The best RV SITES camping near

Most Recent Hugo Camping Reviews
Great Camp Site!

Was clean and quiet.

Big family camping trip

Late October and the colors were gorgeous. We were so close, but missed peak fall colors by about a week or so. We plan to go again but next time will have to plan for the whole week.

So peaceful

This is definitely my all time favorite. I stayed at “tent t hill” primitive area. Spot number 3 and it was PERFECT! Wooded area, quiet, peaceful. Trail literally right across from the section.

My only complaint was it was hard to find. The signs are not very helpful.

Great stop for a night or two

This RV park was a great stopping point for our travels back east.

The grounds are off a somewhat busy route, so if parked in front row you can head cars a little bit it’s not bad.

The spots are all paved with a nice sectioned off patio spot. There seem to be some more permanent rvs here

It was very quiet during the day and even in the evening. There’s no tree coverage really so the spots are pretty open but they have a fair amount of spacing in between each spot for some privacy

Felt very safe here

The fixtures are new too

Would def come back for another night or two if making my way west again

About an hours drive to Dallas

Chad the general manager was around walking the grounds. He came over to say hi and let us know even though the general store is closed, we could find on the grounds or use a number listed to call him. We were a little late on checkout but he came over to say no rush and let us know about the 3 mile hiking trail he has around the property!

Camping in the rain!

This place was pretty busy the weekend we camped here but we booked early and found a spot away from others. The water is brown but nice and cold for the summer so we couldn’t complain! We got some rain which sucks but we never let a little rain ruin our camping adventures. Would definitely come back to check out the cabins and camp again!

Loved it

We learned about this campground through the owners activities with Veterans. We stayed for 7 days and we were able to have totally relaxed days as well as very active days. Right next to the river for kayaking, canoeing or just relaxing. Off-road vehicle trails a petting zoo on site. Check the web site for activities, there may be live music or a large gathering scheduled which may or may not be your thing. The only reason I rated it 4 stars is that it’s a work in progress. New cabins were being added and more trails were being cut while we were there.

Peaceful and nice

Very peaceful place with level sites. We were in a class C motorhome

Nice, Quit place to get away

This was the first stop on the our trip. We spent today’s here and wis we could have stayed longer. The park is well kept and very quit and relaxing.

Great place and very quiet

I drove down to do an overnighter and the place is gorgeous. I'm in the primitive alone and it is going to be nice.  I noticed there was a comment about the campground host.   The host has changed and these folks could not have been nicer.  They came and sat at my campsite and we talked about the lake and the roads around the lake.  I had a great time

Private balconies overlooking the lake

I had never heard of McGee Creek State park but had a blast here last weekend! We stayed right on the water at Potapo Landing. Definitely the nicest campsite I’ve seen. Aside from electricity, water, picnic table, fire pit and grill, each site also had their own deck! We got lucky as our site was not directly next to other campers, however most sites were pretty close together. It seemed like many of the RVs that were parked were there permanently (or at least for a very long time). Every now and then we’d catch a whiff of sewage smell but other than that it was very quiet and peaceful weekend.