The #1 Camping App
Camp with confidence with the highest-ranked camping app for both iOS and Android. Search more than 500,000 listings, reviews, and tips for campsites across the U.S.
Enter your phone number to get the app.
Great park for overnight, short term or long term. Moved in 11/25/19, today is 03/22/20. Full hook ups, incl water, sewer, garbage. Electrical is extra. Great people in the office. Park is paved grass at every sight. Close to town, convenient store close by. Showers, restrooms and laundry available for campers.
Only a couple of spots available to back in to and the others are taken up by the less than desirable full time occupants, the owners or slumlords who own the motel across the street from the park have purchased older RVs and rent them on a monthly basis, it will do in a pinch but do yourself a favor and go to the RV park 5 miles out of town by the reservoir.
Drove through here in Aug 2019, and it sure was crowded. Looked pretty standard with rv setups and people walking around everywhere. I think it was like $50/night which is crazy.
Ranger Review: Midland Radios at Anthony Lakes Campground Review:
This is my favorite place in Oregon. It’s vast and quaint- everything that you would imagine from a 7,000 elevation retreat! We arrived a couple of days prior to when the site was officially supposed to open (July 1- depending on snow) so, we ended up staying in the Anthony Lakes Ski Area parking lot. A combination of snow and mud prevented anyone from using the official campsites but that didn’t stop a handful of people from camping and fishing nearby. During our three-day stay, we had snow, rain, and sunshine. It was wonderful!
Top reasons I love this campground:
- The Wallowa-Whitman stunning views; including Gunsight Mountian and the Elkhorn Range.
- Clean, clear lakes (Lilypad Lake is great for flyfishing)
- Secluded Amazing hiking
Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, occasionally I get to test products. At this campground, I tested the Midland Radios X-Talker Extreme Dual Pack T77VP5. Being in a vast wooded area, I was thrilled to have radios that worked well and could be easily charged with a USB cord and a power block. Lightweight and easy to attach to a backpack or belt.
- Good value(price for product); two radios, soft-shell carrying case, earpieces, charging station, USB car charger, USB wall plug-in charger, rapid rechargeable batteries, 36-channels.
- Range of up to 38 miles!
- Sounds great and keeps a charge.
- Cons: The charging station is plastic and feels inexpensive Overall, I give the Midland Radio X-Talker Extreme Dual Pack T77VP5 five stars. It delivers exactly what it says it does. It’s a great value and a product worth having to keep you in communication with others during your outdoor adventures!
The campsites were very well maintained and the facilities (bathrooms and showers) were kept up nicely as well. If you choose to stay here I would definitely go for a site away from the freeway. Ours was in B loop and you could hear all the vehicles cruising on by on I-84