the dyrt
Drive In, Walk In, Hike In
Clarence Fahnestock State Park is located in New York
4 Reviews of Clarence Fahnestock State Park
Woodsy but old

We stayed at this campground a few years ago for a friend’s birthday. There are a lot of activities and amenities. The sites were ok, some are larger than others. The bathrooms weren’t very clean, but I think they are doing renovations. It does give you the feeling that you’re in a real campground though.

Amazing!

This is one of my favorite places to go camping with friends. It is so close to the city and has easy access to all the wonderful things in the area. It is also incredibly beautiful in the fall and can be combined with delicious apple picking. Try and go ahead and reserve in advance a private site, otherwise the group sites are great for meeting new people.

Good Campground

The site was a decent size but we had to park across the street instead of on our site. I prefer my car on my site and during busy season parking is limited and it can be a walk. Some sites are bike in as well. It was enjoyable but there was not much for the kids to do they couldn’t ride bikes because the main strip was too busy. We went to the beach also but that’s another long walk from car to lake. I don’t mind walking but with all the beach stuff and all the tent stuff I prefer sites with parking close by. Had to drive to the beach because it was so far

Dog-Friendly Camping with long season

This has become one of my go-to campsites for a quick escape from NYC! Especially for that one last trip in November due to their long season. Ample campgrounds with the choice to hike in or drive in. Friendly people, great hiking and easy to get to from NYC.