Saint Paul, NEBRASKA

Most Recent Saint Paul Camping Reviews
Will stay again

Clean, all hookups, next to city park. Reasonable $15 nite

Mormon Island

Nice campground with access to fish 3 lakes! Very nice camp host!

Hall County Park

Cool campground with lots of playground equipment, easy access to walking and bike paths and right next to Stuhr Museum which is well worth a trip!

Trade Winds

Awesome marina, great bait shop and restaurant! The campsites vary some in size and a few can feel cramped if campground is full.

Nice

Friendly staff, reservations made easy, clean bathrooms, very accommodating

Great stop!

Stopped on a trip from SD back to PA. Surrounded by corn fields… so pretty. We were starving and they had pizza delivered right to our camper! So glad we found this place!

Easy Highway Access

Nebraska is abounding with recreation areas many within a reasonable distance of the main highway running across the state.   But War Axe, a much smaller area offers immediate access to fishing and fun within only 30 seconds of the highway!!

I visited this area and quickly was surprised by how such a small location could have such a great opportunity for someone like myself to enjoy a quiet day at a small lake.   Despite being so close to the highway, the location is quiet and calm, a perfect way to spend a day or up to 10 days.

There isn't much to say about this site that is negative, the grass is a plush green and backs up to a corn field, so iconically Nebraska!!   The site is small and only caters to a handful of campers at $10 per site.    While primitive there is a flush toilet with running water making it feel not quite as primitive as other sites along the same stretch.     Lush trees shade the camping zones and a small boat launch offers those stopping in. the opportunity to get in the water or enjoy the small shoreline.

One thing to be said for any recreation area in Nebraska is a friendly reminder that you will need an access pass to stay here or even visit.   These cannot be obtained at the site and must be repurchased before visiting either online or at one of the main offices.   This I found to be a big inconvenience throughout the entire state as I passed by on a weekend and was unaware.

The area is well patrolled and actually a ranger was present when I visited.   He was a great source of information and allowed me to access the area despite my lack of knowledge of the pass requirement.   There is no gate or monitoring when you enter only an honor box near the restrooms.

Campsites are marked with tables and fire rings and any restrictions are posted at the same area as the honor box.

I loved this location and would gladly stop in again if in the area!!  Very cute and small, not busy and easy to access makes for the perfect place to spend a day or night.

Tips:

• Make sure to look online and get your pass for any Nebraska parks or rec areas before traveling to.
  • Bring anything you need with you as there are no services.   Since this is along a major highway you are only a short distance from stores if you forget something but better come with everything rather than having to find them after.
Really nice!!

We were VERY satisfied here. The price was more than usual but it is a private facility. Beautiful sites, ponds for fishing. Camp store well attended. Staff and service excellent. Two state parks on the island give plenty of natural wonders, including a small beach. Location is so cool!

Aug 5th-11th

While camping at Morman Island, we went through one of the worst storms! 85 to 90 mile an hour winds with hail! It was bad enough to go through the storm but it really was bad that not one person from the campground came around to check on us the next morning! They really just concentrated on the clean up. The priorities were messed up. At the time of the storm there were only 25 campers in the whole place. How long would it have taken to check on the well being of those 25 campers! There was no prior warning of the storm from anybody at the campground. Other campgrounds that we’ve stayed at, we always have had a heads up. The pictures are from the morning after. Not just a little blow! Overall the visit wasn’t the best with the storm and all. There are several rules that are clearly posted throughout the grounds and at the pond. Dogs on a 6 ft leash. No floaties in the swimming area. No dogs on the beach. No parking on the grass. All of these were being violated and not one person from the staff could be seen addressing any issues. People were doing whatever they wanted to. I would have loved to let my dog go swimming but it was against the rules. The section we were in was a new section, but we could not even let our dog out in our camp site because of an abundance of stickers and burrs! She at one point just laid down because of her paws filled with burrs and could not walk any more. This was in our site. I’m not sure if anyone else had the same problem. The facilities were very clean. (They need a shower house in the new section). Making the reservation was very easy. The people we did talk to were very nice.

Davis Creek Campground site 72 review plus ADA review.

Davis creek is a 67 camp site (25 primitive/2 ADA, 42 electric/3 ADA) nestled in rolling hills of Valley county Nebraska on the Davis Creek reservoir.  Camping is permitted year round although water is only available April 1 to November 30th.  There is also a camp host in the RV section from April-Nov.  There are no established trails for hiking but the gravel roads throughout the camp are used for walking and bike riding.

This is a lake and campground that went from very primitive just over 20 years ago to a top notch natural resource district campground and recreation area.  The NRD is investing heavily in this campground with large shelters, shower house (bring quarters), 2 boat ramp areas, large fish cleaning station, ADA ramps, fishing docks, and a small swimming beach.  The rumor from the locals is that the entire campground will be electric in the near future.  I was really impressed to find free WiFi added in 2019!  The WiFi was strong and reliable everywhere in the campground.

I camped on site 72 which is an electrical site capable of facilitating smaller RV’s, campers or tents.  Site 72 was near water, a brick restroom building and the shower building.  You’ll be hard pressed to find any adequate shade at any of the sites here although the row of 60’s will offer some late day/evening shade.  All of the sites have very nice concrete pads with large fire rings with grilling grates in addition to large concrete pads with picnic tables.  There is plenty of green space at most sites and at 72 we set up horseshoe stakes and had all the room we needed.

The lake:  we took our kayaks out and did some fishing on this campout.  Access to the lake is easy with nice wide boat ramps at two different let in’s.  This is a popular fishing and water sport lake that does allow skiing and high speed water sports.  If you like to fish I recommend going to the inlet a couple of miles North of the campground, it seems to be the most popular spot for on water and shore-line fishing.  We trolled lines behind our kayaks and caught white bass on this Memorial Day weekend in 2019.

ADA site:  There was a really nicely designed ADA site next to site 72 that I think is worth mentioning here.  The site was flat with a concrete path that connected the site to the walking path to the restrooms.  The fire ring and picnic table were also designed for those wheelchair bound.  I’ve attached some pictures below.  If you have disabilities you’ll have access to everything you need at this campground.

To many signs!

The facilities are very clean. The grounds are well kept.
The only down side I didn’t like was the amount of signs throughout the grounds! There are signs every where telling you what you can’t do. They could do with a few less signs. A overall nice place to set up. Plenty of space between sites so you are not on top of each other.

Streeter Park donation park

Streeter Park has electric and water hook-ups for campers and has I nice park and a nature walk. It is also right next to the municipal pool. So you can swim also. Pay is by donation. It is nice and in the trees. The campsites are in walking distance of a few restaurants and convenience store and grocery store. We had a nice stay.

Nice and quiet

Small park with no extras…no running water, no playground equipment, no electricity. The grounds were kept up nicely and there is an outhouse for use. The mosquitos were terrible. There’s two small ponds for fishing, I wouldn’t recommend swimming in them. The loup river is a short distance away and it is BEAUTIFUL.

Good stop

Pool was chilly but nice after a long day of driving. Surrounded by cornfields with interstate close it works for a quick stop. Don’t be fooled not all sites have cable as advertised.

Very Pleasantly Surprised

Very tidy. Adjacent to ball fields and community pool with water slides and a spray ground! Water at each site. Small gravel pad with some grass. Enough room for a couple tents although the space is intended for campers/rvs. Earplugs were a great suggestion. I’m giving this 5 stars because although it’s not perfect, it is impressive for the area, the proximity to I-80 and certainly for the price!

Streeter Park

Beautiful campground, very well kept up. Most bathrooms were very clean but the one near the pool was very smelly and in need of a good cleaning. Did get a bit noisy at night due to some couple with a small yapping dog nearby arguing loudly and slamming vehicle doors. Also nearby trains were very noisy. Overall it was a very beautiful campground. Suggestion: wear earplugs and it would be much better.

Looks great!

This campground looks great. The lake looks inviting and has a swim area as well as fishing. Well maintained and the camp host was friendly and helpful.

Cute campground

This campground is near a lake, looks cute and decently kept up. One of the bigger playgrounds was partially underwater. All the RV spots were filled so we didn’t end up staying there. A sign indicates gates close at 8:30. So if you are arriving late, or wanting a night out in town this may not be the campground for you.

Great area

The RV area of this park has 18ish pads fcfs with electrical and water hookups. There is a dump station as well. It is located right off highway 34 and only a few miles off I 80. Great area to stop for the night. The park is in town and right next to the city pool. There is one bathroom near the pool and playground area.

Small park

Smaller park with about 15 tent sites with fire pits and picnic tables. Outhouse facilities with no access to fresh water. There is no playground equipment. Access to 2 fishing ponds and a short hike to access river.

Good overnight

Several good fishing ponds, my favorite is back on the service road.

Close to I80

Good fishing. Two ponds. Right off I80.

Close to hiking trail and the Archway museum.

Short walk to the Platte river. Several fishing ponds.

Ranger Review: Primus Trailbottle at Bader Park in Nebraska

Campground Review: Bader Park is located in Merrick County a few miles from Marquette Nebraska. It has 24 Rv sites with Electric at $20/night and over 15 tent sites at $10/night, along with lots of day use areas. Everyone also needs to purchase a $6/day vehicle pass. It is a smaller campground with acres of prairie wetlands and miles of trails. There are picnic areas with grills scattered throughout and a group picnic shelter. The showers are coin operated, make sure you bring shower sandals. We were the only campers there except the campground hosts. It was quite chilly in the evenings, but enjoyed sitting out by the campfire looking up at the full moon and stars. You only heard nature around you…the leaves rustling as they blew in the wind, the crickets and frogs singing and the coyotes chattering in the distance. So very relaxing.

Bader Park has a swimming beach with a sandvolleyball net, and multiple fishing ponds. During the year they have fun activities for children and adults including Bird/Nature hikes, a Haunted forest, and Haunted Halloween Campgrounds.

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time and I tested the Primus Trailbottle at Bader Park. What I love about the 1.0L(33.8 oz) Trail bottle:

1. It's stainless steel with powdered coating. I chose black and it wow it looks sharp, but it has other color options. It also stay cold for hours.
  2. I use it for flavored water and was excited that it didn't retain the flavors from previous drinks.
  3. It is dishwasher safe and if you choose to wash it in the sink the opening is larger which makes it easy to get a brush in there to clean. It also makes it easier to get ice in.

4. I love that it is light weight and easily fits in the pocket of my backpack. It also comes with a. a strap on lid so it doesn't get lost and you can strap it on to your backpack.

I give The Primus Trail Bottle 5 stars as it meets and exceeds my expectations. Take a look at all the Primus products at https://www.primus.eu/

Beautiful Lake Did Not Overcome the Poor Maintenance

The lake was nice and probably had good fishing. The Disc Golf course looked inviting, but the mosquitoes were horrendous and the Toilet disgusting.

Dry Camping

Had a great time. Kayak and bank fishing, hiking and just relaxing in general. We stay in the area with no power, etc., but we were prepared. There are modern showers and restrooms on this part of the camp. Showers need to be fed quarters. 7 minutes for $1.50 if memory serves me right. The traffic noise off I-80 was the only drawback, but the trees blocked the view. Caught some Bass and Bluegill, but were not bragging size.

Hall county Park-family and pet friendly

We pulled into George H Clayton(Hall County Park on a Saturday night and we're lucky enough to get the last of 19 sites for RVs. We were greeted by a very friendly camp hostess who showed us our site #12. The campground is 3.5 miles from the Grand Island Ne exit 312. The Rv spots had Electric, paved, and level. The cost was $20 per night. There were picnic tables at each site and fires were allowed only in a raised grill and alcohol was not permitted. They also a tent area which was $15 a night. The camping areas and park were very well kept.

There were playgrounds scattered throughout the park, along with walking and biking trails. Some were on the backside of scenic Stuhr Museum where you can see the historical buildings. They also had outside workout stations to use. Picnic shelters were full of families coming to the park for day use. We also saw a flock of wild turkeys waddling around the area.

Nice fishing area and camping along I-80

Mormon Island is a nice, clean State campground along Interstate 80 at the Grand Island exit. There is a store right before the entrance in case you forgot anything or need to purchase firewood. There are 3 different areas for campers, a tent area, a Rv area, and an area for generator use. The Rv area has Electric and the sites are evenly spaced on black top and are level. Each site has a fire ring and picnic table. There is also plenty of day use areas. The restrooms are clean and have water fountains. There is a separate shower house and laundry that is also well kept. The grounds are maintained and are attractive.

There is a playground for children, a fishing pier, biking, and nice trails to explore. This is a nice area with lots to explore including the Platte River. Just beware of deer ticks. Spray,Spray,Spray..my husband left with 32 visitors that needed to be pulled out.

Aurora-Nice park and town

Streeter Park is in the town of Aurora and is a free will donation for up to 4 days. It has Electric and water and a dump station. There are 18 level, gravel pads that are somewhat close together. The sites are shaded and the park is clean and kept up. It is a nice area with a new water park, and playground for kids. There is also new tennis courts and Trails. We were able to get cell service and had a nice stay.

Love love love!

Jeeping at Broken arrow is always so much fun! great people, great jeeping, great gathering with other jeepers, friends and a great guide for newbies ;) love it there!