About Tobyhanna State Park
No WiFi
Tobyhanna State Park is located in Pennsylvania
14 Reviews of Tobyhanna State Park
Laid back and scenic

Scenic and spacious. Large camping areas that can fit two cars onsite and include picnic tables, some even with water and electric hookups. The bathrooms are large and well kept. The lake is nearby and doesn’t get crowded. There’s a separate shore for kayaks and canoes to enter the lake. We even got to see an eagles’ nest near our campsite.

Nice Stop in Poconos

We picked this site because you can kayak and it’s close to the tree top adventures. Typical campground with bathrooms and showers. The best part is the lake for water activities and the surrounding things you can do.

Beauty in color

I was able to get up to the Poconos before the fall color ended! What an experience!! Breathtaking views from nearby trails and nearby Big Pocono State Park. The park staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about nearby trails and best places to get the most out of the views! I felt very safe camping here alone as a woman. The park ranger would frequently drive through the campground. I never saw any bears, although the staff said there were bears in the area. They had large dumpsters away from the campsites to dispose of garbage safely. Being able to wake up lakeside up in the mountain and looking at the view was an experience that I will always treasure!

Many Years of Fun

I have been going to this campground since I could walk and it's never gotten old. I just went there again this past summer, and the lake and near by hikes are perfect for everyone in the family. We went to boulder fields and hawk falls as well!