About Hideaway Lake
Hike In
Contact
Hideaway Lake is located in Oregon
7 Reviews of Hideaway Lake
Beautiful place to wake up

Only stayed one night ..The drive was intense in a Honda but I made it…followed someone in…otherwise not sure if I could find it with no service. The spot was peaceful , cleanish toilets and there was a fire ban at the time so we had to bring our own fire pit which was tricky and also called for a lot more bugs . Oh yeah bugs- MOSQUITOES and all the other goodies you find high up in the tops of mountain lakes. But a great find none the less would go again and stay longer since it’s such a drive up.

What a mistake

I used the get directions button. Followed the map.

First off the reviews said phone service there. How? Cell reception drops before even getting to the Forest Road.

To say the road is a little rough is a HUGE understatement. The closer I got to this lake the worse the road got. It went from a decent graveled two lane road to a one lane road, then a dirt road with potholes, to a very narrow dirt track. There was winter storm damage everywhere. Many trees had fallen across the road but the road had been cleared. Still some of the tree branches would rub the side of my car. I would have turned around but there was simply no place to do that. I moved forward hoping to find some way to turn around. Then the road had a large area that was just mud. On the right the land rapidly rose and on the left the land sloped rapidly down into a ravine. Going as slow as possible through the mud I felt the car start to slide towards the ravine. My years of driving prevented the slide down into the ravine. Push on looking for any turn place to turn around. The road became worse and the fallen trees become more abundant. Branches brushing the car almost constant. One of the fallen trees must have been precariously balanced because I heard the scrape on the side of the car and suddenly there was a tree trunk smashing through my windshield. Had there been a passenger in my car they would have died. I did manage to find enough room to turn around a bit farther down the road. After what was a very painful 20 point turn around I made my way out of the nightmare experience and limped back to civilization.

Small campground

Great Lakeside campground. Road can be a bit rough. Mosquitos!! Great hiking.

Quiet, separate campsites.

Very nice during the weekday. Small lake, great for an easy paddle and fishing. Easy hike around the lake and lots of space and privacy at the campgrounds. Easy access to the lake from all sites.

Quaint, nice big tent sites.

This place is great duringnthe week. Easy access to the lake from all sites. Stars stars Stars! Nice big campsites, felt pretty far away from the neighbors. Great for an easy paddle, also an easy hike around the lake.

Hidden by trees

Hidden from the main road. Don't even realize it is there until you pull in!! Love it and all the privacy

Nice little lake...never got to stay! We made 3 trips to this very pretty lake! Small lake, very pretty area, small campground - only 5 sites and a outhouse.

Trip 1 mid June - Couldn't get drive into the lake, to much snow! Parked and hiked in for an enjoyable day hike. Trip 2 mid July - Monday - campground was full, many campers said they planned on staying full 2 weeks. Didn't get to stay. Ended up camping at Harritt Lake. Trip 3 - 2nd week of August. Monday morning and again campground is full! Saw some of same people as we saw before. Talking with them, it seems they were on their 2nd 2week camping trip to the lake!

This campground would probably be a great late season/fall camping spot, however summer is very difficult to find a spot.. Campground is First come, first served.