Camping in Mack South

332 Reviews of 37 Mack South, Ohio Campgrounds

Ben Jason N.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

LodgeTastic

My partner and I stayed at the campsite. Our spot was great and the hiking was super convenient and amazing! The lodge was SO awesome. A true staple of the 60’s. The food there is a must! Best brisket and pizza we’ve ever had hands down.

Sitecampgrounds
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Beautiful area!

I love camping near water and this lake won’t disappoint! It’s beautiful here, and the amenities are clean. Plenty of flat sites to pick from, to pitch your tent as well. I’ll be sure to return soon!

Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Quick trip!

We were traveling near the Licking River, and needed a spot to pitch the tent for the night.. I never got a chance to explore past just staying the night and leaving early in the morning. I’d definitely like to come back and check out this area as it’s very beautiful here.

Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Love camping here it was great!

We took our boat for fishing  and camped out and had a wonderful time! I highly recommend this place!

Beautiful park!

There’s a beautiful park to stay at that includes a pool! I highly recommend this place!

Tim L.

Nice family spot

The lake and beach area are great. Clean water for swimming. The campground spots are small (too close together) and they don't enforce the quiet time curfew. Neighbors partying till 2am with music that we drowned out with ac running constantly.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Aj jolly

Campgrounds we’re designed for pop up campers limited sites for RVs an Travel Trailers electric was dependable water at most sites plenty of tent sites. They have some equestrian sites and one or two trails For what it is a the location it’s not a bad place. We have camped there. Many many…

J
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Nice but bathrooms need updated

The campground and area is nice. The campers are pretty much all about the water activities. The big lake is nice and long with multiple no wake areas. There are a couple of beach areas. The camp bathrooms are concrete block and pretty clean but old and need updates. Great shower pressure! The…

Site30 amp only.
Rodney L.
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Nice place

Very clean and quiet

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Hidden Gem

Stayed at this campground 3 nights in one of their pull through RV sites. (Sites 8r and 5r) the site was paved and level and had a full hook up. The full hook up sites are in the middle of the camp, thus can be a little noisy. The more scenic sites are along the lake and are gravel and only have…

Site5r and 8r
J
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Beautiful, friendly campgrounds

Enjoying our stay. Owners are updating as we speak and have many more planned. No sewer hookups but have a dump station on site and honey wagon service at trailer for a fee if needed. Tent camping also available. Well off highway so. I road noise to deal with, just lots of squirrels and chipmunks.

SiteB2
Lawrence L.
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Family fun

My family and I visit Cowan Lake several times each year. We always have a great time there. Family not shown

K
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Great place, great time!

Stayed during covid, at a quarter the sites. They were having their Christmas in July celebration. Great time for kids and adults. Very friendly locals.

Linda G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Caeser Creek State Park

We stayed for two weeks having grandkids stay with us. Dump station and fresh water convenient. Large sites. Lots to do in the area.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Great place to stay, just watch your reservation

Hueston Wood, a real gem. The park is about 3000 acres with a beautiful sailing / fishing lake. There is a beautiful lodge and golf course, archery range, and plenty of hiking paths and equestrian paths.

The biggest issue for us was the description of the site at C36 was nothing like the…

• Gravel/grass site