Amberley , OHIO

Camping Ohio Amberley

Most Recent Amberley Camping Reviews
Halloween Weekend

Third year attending this weekend for Halloween. I never decorate for Halloween but with everything going on in 2020 I said what the heck. I think it turned out nice but not good enough to be a winner. This KOA is a Holiday and there is plenty of staff and activities for the entire family.

It was OK

This is our second time staying at this park. The first time it was at the end of the season so I figured I would at least give it a second try. This is a 3.5 rating in my opinion but it has to be a 3 or 4 star. Awesome host, very attentive, pleasant, polite and helpful. She is everywhere and doing everything. The campgrounds have several sites in multiple sections. I love the large fire pits. There is plenty for the children to do, basketball court included the 13 year old rated it 4 5 and stated a pretty nice playground. There are sever beanbag toss games. I believe you have to bring your own bags. I wish there was a little more effort put into the grounds themselves. Gravel on the drives going to the sites, hay/straw for areas where mud is present, fill in some of the standing water sites and have a few more full hook up pull through sites. Also, I was not happy with the location of my firepit, I felt like we were right outside our neighbors window. It was too far from the site itself and too close to the road. We had a wonderful time while we were here and this was our second visit. I was happy there were sites for all 6 families in a short time period.

A real hidden gem

Throughly loved the campground. While the campground was full, you didn't feel like you were on top of others.

If you can snag a premium electric sites it would be worth it as they overlook the lake. The lake is pretty much a kayak/canoe only lake with fishing.

Beautiful park, clean bathrooms

This is primarily an RV campground and it’s HUGE with many loops. The ground is hilly and parts hold water so there are few tent spots. We brought tents…

At first I was a bit disappointed. However I decided to focus on the positive. The trees are big and mature. The restrooms extremely clean, the shower a pressure washer. All good things in my book.

Also adding to the positives, there is a nearby bike trail that is a 2.5 mile (also hilly) ride into a tiny cute town. My teenagers loved the freedom and got doughnuts, candy and pizza on their free time.

The trails in this park are very well kept. Some trail group has cleaned out huge sections of invasive species. Impressive and beautiful trails. They are not all marked well however so use a map!

We came across some nice backpacking sites that the park has set up. Perhaps next time!

This is a giant park and you can drive to the beach and watch the boats and enjoy a picnic.

Overall a great visit!

Great place for families

Nice flat camping areas for most sites, small campground with great views of playground for most sites near there. Clean restrooms, easy hook up and set up.

Great amenities

This campground was a little more than what we usually spend per night, but we had come specifically to visit friends staying here. We were given a small discount for paying cash. The pull thru FHU sites were level and had enough room for our tow vehicle. There was a nice picnic table, but the placement of the fire ring was a little odd. It sat at one end of our site but right up against the site next to us, so trying to sit around a campfire would have been a little awkward. There wasn't any shade on the pull thru sites. There was a laundry room, but it was out of order the entire time. We didn't use the showers, but the bathrooms were clean. There was a camp store, and they did have propane and firewood. They did allow fishing(catch& release) in the lake and also offered canoes and pedal boats for use at no extra charge. There was also a nice walking trail around the lake. The campground is located on the Ohio/Indiana state line with the Kentucky border just across the Ohio River.

Awesome - Flexibility

I love this campground. There are several different types of sites to choose from. Not just full hook up, electric, water and tent VS RV. They have sites that are typical, sites that extend into a private wooded area, a site with a water view, and sites that extend into the woods that join together where multiple campers can join together.

We did a little family reunion here. This way each family had their own site and could walk into the woods down their own path to be together. So peaceful, you are not allowed to put up tents in these areas due to potential falling trees but it is nice to enjoy.

Several walking paths and some will lead you to the water.

Huge lake

This campground has a huge lake. The campground itself has a different access point than the state park. If you have a boat in our camping this is a really nice feature. We had a spot at the end of a loop in the cul-de-sac area. Those spots are the largest by far. They can fit about 3 to 4 RVs, although not permitted. We were camping in the early spring, So there wasn’t a lot of foliage yet. Hopefully in the summer there’s more shaded areas

Best around

Amazing place for the price and proximity to the city!! Just wish there was more hiking trails

I love camping there

I've been there several times and never had a bad experience.