The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Marthasville , MISSOURI

Most Recent Marthasville Camping Reviews
My fav!

Nestled in the trees

Some of the spots are close together but it seems to be that way because they kept as many natural trees as possible! We enjoyed the buddy sites so that our front doors faced our friends and the hookups were on the outside of each campsite. They also had group buddy sites that allowed four rigs to all front doors to face each other all being pull through sites.

My family also enjoy the Floating Trees ropes course. It was supposed to be about 2 hours but the instructors let them go an extra 45 minutes without anyone feeling rushed.

Daniel Boone

Nice area, second camping area at the end of the road. No amenities at the end of the road, but there is a toilet at the first camping area. Beautiful scenery, alot of hunters.

Ozark Outdoors

Ozark Outdoors provides our small group with a great environment and a beautiful 10 mile float. Camping was a little cramped, but it was still enjoyable. I want to go again and experience the other amenities that are offered such as high ropes and horseback riding.

Camping and Floating with friends

Had a great weekend camping out and floating with friends. They originally booked us for a tiny camping lot, and were awesome to find a larger spot for our group upon arrival. We rented one of the pavilions as well. It was awesome to be camped right on the creek and take a half way break at camp for lunch before finishing the float. Seemed to be a well run and kept place!

Spacious sites

We love Huzzah Valley. They have a system that is like a well oiled machine. Can reserve sites online, can check in from your car once you arrive. Very clean facilities. Sites are large and well kept.

Our Favorite Float Trip Camping

We average 3-4 trips a year here! We love it and the 5 mile float is the perfect amount of time on the river! They have fun themed weekends! 4th of July and Halloween are our favorites. There is no cell service but basic WiFi is free 1 hour at a time and this year we have noticed a major upgrade to their system!

very nice campground, unfortunate guests

This is a great free campground, no water or anything, just a toilet house. Campground has 8 spots, two of which were taken, one in the front, one in the back. We stayed at one of the middle sites which was nice and spacious. There was a trail leading down to a pond at the site across from us. The bugs here were a little worse than average, but not so much that I didn't get to enjoy myself.

What DID prevent me from enjoying myself was the family staying at the front of the campground. They had quite a set up, and also a dog in a cage under a blanket, and a child who was either kept or stayed inside their small RV. We heard the parents yell at both the dog and the child. The child screamed and cried, to the point where it was worrisome that these parents were abusing him/her. We were considering staying two nights, but there was more screaming in the morning, so we left. The people at the back spot came back after dark and left at first light.

There was a trailhead by the horse stall/parking area, but we didn't hike. This would have been an INCREDIBLY LOVELY visit if not for the troublesome family.

Good for City Folk

For those who need to get out of town yet can't imagine not checking the latest tweet, Tik Tok, or Instagram post, this park is for you. Not 2 miles from Six Flags, and 5 minutes from the freeway, you'll find plenty of beauty, creature comfort amenities, and cell service.

We are looking at 3 primitive campsites(closed at the time of this review), 6 family tent sites, as well as plenty of RV spaces with electrical hookups.

The park is known for its well-groomed trails, which are used by hikers, mountain bikers, and equestrians alike. Plenty of stables surround the area, where you may rent a horse and go for a stroll through the woods.

The primitive sites are large, with picnic tables and an outhouse, while the family tent ones are near restrooms, showers and a source of water.

The whole park is rather pretty with plenty to do and see.

Now, with that said, I was not a huge fan. This is not a place for a person who wants to get away from people. The Family tent sites are very close to the road, as in 10ft from it, so traffic to and from the stables are rather annoying. Being very close, the freeway noise is still present, and you'll find many motorcycles riding by you on their way through the winding roads of Wildwood. It's a nice sight but the noise sucks. The place has A LOT of deer which means that ticks are everywhere-which is not a big deal if you know what you're doing.

During the time I spent here 2 different homeless looking kids stopped by asking for food, money, to borrow my phone to make a call. One after the other had to be shooed out of my site. That was followed by a STL County Police Officer patrolling the location. That did not settle well, and the night was a bit odd. Keep in mind that I was here alone and during the middle of the week so, chances are, during the weekend you might not have the same experience.

Overall, this is well maintained park with plenty of activities and close to all the luxuries that a town can offer, lots of amenities nearby or on site.

You would enjoy it:

• If you want to be near civilization.
  • If you are a family with children.
  • If you want to enjoy Six Flags and then go camping.
  • If you would like mountain biking.
  • If you need facilities such as bathrooms and showers

You'd, maybe, not enjoy it so much:

• If you'd like to disconnect.
  • If you are looking for less noise
  • If you are looking for less cars/traffic
  • If you are looking to be alone with your thoughts.
Top Notch Relaxation

I called on the day I wanted to go camping and still got a spot, and although I had never been there before It was exactly what I expected and more. The main office had everything you would ever need even pizza delivery I didnt use it but it's an awesome idea. The and playground looked very nice and well kept, the showers and bathrooms were very clean and well stocked. The scenery was beautiful and the river was perfect for floating and playing. It was a great experience and I'm excited to go back again.