Caldwell, OHIO

Camping Ohio Caldwell

Most Recent Caldwell Camping Reviews
Amazing spring wildflowers

Camp here all the time. Secluded spot and a pretty but easy trail.

Beautiful country

Beautiful trails, waters and scenery. We love tent camping here and it’s cheap! We hit this park every year for camping and lake days on the beach with friends!

Incredible Campground

The Owners are to what I would say in a huge transition stage for this campground. They are making major strides in not only making this a great place to go and stay for the weekend and all season. They have updated the electric, plumbing, the public bathrooms, the stage. Bonus they just opened up a new section that makes you feel like you are on your own piece of heaven.

I guess one of the most awesome things is you become family with others in the campground and everyone looks out for each other.

I have recommended this place to others and have had others come out to enjoy what this place has to offer. After making recommendations 2 of our friends have purchased campers and have become seasonal campers.

Family campground

Great sized campground. Some shady sites backed up to the woods.

Huge park

Lots of places to camp & explore. Trails near the water are incredible. Amazing family campground.

Small but pretty

Not a lot of sights but very pretty. Some gorgeous trails around the lake. Tiny camp store.

Jelly stone had just taken over, but you could tell updates were on the way. The shower house needs some attention, but they were usable. Kids really enjoyed everything. Free tricycles to ride around. Bouncy area, lake with a trampoline and activities all the time.

Fantastic!

We loved it. Our kids had a blast and didn’t run out of things to do or kids to play with. We weren’t very far from mold Mans Cave either.

Big campground with lots of amenities

This is a nice state park with a ton of sites. We were there in late October and it was super quiet. There weren’t many people around at all which was kinda nice. They do have an awesome laundry facility with commercial washers. I definitely took advantage of that. There are basketball courts, playgrounds, a disc golf course, mountain biking trails, hiking trails– you name it! Tons of amenities here and the facilities are really nice. The nearby town of Zanesville has a lot of stores too if you need anything.

Hikers' Heaven

North Bend State Park is located at the halfway point of the 72-mile North Bend Rail Trail, so it’s a great camping spot for hikers, bikers and horseback riders who want to explore this scenic trail which crosses 35-bridges and cuts through 11-tunnels where the B&O Railroad used to travel.

I highly recommend this trail to hikers because the scenery is spectacular, the wildlife plentiful, and the tunnels are really cool. The trail passes through some quaint towns such as the former oil boom-town of Cairo where many of the buildings from the late 1800’s and early 1900’s are still standing.

North Bend State Park has a year-round lodge, year-round cabins and two campgrounds open from mid-April to mid-November.

The Cokeley Campground has 28-sites with both water and electricity, picnic tables and fire pits. The bathhouse includes a small coin-op laundry. It’s close to the boat dock at North Bend Lake. I didn’t select this campground because it doesn’t have much shade.

I stayed at the River Run Campground which has 49-sites along the shores of the North Fork of the Hughes River with electric and non-electric sites to choose from. Four sites are ADA accessible. Each site has paved parking, a picnic table and fire pit. The bathhouse was clean and nicely tiled with hand soap and paper towels provided. The on-site staff was extremely friendly and you get a generous wheelbarrow full of firewood, cut from local downed trees, for$5.

The lodge looked a little dated, but had a good home-style restaurant which was popular with travelers. The year-round cabins have been updated with ADA wheelchair ramps and wraparound decks. I may return and rent one after the campground closes so I can do some cross- country skiing on the North Bend Rail Trail this winter.

I paddled on the North Bend Lake which was extremely peaceful and beautiful, with the colors of fall surrounding me on all sides. I brought my own kayak, but they had boats for rent. There were several fishermen on the water and on the lakeside dock. They told me they catch bass and catfish at this 300-acre lake. The trail around the lake would be good for birders because I spotted ducks, hawks and wood-peckers.

North Bend State Park would be good for kids because they have playgrounds, mini-golf and an outdoor swimming pool(closed when I visited in October, but looked really nice).