The best RV SITES camping near
Wiggins , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Wiggins Camping Reviews
Very nice campground

We do Paul B. every spring & fall for the weekend. Beautiful view of the lake from some campsites. Have a campfire every night. Bathrooms with hot shower available. Lake has some boat traffic, but not too bad. Great place to bring the kayaks. Overall A+ in my book!

Subpar at best

Primitive campsite had lots of trash on the ground (kids socks, plastic, toilet paper). Port-o-pottys were disgusting. Stayed one night on my cross country drive and it was one night too many.

Merry Christmas

We spent Christmas Holiday in this Beautiful Mississippi State Park,  we have family in the area so instead of Hotels we bring the motorhome down and spend the week here! The park is clean the lake is wonderful and the folks that manage the property are Great look forward to next year!!

Keith and Barbara

Not great before the hurricane.

There’s quite a lot of hurricane damage, but I get the impression it wasn’t that nice before the damage occurred. There isn’t much to do unless the water park is open. The whole area is basically a swamp and the hiking trail is therefore quite wet and sloppy. Fire rings are in some sites but not all. Same with picnic tables. The gulf view area is essentially a parking lot and there’s a road between the camping area and the water. Also, no beach. There’s a sea wall and then the water. A railroad runs by quite close to the park, though only a few trains a day go by. There are biting, swarming gnats that somehow manage to swarm and bit when it’s only 50 degrees.

The positives are full hookups, though the sewer on spot 129 was recessed into concrete at a weird angle and could not be connected. The concrete site was quite level and easy to get into. Cheap rates.

Do NOT stay here!

Would not stay here again! Each site is extremely small/tight. When we put out our awning, it literally hit the RV that was next to us. Then when we tried to sign into the WiFi password they sent to us in the confirmation Email, it didn’t work! Not a good experience!

Personally , I will not be stopping here again

Please understand. This is my personal opinion. Pads were mostly small with biggish drop off from steps to camper usable site. Not my favorite. Every COE site we have been to beats this.

Lesson learned

Arrived in Biloxi only to discover the state park we selected to camp did not exist anymore. We were directed to Davis Bayou by a very nice police officer. We arrived at dark but were unaware this is a national park that requires reservations. With no internet signal we could not complete our registration that night but the camp host let us stay. In the morning all went well and we now know to always make reservations at a state or federal campground in advance. Other than that the site #13 was great. All concrete. Picnic tables and fire pits. Lots of free firewood for the taking because of the hurricane damage. 22.00 per night

Easy overnight

Easily accessible right off I-10 about 2 miles. The Fort Bayou Brewing Company is next to the Cypress Taphouse Brewery & Restaurant. Even though they are closed on Mondays & Tuesdays, Keith allows you to park overnight in a large parking lot behind the restaurant. Any size rig can fit in here.

It's a parking lot. A fairly level one. Not much to look at, but it's an easy overnight place to stay while traveling.

24-hour reservations are highly recommended. Simply email Keith and let him know when you would like to stay. He sent us the Wi-Fi and password so we had decent access. Cell phone coverage is also very good here.

Around the corner is a WalMart Neighborhood Market you can walk to. There's also a couple restaurants with walking distance as well. And the Taphouse Brewery & Restaurant is right out your door.

It's free to stay here, but if they are open, it's nice to support them by hitting up the Taphouse.

This is dry camping only. They do have a trash dumpster you can use. Since it is a parking lot, not great for tents.

Nice and quiet

Site 141 was in a very wooded area at the far end of all three RV areas. We stayed during the second weekend of Dec. weather was brisk with a small amount of rain on Saturday. Had a beautiful view of the water where you could fish. This spot was so quiet and peaceful, no road noise was heard the entire 3 days. There were a few other campers in neighboring spots but the rest of the area was sparsely packed.

The only issue I had with the spots were they were all uneven, but somehow I was able to level my 37’ travel trailer on the first try without any leveling aids.

The only thing I had negative review of was how low the water spigot was in the ground. But overall I would stay in this exact spot again.

Quiet Country Setting

We stayed 2 nights and loved it. It is a quiet country feel just minutes from downtown Biloxi and the casinos. We went to the dock to buy fresh shrimp right off the boat. Thanks Mary!