The best GROUP camping near
Green Acres , MONTANA

Most Recent Green Acres Camping Reviews
Fantastic people and place!

I been through the area a couple times on quick trips,I always wanted to return and explore the area without knowing much about it and the people were very helpful. Yes they told us how to get to Ross Creek Cedars and Kootenai falls (go early), absolutely stunning! I also found Libby Dam, we sat on the tailgate eating lunch and watched eagles soaring and fishing on the bottom side of the dam. The trail down to the river was great, the boys had a blast riding their bikes on it. The only downside was being right next to the highway but that also made it nice for getting out and exploring too.

Expensive but large and nice.

This was the location where my friends and I did our first group camping trip after we graduated.

Since we slowly reduced to much a smaller group making this site really too expensive to justify coming back.

We swam and told scary stories by the campfire.

The site we stayed at was not huge but there were areas off in the distance we used. And other sites for the groups use. There’s not much else around which made spreading out a possibility.

Sometimes it’s hard to find remote areas over here in general as it’s somewhat of a touristy area and has been building that was for several years. So this area is nice if you want some privacy with a group of friends.

A tad pricy but overall nice spot!

Lots of free firewood around, and clean waters to swim, vault style toilets and a friendly camp host.

This spot has a very remote feeling which was welcomed.

Their group site is HUGE! So if you have a family reunion this place would provide a lot of enjoyment.

Very friendly staff

At first we were a little taken aback by all the train noises (the puppy wasn’t too excited about it) but they didn’t run too late into the night. Close to town and when we stayed (early October) there were plenty of open RV sites. It almost felt like we had the place to ourselves. The facilities were well maintained and included laundry, bathrooms, and pay showers.

Great introduction to backpacking, beautiful location

This was my first ever backpacking experience and was a great introduction for me. We did the 3.5-mile trail. It was challenging and encouraging. My dog loved it too, and she's a larger breed! I would recommend this trek for anyone who is wanting to learn and practice backpacking skills. There are a few cleared areas for dispersed camping at the lake and a few other locations along the 3.5-mile trail and the 11-mile trail to Engle Lake. It is mostly uphill along both trails, though, so be mindful of that when considering equipment and weight. It is a gorgeous spot and is close to the Engle Peak summit with 360-degree views of the Cabinet Mountains. When we were here, there were a lot of Elk and Moose foot-traffic. They probably won't bother you. Just be aware of them and store your food properly. There have been grizzly bears spotted here, but not that frequently, apparently. Nonetheless, bring a bear canister and place it 100-300 feet from your tent. Enjoy the preserved and lightly trafficked gem! And as always, leave no trace and follow COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines :)

Great for a night (or more if fishing)

We were there mid-week in the off-season and pretty much had the place to ourselves. The sites are close together, but that obviously didn't affect us.

Pretty lake. Good cell service even though its tucked away from the main road. The owner was very nice and helpful.

I wish we were staying longer and we would have rented one of their boats and done some fishing.

Restroom is just an outhouse up the hill a bit, but it was clean.

Picnic table and fire ring, but a burn ban was in effect while we were there. Owner provided a 120 VAC adapter plug for us to connect to 220 service.

Nice stay. Would definitely stop over again sometime.

Convenient, lots of amenities, a bit crowded.

Stayed here for a few days back in June. Since I've been lucky enough to be able to work remotely, I just needed to find a campsite that had cell reception so I could tether my laptop, and this one does (at least on Verizon).

It has a lot more to offer too though, as the lakeside location is pretty great. You can rent paddle boards and head out onto the water. Apparently this is one of the deepest lakes in the country. A local couple that gave us a ride on their boat told us they test submarines in this lake, or at least used to. I love random bits of interesting info like that.

All the standard amenities here, and then some. Restaurant / bar within walking distance.

The only thing that got to be a bit much is how crowded it was. Yes, the campground is large (four different loops in total, if I remember correctly) but still, felt like a zoo sometimes.

Still, if you're looking for easy, don't mind paying and ideally making reservations ahead of time, and can sacrifice some privacy, this will do you very well.

Great experience and people!

We stayed here for two nights for our first “plugged in” camper experience. Owners were super friendly and helpful! At their recommendation visited both the Kootenai Falls and Ross Creek Cedars, both very fun and memorable experiences for us and our toddler. Camp store packed with fun goodies. Also met some new friends while at camp, excited to meet up with them again someday! Will definitely be back!

Nice RV digg’s! Great choice for those who like to “Glamp”!

Nice area for RV and camper trailers! Not as many spots for tents but I’ve seen a few on the lower level. Nice long, hot shower’s and nice shower room’s. Two showers per male and female though, which isn’t enough in my opinion. Nice, fancy-ish restaurant at the bottom of the camping grounds right on the big beautiful lake. Awesome views! Sit and eat while you watch the amazing sunsets each night! Spots for boats to pull up at and park. Good swimming beach area. You can have bonfires at night with the big burn barrel down at the front of restaurant’s beach side. A few different beaches along the area. Kind of rocky though so definitely wanna bring swimming shoes or wear flip flops to get in the water! Sam Owens is right next to here in walking distance and is more for tent campers, but they also allow RV campers. Fun place in the summer!

Fun for kids! Tame deer come right up to you!!

This is a nice place to go with the whole fam! It is known for it’s huge friendly deer population!! You will see them everywhere!! Which is fun for out-of-towners! People from the city who don’t get much wildlife action. Also, very amazing views of Lake pend Oreille and the mountains, which surround you. It is down a beautiful peninsula in Hope, Idaho. It has a nice restaurant with a nice outside deck to eat and watch the sunset! People are nice and friendly! Good place to swim! They have burn barrels at the beach by the water that anyone can use to sit and have a nice beachside bonfire! Oh!! And they have firewood you can go and get for free that the staff piles up under a little gazebo thing. .. You can also get a burn barrel and they’ll bring one up to your campsite via golf cart, for free!!! Once a month every few weeks a truck comes around to empty anyone who may wants sewage and water buildup for a fee of $50.00.. They have an excellent shower room, but only two showers for each gender.. So all in all it’s pretty nice!!