The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Deer Run , NEW YORK

Camping New York Deer Run Standard (Tent/RV)

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Deer Run Camping Reviews
Best kept secret. Tucked away

Awesome camping resort. Seasonal rates are excellent. We stayed from April until October then decided to stay over winter. They have a small winter section. You'll have the entire mountain side all to yourself! Snowshoe, cross country ski. Winter campfires. Owners Mike and Sherri are great. Dumpsters, laundry with coin machine. Very remote. Windy as all get out. Elevation about 1409 feet. View of the sunrise over the entire valley are awesome. Very very cool place. Some summer residents are a bit into their music, mostly on weekends. Bring your golf cart and beer cooler 🙄. Cov… I'm not saying that word, reduced activities here but it was still awesome. Two ponds to fish in, one you can swim in, kid friendly small pool, horseshoes and huge field to hit golf balls in with 3 holes. Pet friendly. Kid friendly. Huge club house and store that was closed for the big. Arcade, grill, pool table and small store. Lp gas. Wifi is so so. Backed up to state forest land. Enjoy!!!

Quiet and convenient .

A nice little campground. Pool was clean. Nice layout and spacious sites. Management can be a little overly zealous though. Speed limit of 5mph is very strictly enforced and god forbid you forget to hang your parking pass in your vehicle. This is a stoning offense. Close to Saratoga though and nice back roads.

Overall, nice.

We spent a relatively quiet long weekend here on loop F 97, which is a bit removed from the main campground. It was a bit noisy on Saturday night but nothing disturbing.  This site also is bordered by a small stream so expect mosquitoes and the occasional visit from wildlife (we had raccoons at our site each night, so kept food in the car). Each site has a fire pit and a picnic table.

There is a store just outside the entrance that sells ice, wood, groceries.  There are quite a few roadside firewood sellers that are reasonably priced.  The fire pit does not have a narrow grilling grate so bringing something to ensure your food won't fall through the widely spaced bars is helpful.

As I said, our site was out of the main population, but it was a bit of a hike to the restroom which is something to keep in mind if you've really got to get to a bathroom first thing in the morning.

There is a Walmart about 10 miles away in Gloverville, so keep this in mind if you are planning on picking up essentials when you arrive.

There are no sites with electric.

Great camping spot

We used this as a base camp for doing some day hikes nearby. Bathrooms were clean, it was pretty quiet, and most of the sites were separated by 10-20 feet of trees. The sites are not big, but easily fit 2 cars, 2 tents, and still had plenty of room around the fire ring. The lake was also a great place to cool off after a hike.

Lots to do

Stayed 1 night passing thru. Mike and vicki were friendly. Electric and water hookups. WiFi was great. Cable tv hookups, also. Dump station on site was convenient. Also, they had propane there, so I topped off. Beautiful campground. They’ve clearly been upgrading. Roads have fresh gravel. Sites are level and clean. Bathrooms are clean. Get a site on the river 👌🏻. Very close to Lake George activities and attractions.

Geared toward seasonal campers.

Don't get me wrong it is a very nice place.  We had a nice spot on the lake and were able to fish from our spot.  Which I heard will be given up to more seasonal sites.  I was hoping to be able to use the bathrooms and showers since I broke my foot and in awalking boot and using a shower chair.  But not only were they yuk there were absolutely no handicap stalls in the closest bathroom and I'm (newly) in a walking boot and needed a hand rail (more than I realized I did even since the toilets are those that are tiny and sit close to the ground).  2 other restrooms I tried to access were not at all accessible.  Facilities were not terribly ADA friendly!  For the $$ they could do more for their facilities.  I didn't get to experience the store or anywhere else due to COVID.

Great time at a great campground

It’s ironic that there are a lot of campgrounds out there that call themselves a“resort” and yet the one that truly is a resort, doesn’t. Lake George RV Park is, simply said, amazing. The grounds are well kept, the facilities are modern and clean, hookups were perfect, site was level, staff is super friendly and helpful. There are quite a bit of seasonals but all of their sites and equipment were well-kept. There is everything you can imagine to do, if not here then nearby. I stayed here in October and can imagine that the place must be really hopping over the summer. The camp store has just about everything you can imagine. Walking from one end of the camp to the other is a hike in itself.

But of course, you have to pay for all of that delicious goodness– the fees are not for the feint of heart. The roads throughout the camp can be confusing just from the sheer number of them. Some sites look quite close together and others are more spread out but you can discern the difference from their map.

Not only would I return, but I don’t want to leave!

quaint but muddy

The park is a quaint little place that reminds me of an older state park. No full hookups, sites are decently sized for the most part. The roads within the park are very narrow and washed out in places. The 30 amp electric had high voltage and my surge protector wouldn't let it through, I used the 50 amp instead and it was fine. The sites are all dirt and it rained all day and it turned to all mud. Some sites were underwater. The staff was extremely friendly and check-in was quick and easy(lucky, since it was pouring rain). It was very quiet but it was off-season and during the week. My Garmin put me about 1/2 mile away from the entrance. Look for the little blue"Mt. Greylock" signs to guide you down the dirt road to the camp entrance.

Peaceful and Serene

My family has came up every summer for as long as I can remember. I now take my children and will start taking the grandkids this coming 2021 Summer. The staff and Ranger John are wonderful. I love the area and hiking as well as the beach. Its always peaceful and well kept. I never had a bad experience!!

Easy tent camping

Stayed here for a night with a group of friends prior to heading up to the AT. It was late fall, so things were quiet and we weren't using all the amenities. But it was exactly what we were looking for. Easy to park and setup the tents, we had an RV spot so there was power, and a nice little fire pit. Bath house was a short walk and had no problems.