The #1 Camping App
Camp with confidence with the highest-ranked camping app for both iOS and Android. Search more than 500,000 listings, reviews, and tips for campsites across the U.S.
Enter your phone number to get the app.
This campground we heard about from another camper and was telling us about we went last weekend camping and loved it VERY friendly staff and family oriented lots of activities and just one of those places you feel like your at home . Highly recommend and very nice bathroom's and showers. Will definitely be back!!
Nice, quiet campground that has lots of things for the kids to do. Looking forward to the expansion to be completed and to see the entire campground up and running.
Beautiful sites and lake front camping have a loop for first come first serve
Things to know:
- Area is managed by Durham Parks and Rec.. the campground is on a hill above Lake Michie. -You are supposed to make reservations but most folks don’t.
- Sites are numbered, with a large group camping area and small hiking trails.
- There are pit toilets and water (seasonal, typically on March thru October). -The driveway shares with the Spruce Pine Lodge, which has a parking area and playground area. This is a rental for events.
- On occasion there is a chain across the drive into the camping area (typically winter months).
- Beware of locals pulling in late at night to do adult things in their cars.
Lake Michie is one of Durham’s water reservoir. This property is actually managed by Durham Park and Rec and you are supposed to pay to reserve; however most folks do not. This site is primitive and borders the lake. The road is very rutted and unkempt. Two pit toilets are located nearby and well hidden. There is a small stone fire pit with a grill top attached.
Large field and dispersed camping throughout the area. Plenty of pine straw and wood to use for a fire.
The road in is also someone’s driveway so use caution.
We stayed at this rv campground while visiting the many things to see and do in Greensboro North Carolina. visitgreensboronc.com
The rv sites are all pull thru nearly level, big gravel sites. We had plenty of room for ort 45' plus toad. There is a nice large K9 park. Playground. The best WIFI we have experienced and many free antenna tv channels. The restrooms and laundry were both neat and clean. The hosts were wonderfully friendly and knowledgeable. Will return for a longer stay.
Mostly camping clean access to lake with boats kayak sailboats
Really great views, particularly in the fall. Never really crowded. Great hiking trails or you can just read and cook by the fire. Have been going there for years with my kids. An excellent, little known spot.