's great for both day visits and those 'introductory' camping trips to get the new kids comfortable in the woods!

There's plenty of stuff to do, from boats to fishing to both primitive sites and sites with more amenities.

And what's really nice, if you forgot something, you can just drive down the street and pick it up.

Great place

The Congaree National Park in South Carolina is a great place to go if you really want to enjoy nature, animals, and hiking. There are so many wildlife animals, that it is really fun to sit back and watch. There are tons of chipmunks, birds, and we even saw some deer. This was such a great way to wake up in the morning. We stayed here 4 nights, and every morning we were woken up by the beautiful sounds of chirping birds. There are some really great hikes nearby too. If you enjoy doing that- I would recommend looking into the Kingsnake Trail. Its a gorgeous hike in the middle of the Columbia. The trail isn't very well maintained. There are trees that are down, so you do have to maneuver your way around, over and under them. I didn't mind doing this at all. This is a great hike, however I wouldn't recommend this hike to people who don't have much experience with hiking. I would say it was difficult, and it is a very long day hike. It is around 9 miles roundtrip. I started at around 7:30am, and finished around 3:30pm. If you like hiking, but don't want to do a long/hard one, I would suggest just doing the main loop in the campground. I believe it is called the Bluff Trail. I would recommend bringing lots of bug spray. The mosquitos are no joke along the boardwalk area, toward the back where the trails start. There is also a river nearby called Sandbar- There were plenty of people swimming and having fun in the river. The park was a little messy. Didn't really seem like people picked up after themselves. Overall, this was a great place to visit and I would highly recommend coming here. Again, there are some really great hikes and it is beautiful here.

great hiking

nice trails, our site was really tight but was reserved sight unseen. enjoyed the paddle boats.

Lots of Horses

Ok if you have never stayed with horses you can not be prepared for the flyes. they were swarms of them. there was a old timey band that played the night we arrived. trails were nice and lots to see.

Great place for families!

This campground has great ways to keep the kids busy! Includes a Splash Pad, nature walk around the lake and playground! Little store on site. Clean facilities and comfortable camp sites…

Not too crowded

Nice quiet spot not far from Columbia. Love the elevation change which is rare in Midlands of SC.

We loved it!

We stayed here for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. A few friends came with us, and between us we had 8 kids. Despite being there during the hottest part of the year, we stayed comfortable and had a great time. The swimming area is by the office/shop. There is a really lovely strip of shaded picnic tables where we spent the hottest hours of the day. The water is pretty shallow, so the littlest ones had plenty of space to play and swim without us having to worry. We caught a ton of muscles and ate them. Several in our group enjoyed them very much. Bathrooms were well kept and nice and cool. The hiking trail is beautiful. The park is about 25 minutes from any stores, but they keep their shop extremely well stocked. The ladies there were great with helping us find our way when we did need directions to Walmart, and then later to the hwy to head home. There is no wifi until you're about 15 minutes from the park.

We thoroughly enjoyed staying here and recommend it!

⛺️🐟

nice size campsites, nice walking trails, fishing, little beach area within walking distance. About an hour drive to downtown Charleston.

nice place

Nice, clean campsites. The bath house was very nice and kept up well. Plenty to do for people of all ages.

Varied activities, well-maintained,family-friendly,lake front

We have camped here twice for several days each time. There are 2 main areas, both are close to a large reservoir good for fishing, kayaking, SUPs, rudderless sailing. There are playgrounds, ball fields, picnic areas, short hikes, and cabins for rent. Birdwatching hikes are available nearby at the Swamp Fox Nature Preserve that also offers historical and natural history information.The washrooms/showers are older, but cleaned daily. A camp store and information center are onsite.

My favorite activity was a guided kayak tour into an adjacent swamp. Birds, small mammals and alligators watch as the boats glide by. But make sure to go with a guide, especially if children will be on board.

Weather is changeable. The park is busy 3 seasons a year so make reservations early. Midsummer is hot, humid, and buggy. Spring and fall are lovely times to visit.

Tent or RV, surprisingly close to the H20

Well, last minute decision on a Friday in July. Should be hot, humid, mosquito-filled, but was breezy and with a water view! Site 115 in the tent area (tent or RV, but had a tent) was beautiful. Not full this weekend. I'd say the whole campground was 40% full, being the week after the 4th and all, but I'd highly recommend such a visit! The camp store, purportedly open until 5, was open until 7, perfect for smores fixings and breakfast, etc. And nice quite morning! Children are the future, but honestly a campsite where they aren't wailing before 7AM is a treasure and a rare find. Enjoy!

Very Quiet

If your looking for a place to completely relax this is the place. It sits on the Saluda River, great fishing. We stayed here for 7 nights.

The bath house is in need of an update. PHU only. They resort charges $5 for use of the pool.

Family friendly, clean right on the water.

This campground sits on Lake Marion where there is awesome cat fishing. Fishing on Lake Marion you can fish in the stomp holes for bream, bass and catfish. The campground is clean, family oriented, there is part of the park where you could have family parties also there is boat launch areas and a fishing pier.

Nice camp ground.

Good camp for rv or tent camping. Plenty of trails, splash park for kids and a lake for boating and fishing

relax

very nice clean wooded campground

Great mountain biking

The biking is awesome, however I was not a giant fan of the campsite itself.

Unplug unwind

I took a group of 8 wild middle schoolers here and we had a blast hiking the trails, boating, and unplugging for a while!

weekend trip

very family oriented campground! always something to do with an activity list full of different things. pool was very nice and never over crowded. will be going here again!!!