Grove City, PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Grove City Camping Reviews
Cute campground

We chose this park because it was the closest one we could find that was still open with electric this time of year to downtown Pittsburgh. Also, because it had great cell/internet service on our hotspots and had a lot of trails. Unfortunately, it had been raining a lot so we weren’t able to explore the trails. The campground is nice– the toilets are just pit toilets and they do have a sun shower. They are on a well so there is limited water and they don’t allow you to fill up your on board tank. Make sure you fill up before you go! Also, there is a road in the park (Echo Dell Road) that RV’s/Trailers can’t go on so make sure you approach this campground from Leslie Road!

Great outdoors park for all ages!

Phenomenally awesome state park site,included amenities such as cleaning stations, restrooms, playgrounds, public beaches,& relaxing vistas to just kick back on a bench to have a picnic or just simply take in the views around the vast area the lake itself covers. The entire area especially during early summer to fallmonths is brimming with excited visitors. Locals all coming to one central location to relax& get their outdoor on whatever that may be for the visitor. The  lake includes exceptional fishing, boasting a few of PA's record holding catches, withholds deep& serene beauty,& is very easy to create memorable experiences alike. Plan a day trip or few day stay to see why so many people choosePymatuning State Park as they not to far get away destination today, you won't be disappointed that you did.

Family Fun at this beautiful campground!

My family and I love Raccoon Creek State Park! It's beautiful and has everything you need for a great trip! Well maintained park with tons of stuff to do. They make sure the lake is readily stocked with fish. If your up for it I recommend the trails also. The wild flower reservation also has great trails.They have affordable boat rentals and the beach area is a nice spot to spend a day to relax. Camping is also great here. I've camped with my family several times with no complaints. The park rangers are also extremely helpful and very clear with the rules they want you to follow. Great fun for anyone!Lovely picnic areas. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest but I've seen worse! There were a lot of loud campers late at night(way after 11, even beyond as late as 12:30 am). Other than that, great!

Nice quiet campground

Nice quiet campground. Lots of room, fishing lake and pool. Not a ton of activities but would recommend.

Love the campground

Beautiful facilities. Clean bathrooms. Lots of activities. Great play area for the kids!

Ok, But nothing exciting

I have been coming here for a few years since I have family in the area, but this year there's a brand new pool (not open yet), and the price for just electric and water with no sewer is $145 more than last year for a two week stay!! Last year was $275 for two weeks and this year is $420!! Priced me out of here….. Oh, no wifi right now either.

Great stay!!!

Thank you to Jay and Kelly for a wonderful 10 day stay at their campground. So much to do in the area, hiking, waterfalls, good eats, Bear Town Rocks, beautiful forests… We loved our campsite right on the small pond that is stocked with Carp and Koi. The seasonal campers made us feel so welcome and included us in trick-or-treat, potluck and a fun dance complete with DJ. Being able to use Passport America for a couple of days helps to make it affordable. Showers were clean and hot. Nice store, laundry. This is not a fancy campground but one we’ll love to come back to!

Rude owner!

Owner has no people skills! He was extreamly rude to our whole group! Plenty of other campgrounds in the area to choose from, would not recommend Kalumet at all!

Big Disappointment

Some sites require over 50' of hose and multiple power cords to reach power box due to the great amount of trees providing good shade throughout camp ground. The owner took it upon himself to correct the children and not the parents. The community had a great Halloween weekend. I will never go back or recommend this place after they way things were handled later on in the weekend with friends being evicted with 0 notice as owner was to cowardly to speak with adults over an activity that was mishandled from the beginning. Drive 10 more minutes and stay in the park. It's way nicer, and close to activities.

GREAT state park

Clean and accommodating state park on beautiful Shenango lake. Great to boat and fish.

Good time

Camped here to be close to Conneaut Lake.  Great grounds,  beautiful ponds.

Cute and Clean

Bear Run offers pull through sites for larger RV's. The pool is smaller but still enjoyable.  Tons of activities always planned on the weekend.  Family Friendly Friendly!

Awesome Time!

Campground is clean, offers many kid friendly activities, and staff is accommodating. Great time.

Super Family Friendly!

Great Place for adults and children to enjoy themselves! Plenty of activities.  Welcoming Staff!

Halloween weekends are a great time to visit!

Campers Beware! No Hospitality!!

The owner, Mark is arrogant, pompous and has 0 interest in making you feel welcomed or comfortable.  He is miserable,  and is incapable of holding an adult conversation.  He ostracized a couple of teenage girls,  who were camping with their family and trying to take part of a planned camp activity.  They girls did make a mistake, as most 16 year old children will during their lives, but Mark did not allow the parents to explain, apologize, or handle the situation. He kicked out a family of 5 at 10pm at night because he was on a power trip. Not a family friend place!

You shouldn't have to worry about being asked to leave  because your child mishandled the roles to a game…. and when you haven't been a disturbance, or haven't broke any laws.

Also, hook ups are extremely far away from sites. Very inconvenient. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

Beautiful wooded site

This is a beautiful camping site.

Good stay

When we discovered that Shenango Corps of Engineers park had closed early in September, we needed to find a home right away. This met our needs very well. Despite the fact that it’s not our normal kind of camping, in the woods, it was very comfortable. It does not feel crowded, sites were grassy and all utilities worked well. Owners are very nice people and are working to continually improve this property they just acquired a couple years ago. The park is largely seasonal but has several spots for drop-in RVS and tents. Big rig accessible. We reserved for 2 nights, stayed 3 and would return. Bathrooms were clean if a bit unique with a rope and pulley system of water delivery to the shower head. I appreciate that the owners have a desire to keep prices steady but wonder if consideration might be given to some kind of a discount such as a rate for more than two days, passport America, AARP, a weekday discount, a weekly rate ….. $35 is about five dollars more per night more than we typically pay.

Have to find the right camp spot

Went to Raccoon Creek State Park to camp for Labor Day weekend. We booked campsite F1 since we had 2 dogs and the F loop allowed dogs. This site was great! We could fit two tents and it was nice and secluded from the other sites. I recommend booking a site that is on the outside of the “loops” if you want some seclusion. The inner loop sites are right on top of each other, good for Rvs, not so much for tent camping. The bathrooms were a little bit of a hike, the next loop over, but they where clean and had flush toilets and running water along with a shower and sinks to wash dishes. There was a place to get water across from this site which was very convenient . The dog walking trails weren’t bad, but they where very up and down hill, at points steep and rocky. The spring was a really cool hike (right off the park office parking lot.) Down by the beach they had a place to buy wood, only $5 a bundle and the beach place also sells bags of ice. Overall a really good family campground!

Back to Nature

Went there off-season which I recommend everyone do. In the Fall. Beautiful colored folage. Woke up to find I was surrounded by a huge herd of deer. Outstanding!

unmaintenanced

the lake is beautiful  and the park is clean but the cabins or the one I was in needed maintenance badly.front porch was soft and spongy .the screened in porch had huge holes in the screens and a huge gap in the floor .the picnic table and fire pit were leaning  badly. the bedroom had a hole in the wall which should  have been a easy fix if anyone  cared. the boat rental was nice

Nice and clean campgrounds

The Campground was really nice, some spots gave you enough space to feel pretty secluded from other campers, which was nice for my partner and I.

Quiet Campground with Private Tentsites

My girlfriend and I stayed at tent site 40 Friday August 9th and Saturday August 10th. Most of the sites were pretty private and ours was probably the most private and had a lot of space since we were on the very end of the road / cul-de-sac. I would definitely recommend this site if you like privacy but it is a longer walk to the bath house but we didn't mind that at all. The only thing I didn't like about the campground is that there is no wash tub / sink to wash your dishes which made clean up a little more of a chore. Other than that the staff were very friendly and it is overall a great campground.

Very hilly

Nice campground but too hilly for kids to ride bikes. Very close to Lake Arthur for fishing and kayaking.

Love it!

We love camping at Jellystone at Kozy Rest! Staff is super friendly and campground is always very clean. Tons of activities to keep the kids busy all day!!

Quiet, peaceful, relaxing, wooded and scenic

This is the place to unwind and relax. If you want to build giant bonfires and drink and party loudly until all hours of the night, this is not for you.

Camp owners live here and are extremely helpful and friendly.

Gated entrance for security; very safe area in the middle of Amish country:closest businesses are an Amish-run nursery and a fruit/vegetable stand. Shopping is about 15 minutes away and Shenango Reservoir is about 20 minutes away.

Large sites

Mostly seasonal, and about 20 others, including pull-through a.

Great for kids

Pools a big hit for kids and they have a small puttputt golf course and basketballs to play with for free along with a small playground. That being said, most of the sites are taken up by full timers. The ones that aren’t are close together or the spot is very un-level. For Spot 19 you would literally have to move the fire ring and picnic table from spot 18 out of your way. (No they didn’t take up 2 spots, they just overlap it’s so close) The bathrooms are also filthy and on the weekends kids run in and out of them to play. I have no idea why. They run in screaming chat with each other and then run back out. It’s very uncomfortable when you’re in the shower. I also tried their second set of bathrooms, but it was filled with wasps. I reported both bathrooms. But they didn’t seem very concerned and the next day only the trash had been changed. I did not go check if the wasps were gone. They also have an abundance of golf carts here. Which is fine until you’re trying to take a walk and you have to walk into someone else’s camp to get out of their way. You will do this multiple times with each small loop because people here drive them just to drive. Don’t try to leave for food in the evenings on the weekend. EVERYONE gets on their golf carts and will drive around the campground like a giant snake game. You will not escape.

Beyond the Great Outdoors

I have been camping at Moraine State Park since I was 5 years old (so about 14 years). While I was in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts we used the 5 Points Group Camping Area a lot. It is right next to the bike trail and has access to the lake. I have enjoyed my time at Moraine and will enjoy it every time I visit.

Jellystone

Plenty of activities for the kids, awesome lasertag course. Best shower house I've seen.

Great trip

Our first time camping at Pymatuning State Park in Ohio. The facilities are older, but kept clean with workers constantly around checking things.

There are 3 sections to camp. We stayed in section 2, site 82 which had a direct view of the lake and was close to the bathhouse and restroom. If you have younger kids, this site is for you. The playground is right there as is the beach.

We didnt look at section 1, but already decided next time, we will go to section 3 as that seemed more shaded and no playground.

The store there had just about anything you could need for supplies at a reasonable price.

We will definitely return.

Clean State park with great water access!

To check in at this campground, the parking lot is to the right of the campground entry road and you need to walk over to the left of the road to the camp store. This campground offers private shady campsites right on the lake. It's great for boats and kayaks. There were plenty of trees on our site to hang hammocks. The bathrooms/shower houses were clean. There is a small beach at the campground and also a larger one up the road. This is a great fishing spot. Birders will enjoy the variety of species found here including Bald eagles, Orioles, Osprey, Prothonotary warblers, Yellow warblers, Great blue herons, Kingbirds, Kingfishers and many others. We saw other types of wildlife too including: butterflies, toads and turtles. Nearby attractions include Linesville Spillway (feed the carp) and Linesville fish hatchery. There are not a lot of hiking trails on the Ohio side, but we drove around to the PA side and found some. This remarkable campground has plenty to do for everyone.