The best RV SITES camping near
Big Springs , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Big Springs Camping Reviews
Summer windstorms

Stayed here on my cross country drive. Real calm at dusk on this reservoir, it picked up real fast into a certified windstorm by 2AM when I felt like my tent was about to be blown away into oblivion. LOTS of RVs.

So many fish

We had a blast fishing ogala. Cool town and so many fish. Clean camping spaces and well set up. We will be back.

Quiet Little Spot

I drove beyond the golf course campground & found a spot next to the lake that had a fire ring. The road & plant noise did not bother me. Great spot for a quick overnight stay.

Nice stopover

Tent camped on the shore of the reservoir, this was a nice enough spot although a little noisy from the road and power station across the reservoir.

Beautiful place...can be a little smelly

Great sites right on a small peaceful lake. Just know if the wind changes you might get a little smelly at the campsites. Also look at beach camping up at the big lake above the dam. We didn't realize that was there until we drove in so FYI.

1 night stand

We stayed at the Little Thunder campground for 1 night while passing through Nebraska. Wow! The views were wonderful. We had to pay $8 for an entry fee into the park. Camping fees were paid at the campground using an envelope and a drop box. They offered full hookup sites 1-8 for $37/night and sites 9-42 are $32/night w/ electricity. We chose site 25 It has a nice sandy trail that leads you right to the beach.🏖 We arrived at 4:00pm on a Friday evening in September and there were plenty of sites to choose from. We seen a few campers & tents ⛺ boondocking on the beach, we wanted to go out there but after boondocking in Colorado for 5 days we wanted to enjoy the electricity hookup for the night. The cons to this site is there were tiny cockle burrs on the ground EVERYWHERE! Our poor dogs were injured immediately after arriving before we realized these cockle burrs were on the ground by then we had tracked them inside the camper, vehicle on our shoes..My family got them stuck in their hands and feet ouch! I wasn't a happy camper while getting those burrs out of the dogs paws and out of the camper and clothes. There are no signs stating dogs weren't allowed on the beach so we carried them down there where they were safe to walk around. I am not sure if these burrs are all over the campground because I did not leave our site other than the path to beach which didn't have these burrs. The wind had picked up out of nowhere and the clouds rolled in then sand was blowing hard everywhere so we retreated to our camper for the night. Be prepared there is alot of white sand here.

Perfect for everyone even kids

Half the campground is FCFS other half is reserved. Every site has water/power/sewer There is shade on almost every site. There is a playground for kids. All outer loop sites face the water.

Camping on a working farm

Camper Park is just off the interstate and was a great place to stay for a night when I was on a road trip. The lounge area, laundry room and bathroom are kept clean. The owner is wonderful. She even gave me some eggs for my breakfast and cucumbers as a snack for the road.

Great ocean beach camp spot in the middle of the country

Felt like I was at an ocean beach in the middle of NEBRASKA. Paid the necessary dues at the entrance to the beach area and then drove along the water to find the perfect spot. Backed the Jeep up to the water and called it home for the night. It was a little windy the day I stayed there…hopefully it is calmer most days. I think you can find other spots in coves that would guard you from the wind if needed. Great sunset and sunrise views.

Nice

Real quick review: Nice little no wake lake. We enjoyed the lake to paddleboard around. Tent camping one side and RV on my the other. Bath house Boat launch Playground RV hookups Dumpstation Short walking trail to the damn spout ..water all sites ..some electric Sites