Camping in Raystown Lake

273 Reviews of 66 Raystown Lake, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

Grant M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2021

Worth further exploration

We ended up here on the way from the NJ high point to the PA high point, but this is a neat park. Great trees on the approach drive, decent campground (with some odd terrain parking-wise) and clean showers. Looks like a ton of trails and skiing in the winter. Not sure our travels will bring us…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great!

We really enjoyed this campground. The sites were spacious, everything was clean and well kept. The staff was SO nice! It was also a gated entrance which was nice. We will definitely return.

SiteL
Doug G.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Camping on the water

I have been going here since I was a child. Every year I took my kids here for camping and boating. Very clean facilities and friendly people. Nothing like waking up to a view on the water!

• Rothrock Marina
  • The Dam
Dawn C.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Bathrooms are Soo nice

Staff was wonderful and just a great campground

Dawn C.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Horrible

We had a terrible experience here. We were at tent site #29 but for only an hour...the "water hookup" was BROWN. The bathroom has no lights or sink... Our 16x16 tent didn't fit the "17x17" tent pad. We had bug spray on and had two ThermaCELLs running and we're literally eaten alive by mosquitoes.…

Joann&WellsThePup I.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Quiet camping

Beautiful primitive campground (tent only). Get a site on the outside towards the water. They are spaced out and peaceful. Has restrooms (no shower), picnic table, and fire pit at each site. Short walk to creek and beautiful pond.

Sitewalk-in site
Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Roads are a little hinky!

We arrived from the south entrance and the roads were awful! I understand it can be part of getting to those prime boondocking spots, but I was nervous in our 30 ft motor home. I definitely recommend for tent camping. All the sites had plenty of space with a fire ring and picnic tables. Lots of…

• we made it in this giant rig!
  • video of overlook
  • :)
Jedediah P.
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Very Nice

Very nice campsite!! Some sites do have limited places for larger tents because of roots but pretty good place to camp.

Campground mediocre, area nice

The campground is fine. Basic amenities and pretty small. But it has everything you need. The area is gorgeous and there are a ton of trails to check out.

Month of VisitDecember

Nice campground, nice lake

The campground is large. The primary attraction is the lake, which is nice for kayaking. There is also a small beach area for swimming. Some nice trails and a few are available for bikes.

Month of VisitOctober
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nothing to write home about

In terms of PA State Parks, this one is ok. There is a pool (with a fee) that is pretty nice. The campground is small and functional. Would stay here again but not something I would seek out.

Joann&WellsThePup I.

Very secluded quiet spot

Nice little spot with no one around. Maybe 2-3 cars passed on the SF road each day. Primitive camping with picnic table and fire ring - that’s it. Have to carry your gear from your car a little ways. Very close to the MST. Only complaint was that there was a beautiful creek behind it with no trail.…

Dave B.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Red Bridge

The camping is great! There are showers, RV hook ups, beautiful views and close to Cougar Bob's which is the best place for pizza!

SiteTent
Brian C.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

spacious sites

I Luke's this campground a lot. the sites are very large and well maintained. there are large gravel spaces bordered with wood. two large picknick tables at each site. site had electric and water nearby. plenty of room to back in.

I was there in April so the park was pretty empty and no…

SiteMCAM 70
Paul B.
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Peaceful and quiet with a view

Easy walk to beach area and boat launch. Very clean.

SiteRV7