Hugo , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Hugo Camping Reviews
Loved it

We learned about this campground through the owners activities with Veterans. We stayed for 7 days and we were able to have totally relaxed days as well as very active days. Right next to the river for kayaking, canoeing or just relaxing. Off-road vehicle trails a petting zoo on site. Check the web site for activities, there may be live music or a large gathering scheduled which may or may not be your thing. The only reason I rated it 4 stars is that it’s a work in progress. New cabins were being added and more trails were being cut while we were there.

Awesome ,secluded no tv no cell service quality time

Im a big time camper no less than 20times a year me and wife still work is y.But this is not clamping , this is where me and my son who is active duty and couple more buddies go to hunt and hang around camp fire and eat and 🍻.No tv no cell service just us and the stars lol. Btw we sleep in back of trucks no caper with heat.WE LOVE THIS 10 OR 11 SPOTS TO CAMP PARK

Peaceful and nice

Very peaceful place with level sites. We were in a class C motorhome

Nice, Quit place to get away

This was the first stop on the our trip. We spent today’s here and wis we could have stayed longer. The park is well kept and very quit and relaxing.

Great place and very quiet

I drove down to do an overnighter and the place is gorgeous. I'm in the primitive alone and it is going to be nice.  I noticed there was a comment about the campground host.   The host has changed and these folks could not have been nicer.  They came and sat at my campsite and we talked about the lake and the roads around the lake.  I had a great time

Private balconies overlooking the lake

I had never heard of McGee Creek State park but had a blast here last weekend! We stayed right on the water at Potapo Landing. Definitely the nicest campsite I’ve seen. Aside from electricity, water, picnic table, fire pit and grill, each site also had their own deck! We got lucky as our site was not directly next to other campers, however most sites were pretty close together. It seemed like many of the RVs that were parked were there permanently (or at least for a very long time). Every now and then we’d catch a whiff of sewage smell but other than that it was very quiet and peaceful weekend.

2 issues

I stopped at beautiful lake in May of 2020 while on my bikepacking tour across Oklahoma. I stayed 2 nights in one of the Northwest sights. Hardly any people, but it was in the middle of the week. I stayed in a tent… the grounds were awesome and the full bathroom/showers were spotless. Very well kept However, I noticed within a few hours of setting up camp that roaches started invading my gear. By the end of my second night, I saw more than 10 roaches in various spots in and out of my gear. I even found one packed into one of my bike bags when I got home… dead, luckily. My other complaint is that the noise from neighbors was allowed to go on… only ended by them going to sleep around 2am. They have a noise ordnance clearly posted with a time limit… while the rangers drove through the park regularly, the noise ordinance was not enforced. The other parties besides me we’re all together as a large group, so if I complained, they would’ve known it was me, so I didn’t say anything. I probably should have just asked to be moved

Absolutely beautiful!!!

We stayed at the Blue Jay Drive Campground and it was beautiful! We had three sites 14,15 and 17 number 15 was beautiful right on the lake neighbors were coming by and asking if they can take pictures of the site 15. Make sure you take plenty of water there is no water not even one spigot. They have a vaulted restroom similar to a portapotty. We took our own portable potty and thank god we did so. I would definitely take some seven dust for the little critters at the campsites. It’s very quiet at night and there’s so much to do there.

Stay over

Due to rain and cloudy weather spent 3 nights for electrical hook up, I have solar system so with long periods of no sun just as easy to plug in and pay versus running generator,I have 2 freezers full of meat's for the winter in South Texas at RV park.

Very nice stay!

The campground is very clean and well kept. The staff is amazing. Great location near Beavers Bend for hiking, boating, and fishing. Also near the Mountain Fork river for some kayaking!