Aurora , MISSOURI

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Aurora Camping Reviews
Gem in Missouri

Lovely spot in Missouri. Passing through to Tennessee and found this gem of a spot with 2 vault toilets, trash and it’s free! Arrived at sunset in a Wednesday and only 2 other campers. There’s about 6 spots to pull in with a camper/ RV then at least 6 tent spots. Most spots have a fire ring and picnic table. 2-3 bars of LTE with AT&T. Little bit of road noise but no issues sleeping in my van. Everyone we came across was kind. No electric or water so come prepared. Closest town for supplies is around 25 minutes. Would definitely stay here again!

Very Pretty Lake and Park

Busy little older park on a lovely lake near Eureka Springs, AR. Great birdwatching opportunities, nice hiking trails. Mostly tent camping, some with electric. Sites lower and closer to the lake subject to flooding and can get quite boggy after a lot of rain. Reservations must be made via Reserve America, and you'll need to look at the map to get the site number since only a few sites have identifiers. Drive into the park is very beautiful, hilly and curvy!

Large Lake for Sailing

Nice camping spots, cabins also available. You can rent boats at the marina. Tubing, fishing, kayaking and hiking also available.

Great for Trout Fishing

Not my favorite of all parks but also not one to miss. Roaring river state park has a working trout fish hatchery. You can walk the holding tanks and feed the trout from baby to ready to be released into the river. There is also a cave you can walk in where you’ll find a pool of water that goes for miles underground. Roaring river has three different campgrounds. I prefer ground one and two…however the downside is the spots are not very spacious / far apart from those camping next to you. There are also several hiking trails through out the park, a visitors center, bath houses, a pool, and swimming holes (the water is very cold—great in the hot summer)

They are currently redoing the park in a multi million dollar project. The plan was to be completed already however due to COVID19 there have been some delays. I am excited to see the improvements once complete.

The Spot!

Words really can't describe.

But here we go….

Hidden Gem of the Ozarks

Definitely one of the most peaceful and tranquil campsites I ever stayed. Great place for families too. Access to Table Rock, Game Room, Pool and Jacuzzi. Small cabins and A-frames to rent. They have it all. This is my getaway!

Quiet and clean

Campsites are spread out, lots of privacy. Bathrooms are a short drive back to the general store. There is plenty of firewood around that you can cut. Campsite 1 was where I stayed, right on the river. There were floaters on the river, but not a lot and it was still peaceful. Great fishing. Nice fire pits and level campsites. I will be returning!

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

A quiet weekend

After camping each month through the summer, it was a pleasant change for the temperature to dip for our two night visit to Lake Leatherwood City Park. We had booked one of the sites in what is known as Shady Grove, which is down on the edge of the lake. We kayak and it was a pleasant surprise to find only three powered boats on the lake throughout the weekend. You can rent canoes, paddle boards and paddle boats on an hourly rate if you haven’t brought your own. The campsite was built in the 1940s and still has that old feel to it. It’s basic but efficient and clean. The host is friendly and helpful. After camping in COE campgrounds and state parks, this is a nice quiet campground. There are numerous bike and hiking trails and a shuttle service for the downhill riders. This is definitely a campground we will visit again.