Wells, NEVADA

Most Recent Wells Camping Reviews
Beautiful Scenery and Quiet

Stunning view of the Ruby Mountains from the campground. Both loops have easy access to the vault toilets and dumpsters. There is water at the main entrance but it’s a hand pump. The only drawbacks are that the sites are not very level and it would be difficult to get a rig longer than 30 feet into most of the sites.

Tabor Creek Campground

20 miles of dirt road road puts you fairly remote. If you don’t mind a few washboards for a $2 a night stay it is well worth the travel. Past an old homestead that was over a hundred years old, not far from 12 mile hot springs and the Jarbidge Wilderness. Great trails leaving camp where you could hike and use ATVs all day without running out of country to explore. Campground was quiet and had only 1 other group camped up higher. Lower spots have willows, upper spots have a few aspens with all spots right next to a creek that was running in late summer that you can hear running from your camp. Green, mowed grass which was nice. Tables could use a refinish and one site actually had a table in the creek. Did not go in any of the three bathrooms stretched along the creek but I would guess they could use some TLC due to the lack of management presence. No fires were allowed in the fire pits due to fire season but it had rained for 2 nights and no one from the BLM had changed the restriction. No cell phone service. No WiFi. Pack out you own trash and waste water. No water available. For $2 a night with endless country to explore it isn’t bad at all.

This place is ran by a convicted child molester

If you have children of any age I suggest that you find a different place to stop for the night. A convicted child molester runs this place. His name is Mathew Blake and also goes by Mathew KEITH TYRELL Blake. His charges can be read here http://www.nvsexoffenders.gov/OffenderDetails.aspx?Display=Main&Id=22112 just enter his first and last name in the search box to get all the details.

Family friendly? I would say NOT!

Clean, reasonably priced

Clean, easy access but far enough off highway to reduce noise, friendly, reasonable.

We didn’t stay hete

We drove through this gravel parking lot smashed behind a hotel. It looked very run down and unappealing so we decided not to stay there. Train tracks behind the site with trains that go through all night (stayed in a nearby place with same problem).

Nice but noisy

We spent a night in hot August here in our Westfalia camping van. There are no tent sites but cabins and RV spots. Nice bathrooms, showers, a playroom with a ping pong table. The cabins looked attractive. It looked like a lot of people were there long-term. It really is more for RVers and those that want to stay in a cabin. I would recommend, except there is a train that goes by at least two times and blows its horn (this on a Saturday night). The coyotes in the middle of the night were wonderful but the trains weren’t. Also I had trouble getting on the internet with my iPhone 6–couldn’t connect to their WiFi.

Power House group and single day use area. 5 stars cleanest bathrooms ever.

Power House is a day use picnic area near Lamoille Nevada they take group reservations. Cleanest restrooms ever and an awsome Host Dale Allen.take a day and go see this beautiful place and picnic w/ family.

Day use picnic area

This is a beautiful day use Picnic area ((Power house for groups and single picnics) on the banks of Spring Creek. They have great views of the Creek very nice clean restrooms and the host Dale is the best.

Quiet and clean

We were traveling from Tahoe to Yellowstone and just needed a place to spend the night. This campground is very well kept. The staff was very friendly and helpful.They offer a 20% off coupon to use at the Hilton GardenInn restaurant. Their Gym and business office is also available for use if you stay  at the camp ground. There is a dog walk available and also a small pool. Very quiet and in walking distance to casino

Hidden off the road

On the edge of town, lots of nice large spaces. Very friendly staff.

Beautiful!

We stopped to camp here on a trip to Northern California and we were not disappointed. We were in campsite 26 which backed right up to water. It was great! We had a beautiful view of the canyon valley and the stars at night were perfect. Plenty of space and privacy.

12 Mile Hot Spring

At least 6 dispersed sites on the road leading to 12 mile hot spring. If you get lucky , there is one spot at the springs and a few past the spring. We stayed about .20 miles before the spring along Bishop Creek. The creek water is warm from the hot spring and made for some fun exploring and even cooling off on a hot July day! We stayed for two nights and saw people come and go to the hot spring but very few people camped. Expect locals who visit the spring for a day trip. No services, take everything with you! Search ultimate hot springs guide to get more hot spring info.

awesome!

This is 6,200 foot elevation 8 miles outside Wells, Nevada. Peaceful camping in an aspen grove with fire pits, toilet, trash receptacle. If you’re a birder it’s got high desert birds, raptors. I saw my first Lewis’s woodpecker, watched a Harrier hunting, a flock of soaring, bug eating Common Nighthawks, deer everywhere. Stunning views of the terrain. Designated tent pitching squares, kinda rocky but fine with a protective footprint.

Crisp mountain fresh air,beautiful scenery

I live close by, but love to go out and spend time traveling up here and just enjoying the scenery. The wildflowers are fabulous and there are just so many of them. I really enjoy looking over the beaver dams along the creeks. The mountains are great for hikes,I just have yet to do it due to bad ankles from broken ankles, but; have had friends tell me they enjoy it.

An amazing experience

This was a one night stop on a road trip, but we had an incredible experience and plan to return. After driving through the desert for most of the day, we were amazed to climb into the mountains and be in an alpine environment. The elevation is 8400 feet, and the views are incredible. There were so many wildflowers in bloom, in such artfully arranged groups of color and form. The sunset was unreal, with the sinking sun illuminating the clouds from underneath. And the stars - oh my god, I've never seen so many stars. We do a lot of camping, and this is at least in my top 10 of awe-inspiring overnight stays.

There are cattle grazing in the area, and our dog couldn't resist rolling in fresh cow poop. Luckily I was prepared to give him a bath and wash his harness, and the surroundings were so stunning that I couldn't get mad at either the dog or the cows. There was no drinking water available. The vault toilets were clean and maintained. There were mosquitoes, so be prepared.

Beautiful, unexpected gem

about twenty minutes off of hwy 80 uphill all the way. completely shocked to see a beautiful small lake stocked with fish. backdrop to the lake is a beautiful mountain with a little snow left on it on July 1st. caught numerous fish. vault toilets and right now there is no running water so bring your own. campgrounds feel pretty private because of small trees but not a lot of shade. lake also great for SUP and kayak. small campsites but I think this is a gem for a road trip stopover along hwy 80.

Great price

We only stayed here one night, it was just a half way stopping point for us going into Utah. What they consider to be a pool was extremely small. The pool and the jacuzzi were about the same size, however you do have full access to the Hilton next door. The Wi-Fi and the phone service here worked great. There are no fire pits and no fires are allowed. the park was extremely clean and well-maintained. And at the casino just down the street on a Friday night they had all-you-can-eat prime rib. very affordable prices. Would definitely return.

Great camping spot!

This is a really nice campground! Awesome hiking trails, beautiful views, spacious camp sites, clean bathrooms, nice camp host! I’ll be coming back to this spot. I believe it’s $18 a night.

Overnight stay

Beautiful location. Close enough to the highway to stay here on a road trip but far enough that the only sounds I noticed at night were the deer or elk in the area