The best BOAT IN camping near
Foscoe , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Foscoe Camping Reviews
Great Campground

We stayed at the Carolina Hemlocks campground while taking a road trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway. Very private campground that borders the South Toe River. Nice tubing put in and a great swimming spot directly in the campground. The bathrooms and shower was well taken care. Very friendly camp hosts. We stayed in site 31, which was a nice wooded private spot in the back of the campground.

Great Location

We stayed for two nights, a little away from the main camp area but was kinda glad for it. Had a great spot tucked into the woods near the water. Great path to skip rocks and just enjoy. Fire pit was a little weird but made it work. We were close to the road which was kind of a bummer but as I mentioned, not in the main area so probably can’t fault it for that.

When driving through the main area though, spaces were pretty tight, very full, and not all seemed friendly for a camper/RV though there were some. It was truly beautiful though, gas station on the way in and downtown Burnsville/grocery store wasn’t too far away.

Pretty & Pleasant

We stayed in Long Arm paddle-in area 2. Park staff was not very helpful at all when we first arrived, but despite the attitude and the terrible rainy weather, we found our site fairly easily. As other reviews here and elsewhere mention, the tent pads don’t drain well and huge puddles develop- some sites were completely overtaken by a full inch of water. Thankfully the rain stopped on our first night, but it could definitely ruin a trip. The privy was nice to have, but I could smell it at every campsite and that definitely bothered me. Overall a decent weekend, but my suspicions that I am just not a Lake Person were confirmed.

A must do! We will be back!

What a treat. This park is at milepost 297.1 of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Our campsite E02 was on one side of the parkway, the Julian Price Lake was on the other side. This was not a problem, easy to cross. Probably one of my all time favorite hikes- Boone Fork Trail. We have a dog that could have gone w us, but the hike would have been tough on her (10 years old) we were glad she wasn't with us. Rocks to climb over, ladders, etc.  The canoe rental on the lake was great! We fished for brim, had a ball. There is Wifi at the lake/boat rental. Connectivity was null otherwise! We loved this campground, picturesque, friendly, space between sites was generous. Our site was the entry site for all of E loop and F loop= lots of traffic, but we booked late and was glad to have it. No hookups, so you must be self contained. Dump and potable water is available at the entrance. Firewood to buy from the boat rental at the lake. All was spectacular!

Good views

Stayed here for a night. Had a spacious site near the entrance of campground. They provide wood, $6 a bundle. Bathrooms were eh. Dump station on site. Potable water. Good campground. Nice trails on campground also! Would be lots of fun in the summer!

Great trip

This was a great weekend trip. Camp sites were large and had enough privacy! Very clean bathrooms and showers! Would highly recommend.

We have been pretty happy with our stay

Great little spot for a family get away. We came in late after leaving another place down the road that was just awful. They waited until we arrived even though it was after the office closed.

They have a lot of little activities during the day and even for the family. We would stay here again, I just wish it was a little cheaper ($57 a night full hook ups)and it would be nice if cell phone service was better as there is pretty much one bar everywhere you go in the camp ground for Verizon.

One of NC's Best Car Camping Spots

We love this campground.  The bathrooms are a bit rough, but we have never caught anything from them so they must not be too bad.

I can do all my favorite outdoor activities here without driving anywhere.  There is fishing, canoeing, hiking, and some awesome mountain biking.  The sites are nicely spaced with trees between them.  You need to plan on buying firewood at the campground.  Temps are usually a bit cooler than in the big piedmont cities which is another plus.

Great high country campground

This campground is minutes from Blowing Rock NC, which makes it super popular. There are restaurants and grocery stores nearby. There are two sides: the A-side is next to the lake but has no showers, just flush toilets, water spigots, and a food storage area. The other side has newer bathhouses.

RV spots have electric hookups, tent spots do not. Many on lakeside have to be reserved in advance and are not as isolated as they may appear on the recreation.gov website. If you are thinking the “first come first served campsites” that are lakeside will be up for grabs at any given time you will be disappointed. I would recommend reserving one if possible. Tent pads are decent and will have some small gravel in them, they will for a standard six persons tent but that’s about it. Fire rings are standard size and sites have a lantern post, along with a cement top picnic table.

Note that if you are towing a trailer and tenting you may have issues finding a place to park. Solid campground with friendly staff.

Awesome campground

We really enjoyed this campground. My husband and I were able to launch our kayaks from our campsite.. we did have to walk down a fairly steep bank to do this. We also swam from the bank. Campsite was great! Plenty of room and spaced out well. My only complaint was that the second night we were there a family with two kids camped next to us and they were LOUD! I have kids and loud kids don’t bother me at all, during the day. But these kids were out running around the campground screaming past midnight. The campground hosts were right across from these people. So quiet time was obviously not observed. It was very annoying, being woke up at 1:30 AM hearing a kid screaming about the fish he caught, he was right next to our campsite!! Other than that this campground was awesome!