The best RV SITES camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent North Dorchester Camping Reviews
NOT RECOMMENDED IN WINTER

This review is about my winter experience. I visited for one night in the fall and my experience was a lot better. I DO NOT recommend this campground in the winter. I feel that the owners/managers are very neglectful. They do a bad job plowing (my rig bottomed out twice on snow banks) and I fishtailed on the access road. They don’t salt or sand anywhere on the premises. The walkway to the bathroom (see photo) are not cleared of snow. I was very worried to slip and fall. I’m extremely surprised that they haven’t been sued yet for injury. Well, maybe they have. I don’t know. Tammie at the reception is very nice, but no one seems to take responsibility for the state of the campground in the summer. The trash was piling up outside the dumpster (see picture). Sadly, I didn’t take a picture of the filthy bathrooms. Look, I knew that it was a modest campground. The cost for a winter seasonal site reflected that. But modest and dirty are two different things. I will NOT return. Actually moved to a different campground in the area even though I had paid in full til the end of the season. What finally triggered my move was when a can got stuck on the ice and almost ran into the car that was parked next to my rig. I could not risk my camper being ruined by some irresponsible people (the two dudes who used ridiculous methods to try and get the van unstuck as well as the owners who didn’t make sure the access road wouldn’t become an ice rink.) each time I entered the access road I was anxious and worried that I would make it to my campsite without getting stuck. Ugh! That’s not enjoyable.

Great location for camping in NH

We stayed for a winter weekend, they have a few transient sites that can accommodate RV's year round. There are a ton of full time seasonal RV's as many people use this campground as a base for snow machining. Cons: Lots of rules: must provide a$10.00 refundable cash deposit for gate card, bring cash or else enjoy the atm fees, the age limit for hot tub is 14 YO and strictly enforced, Lots of entrenched seasonal single wides that give this facility a mobile home park feel. The hot water in the showers either never happened or took 5 min or more to actually get hot enough to shower, The small green benches in the shower stalls hadn't been moved and cleaned under in a while, lots of nastiness down there. My brother in law came to pick up clothes for his kids from us and we had to pay $8.00 for him to be in the camp for 45 min, it sucks to be nickel and dimed. Pros: Friendly and attentive staff, location, 4 season, heated indoor pool and hot tub, Book at Meredith Woods, also use Clearwater Campground across the way, 4 way hook ups, fair cost per night (in winter, not sure about peak costs) camp store prices were fair. I would consider trying this campground in the warmer months, apparently they fill up and with two campgrounds in one, that makes sense.

Great campground and park!

We stayed on Labor Day weekend, so it was probably louder and more crowded than usual. But even still for a completely full campground it was nice! The sites are pretty spacious and there were enough suitable trees to hang two hammocks. Bathrooms were nice and clean. We rented both a canoe and kayaks and it was such a nice experience. The views from the lake are incredible. The beach area is very nice and has lots of tables and grills. We were able to hear the loons calling on the lake at night too. We’ll definitely be back, both for camping and day trips.

Great Campground

Very clean and well manicured Campground. Friendly. Helpful staff.

Family camping

Absolutely beautiful place to camp!

Awesome winter camping

Stayed here for two nights in late December. Site #40 along the river was close to the bathroom yet had plenty of privacy from other sites. The campgrounds were well cared for and the staff was friendly. There are some nice looking tent only sites we plan to experience come springtime. Water would have earned it five stars.

Our favorite Park in the whole Vt. State Park system

Quiet little park on Ricker Pond. I have been camping at this park for 50 years. 3 generations of our family get together when we can. The pond is great for swimming, kayaking, fishing and exploring. Plenty of things to do in the Groton State Forest as well. Plenty of prime lean-to and tent sites on the wate. Site #8 is our favorite but it is very popular

Nice wooded sites, but near road

This campground off 49 in the southern part of the White Mountain National Forest offers sites along two loops that run parallel to the road. The sites on the southern site of the loop are VERY close to the road.  the sites are generally level and a decent size. Unlike many of national forest campgrounds, this one offers both flush toilets and showers. I was in site 9, which offered ample space for my vehicle and teardrop.

I stayed here on a June weekend in 2019 and the campground was not full. The back sites fill up earlier because they provide a little more distance from the road. Although some sites are reservable, others are saved for first come, first served, so it's a good option if you're heading to the mountains last minute.

It's in a great location if you want to enjoy some popular hikes such as Welch-Dickey, with great open ledges, and the Osceolas. A few other 4000-footers in the area include Mt Tecumseh and the Tripyramids. It's also close to I-93 if you want to head a little farther north to the Kanc. The Pemi river offers tubing, kayaking, and boating opportunities. If you're looking for outdoor resort activities, Waterville Valley offers biking and disc golf. Grab some ice cream after a hike or other outdoor fun at the Bear Den. Fishing opportunities on Campton Pond and the Mad River.

Great location, easy access to the Gorge.

We hit this campground for one over night as we past through. Good spot with easy access to the Gorge. Bathroom were clean and the grounds were quite at night.

Great Family Campground

This was our first visit to Silver Lake and I wished we had found it earlier.  The sites are spaced nicely and the bathhouses are convenient and clean.  The beach is great with a fun dock to jump off of.  It is a great lake for kayaking and paddleboarding.