Camping in East Butte

120 Reviews of 37 East Butte, Montana Campgrounds

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Nice quite place.

Clean and relaxing. Table and fire ring at each site. Nice creek and very little traffic noise.

A
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Great lakeside spot

Lovely spot, zero bugs, spaced apart from others, plentiful clean bathrooms, and a boat launch. I will say that the red-necked grebes had a loud raucous party all night and while it was certainly festive, kinda hard to sleep. Thinking it was a mating ritual.

• Audio purposes to hear the grebes
  • sunset
  • Misty morning
Sitec43
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Convenient from I90

We have stayed here a few times on a trip to or from the west coast. It is not far away from freeway I90.

It has never been crowded when we were there in spring or fall. Big campground, clean and tidy, in an open are with few trees. Shower building was OK. Park Visitor Center is nearby.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Level camp sites

This campground is adequate and has easy access from I90. It is located west of Butte, Montana. There are restrooms, showers and a laundry room. The restrooms could have been cleaner. However the camp sites are nearly level and the owners are friendly and helpful.

Mei San H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Couldn't make it to the camp

I have a Subaru and thought I'd try my hand at driving out to this camp spot. 17 miles from the camp you enter a dirt road. Most of the road isn't bad, but you definitely couldn't pass some spots without some clearance and AWD. 2.7 miles from the camp I spot another subie parked in a nice little…

• this is where I was stopped.
Steph C.
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Missouri headwaters

Pretty nice place. Campsites barely fit a tent but some sites for campers. Lots of hiking trails and super clean bathrooms. $24 for out of staters for the night

nThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 2, 2021

6 spots right on the river

Great sites. Close together but clean and right on the river. A little short on the length but okay for our 29’

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

Nobody there

Beautiful huge rocks and unique camping spots!

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Right next to highway 15

Take exit 160 This spot is north of exit and you will go under the highway. Bridge is a bit scary, just go slow.

FreeganDave H.
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2021

On theBoulder river

Nice camp ground. It’s primitive , has a couple fire pits. Pack it in pack it out! Quit except the highway is just up and over the river. Free

Riley N.
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2020

Stopped here on the way to Glacier

This was one of my favorite places I’ve camped. It was very private and as two 20 year old girls sleeping in a car we felt very safe. We just happened upon the site very late at night and decided to stay the night. It was a great spot.

Judy T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2020

A waterfall for a neighbor

Lost Creek State Park has a beautiful canyon setting and a pretty waterfall just a very short hike from your campsite. We stayed in site #14 where was the closest site. We could hear the waterfall from there. Our stay was on September 9, 2019. We paid $28 as a non-resident. Potable water was from a…

Judy T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2020

Stuart Mill Bay FAS

This is a Montana State Fishing Access Site. The cost to camp here is maximum $18 for non-resident non fishing license camping. We had just finished the Skalkaho Highway from Hamilton and just needed a place to camp for the night. It was raining and we didn’t feel like driving further. There was at…

TMB
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2020

A SW Montana Favorite

Great park and campground popular with locals for a quick getaway, and ideal for travelers between Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks.  Yes, it is on a bench above a river valley and below higher sage and juniper covered foothills.  It can be windy, and it can be hot and sunny in the summer. …

Todd M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2020

Grasshopper Campground Ko

This is a nice smaller forest service campground adjacent to grasshopper creek. A great spot to stay if exploring the Pioneer Mountains.

There are 7-8 spaces, most suitable for a trailer or van. We were tent camping as were others. There are vault toilets and the ubiquitous forest service green…